Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis County 51 Greenup County 48
Final from the 63rd at Lewis Co.
Congrats to LC Mr March is at it again
Greenup has no direction at all. The Greenup fans should be proud of themselves for the throwing crap on the court and all the off color crap they
were screaming the entire game. It got so bad I left that side!!! Loserville!!!
A sad ending to this season for a great group of kids and the best group of athletes in the region.

Dunaway:ChairHit:
Congrats Lewis.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
duck1220 Wrote:A sad ending to this season for a great group of kids and the best group of athletes in the region.

Dunaway:ChairHit:
You are outside of your mind. I've read this drivel for too long about this group of "best athletes". That's just baloney. They're tall, that's about it. Poor shooters, lack of ball skills, no speed other than Jackson. Just not nearly what the hype has built up to. Newsflash: Tall does not always = talented.

I was embarassed to be a GC fan last night. And it had nothing to do with the play of the boys who I thought played their guts out. The kids left it all on the floor, and that's all you can ask for. They simply couldn't make shots. Yes, I know that Lewis got the benefit of nearly every call, and if they say otherwise they're outside of their minds as well. I've been critical of the coach this season like most of the county, but none of what happened last night was Nickle's fault. He didn't cost GC at all. Paint it how you want it.
And one more thing, I'll add that I do think this is a great group of kids. I love the Hampton kid, Trey has always shown himself a gentlemen when I've been around him, but I think there's no doubt been an undue pressure on this group because of all they've been built up to be. I hate to see them leave, I hate all the drama with the coaches over the years, but I'll bet somewhere that they may finally have a sense of relief. I wish all of them luck in the future.
congrats to LC
I also agree with 0u812, The kids are some really great kids. I have watched Trey play since grade school and he has handled hinself as good or better than any player in the tristate! I do think they could have been a better team if they ran a play now and then instead of sandlot! Jackson jumped to Greenup because he thought the same thing as others, the height factor. I do think with the right direction they could have been playing in Morehead!!! Fraley would have had this team clicking.
I have been a little critical on coach nickel on other sites. This is a really good group of young men who had the potential to be really good in the right system. I don't know coach nickel or his basketball background but this team shoulda/coulda been better. This would of have been coach ward's dream team. Jackson is a true point guard and trey is a really nice player also. Wards style of play with this group would have been scary. Duringthe late nineties you didnt score over 35 on greenup. His ball control offense and their length defensively would of been tough for everyone in the region.
OU812 Wrote:You are outside of your mind. I've read this drivel for too long about this group of "best athletes". That's just baloney. They're tall, that's about it. Poor shooters, lack of ball skills, no speed other than Jackson. Just not nearly what the hype has built up to. Newsflash: Tall does not always = talented.

I was embarassed to be a GC fan last night. And it had nothing to do with the play of the boys who I thought played their guts out. The kids left it all on the floor, and that's all you can ask for. They simply couldn't make shots. Yes, I know that Lewis got the benefit of nearly every call, and if they say otherwise they're outside of their minds as well. I've been critical of the coach this season like most of the county, but none of what happened last night was Nickle's fault. He didn't cost GC at all. Paint it how you want it.

I wasn't there last night but if they were missing 2-5 foot shots, like they should have been taking, then I hate it for them. If they were missing 15-19 ft shots like they've been missing all year, that is coaching. This group should have been hammering this region from the inside out.

One of the problems that really stuck out to me in the four games that I watched them play was they were never in as good of condition as the team they were playing. Players were always gasping for air. That also, is coaching.

I wish these kids great success in their future as I have enjoyed watching them for four years.:Cheerlead

By the way, regarding your first statement. Just a guess, mind you, but I'd be willing to wager that I might be a wee bit more qualified to make that judgment than you are.:eyeroll:
I have been a little critical on coach nickel on other sites. This is a really good group of young men who had the potential to be really good in the right system. I don't know coach nickel or his basketball background but this team shoulda/coulda been better. This would of have been coach ward's dream team. Jackson is a true point guard and trey is a really nice player also. Wards style of play with this group would have been scary. Duringthe late nineties you didnt score over 35 on greenup. His ball control offense and their length defensively would of been tough for everyone in the region.

How did Randy do at Coal Grove this year?
2-15 but started 3 freshmen no one on team 6'0 and no talent. Saw them play at Chesapeake last week the score was 80-28. While Chesapeake is very good and well coached I doubt any coach could have done anymore than he did at Coal Grove.