Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 72 - Paintsville 71
??????? whats ur point. I though the putting down of players was finished.
i still think he should have touched the ball. He was being doubled teamed but imo he stillled should have had the ball in the crucial situations. That was his team and he along with Matt Daniels, led the team back in the game.
Still*
great win for sc.. if they win district and region spurlock does deserve coach of the year.. but if they dont do either one then this season is a failure and the reason i say this is because this team and this school should have the best basketball team in the region cause the talent is there... if they dont win both titles its spurlocks fault..
monster_energy Wrote:great win for sc.. if they win district and region spurlock does deserve coach of the year.. but if they dont do either one then this season is a failure and the reason i say this is because this team and this school should have the best basketball team in the region cause the talent is there... if they dont win both titles its spurlocks fault..
What are YOU ON????:eyeroll:
monster_energy Wrote:great win for sc.. if they win district and region spurlock does deserve coach of the year.. but if they dont do either one then this season is a failure and the reason i say this is because this team and this school should have the best basketball team in the region cause the talent is there... if they dont win both titles its spurlocks fault..

Then that can be said for every coach that has coached since the inception of the school. I played against Sheldon Clark in their inagural season way back in 1973. They have just about always had more talent than anyone else around, but could never win because they were usually too selfish and undisciplined to be able to function as a team. This goes all the way back beginning with the John Larry Cline and the Johnny Martin days and including just about every coach since. This is probably the first coach that SC has ever had that demands respect and has instilled discipline that I can ever remember. It's refreshing to see the kids that have stuck with it respond in such a positive manner. You better hope and pray that Spurlock doesn't decide to leave for greener pastures somewhere else. I still cant figure out what the enticement was for him to go to Inez to begin with.
there suppose to beat pville, they beat them by 35 last yr with tiller. they beat jc in the district last yr, this was suppose to happen. you all are acting like this was the biggest upset of the year. they were 2 foul shots away from blowing a 19pt lead in the final 9 minutes of the ball game. Im glad they won, but my goodnes they were suppose to win. This is not an upset. By the way Spurlock has never won the region. All A yes region NO. So who ever posted that was wrong. why do u think they got rid of him, he could never beat al holland. He has done a great job with the 6 kids he has. I give him credit for that.
schsalum Wrote:there suppose to beat pville, they beat them by 35 last yr with tiller. they beat jc in the district last yr, this was suppose to happen. you all are acting like this was the biggest upset of the year. they were 2 foul shots away from blowing a 19pt lead in the final 9 minutes of the ball game. Im glad they won, but my goodnes they were suppose to win. This is not an upset. By the way Spurlock has never won the region. All A yes region NO. So who ever posted that was wrong. why do u think they got rid of him, he could never beat al holland. He has done a great job with the 6 kids he has. I give him credit for that.

Coach Spurlock won the 2006 14th region, lost to Madison Central in sweet sixteen, Hazard was led by current Pikeville college point guard Justin Hicks.

Hazard beat Coach Holland and Pcc in first game of district that year, Pcc had won the previous 3 years in the first game. Hazard and Pcc have not played first game since.
Coach Spurlock was 89-32 in 4 yrs at Hazard and 5-7 versus Pcc and Coach Holland, won All A 3 out of 4 years including 2004 state championship
schsalum Wrote:there suppose to beat pville, they beat them by 35 last yr with tiller. they beat jc in the district last yr, this was suppose to happen. you all are acting like this was the biggest upset of the year. they were 2 foul shots away from blowing a 19pt lead in the final 9 minutes of the ball game. Im glad they won, but my goodnes they were suppose to win. This is not an upset. By the way Spurlock has never won the region. All A yes region NO. So who ever posted that was wrong. why do u think they got rid of him, he could never beat al holland. He has done a great job with the 6 kids he has. I give him credit for that.

That was last year you goober. and try spelling it "They're".

That game was a fluke. Tigers beat them last year and this year. The other two times SC beat them this year were close games. Two evenly matched teams.

Try using facts, punctuation, spell check and capital letters. It may make you appear a little smarter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I thought there should have been more than 8/10ths of a second left on the clock. The clock should not have started until it was touched by the rebounder at 2.4 seconds. He immediately started to celebrate so in my opinion the clock should have been set to about 1.5 seconds. I realize thats only 7/10ths of a second longer, but it gives the shooter a dribble or a rebounder chance for a tip in.

As for the final play........with only .8 seconds left you have to find the first guy who breaks open and is in range of the basket. They did that and it was a good shot that appeared to be on target. I'm sure Green was the go to guy coming out of the huddle, but if he isn't open you have to find someone who is and get them the ball. It takes a big set to have the "cojones" to take the shot when the game is on the line. The shooter did everything right, it just didn't go in.

As for the TIGERS, I thought the last six games of the season were the most exciting games of the season! (3-3) They lose to JC on their court by one or two, lose to SF by 3 on their court and to SC by 1..........six or seven more points spread around and this team would have been 6-0 going into the finals of the District, but if frogs had wings they wouldn't hit the butts on the ground. I thought the seniors played with a lot of heart and if I was coaching give me players with average ability and lots of heart and I'm going to win some games. The entire group tied their shoes a little tighter and went to "war" night in and night out. There have been better TIGER teams talent wise, but very few with as a big a HEART as the 2010-11 TIGERS. You all earned your stripes!
Youngerthandirt Wrote:I thought there should have been more than 8/10ths of a second left on the clock. The clock should not have started until it was touched by the rebounder at 2.4 seconds. He immediately started to celebrate so in my opinion the clock should have been set to about 1.5 seconds. I realize thats only 7/10ths of a second longer, but it gives the shooter a dribble or a rebounder chance for a tip in.

As for the final play........with only .8 seconds left you have to find the first guy who breaks open and is in range of the basket. They did that and it was a good shot that appeared to be on target. I'm sure Green was the go to guy coming out of the huddle, but if he isn't open you have to find someone who is and get them the ball. It takes a big set to have the "cojones" to take the shot when the game is on the line. The shooter did everything right, it just didn't go in.

As for the TIGERS, I thought the last six games of the season were the most exciting games of the season! (3-3) They lose to JC on their court by one or two, lose to SF by 3 on their court and to SC by 1..........six or seven more points spread around and this team would have been 6-0 going into the finals of the District, but if frogs had wings they wouldn't hit the butts on the ground. I thought the seniors played with a lot of heart and if I was coaching give me players with average ability and lots of heart and I'm going to win some games. The entire group tied their shoes a little tighter and went to "war" night in and night out. There have been better TIGER teams talent wise, but very few with as a big a HEART as the 2010-11 TIGERS. You all earned your stripes!

PERFECTLY SAID!!!!!:Thumbs:
Newsome really didn't have much a say into who was hired but as far as her daughter is concerned she is a fine young lady that loves to play the game. The comments made about coach Spurlock is sure getting old. I guess because he has taken six high school kids and won 17 games, which is the most over the past few years so he has proven what a quality coach he really is and this county is lucky to have him.
Youngerthandirt Wrote:I thought there should have been more than 8/10ths of a second left on the clock. The clock should not have started until it was touched by the rebounder at 2.4 seconds. He immediately started to celebrate so in my opinion the clock should have been set to about 1.5 seconds. I realize thats only 7/10ths of a second longer, but it gives the shooter a dribble or a rebounder chance for a tip in.

Amen brother.