Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(22) Kentucky 85 - Mississippi State 79 (Men's Basketball)
Final
Good defensive effort by the cats. Work on your free throws .
Missing free-throws didn't let Mississippi State back in the game. Absolute ZERO effort on the defensive end over the final three minutes was the cause. It absolutely made me sick watching our guys stand around and letting MSU's players drive in the lane uncontested for layups.

I give UK a C- tonight for their disgusting last three minutes of play.
Leaders:

Knight (UK) 24 pts.
Knight (UK) 7 Asst.
Jones (UK) 10 Rebs.
Offensively UK couldn't have played much better, but it was definitely a different story on the defensive end. Missing free throws down the stretch too didn't help. A wins, a win though, can't complain too much after losing three out of the last four. Overall it was a very fun game to watch and hopefully UK wins out and gives themselves a shot at the East title.
Bad first half....
bad start of second half....
good middle of second half....
bad end of second half....

If these guys would have played good the whole game they would have blew this punks out lol
Kentucky come out slow, once Cal put Darius in it seemed like they started playing much better and cut the MSU lead down to 1 at the half. In the second half UK was clearly the better team and found Harrellson who wore Sidney out by running up and down the floor. UK got the lead up to 13 (I believe) late in the game and tried to put it in auto-pilot and ended up making a few turnovers and just played lazy defense and allowed MSU to get right back in the game.

Overall a decent performance and a much needed win that I'll take.
Lazy defense is the best way to put it. Free throw shooting is something that we have now seen for the past two years that is an obvious weakness. Knight had a consitent game. Harrelson impressed me with his effort. I thought this was a game that the Cats could put it in cruise control, but they are just not good enough to do that.
Miller came out firing.. 3-6 from 3 point land I was impressed by his play last night..
There was a lot the Cats let go on the defensive end, specially in the first half..
A lot of uncontested 3's Miss St. put up that could have been defended.
In the second half I did notice Miss St hit a few 3's that were somewhat contested.
Missed this one (Didn't get to watch.). At least we won!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Renardo Sidney might be the laziest player I have ever seen. He could care less as long as he doesn't have to play defense and can shoot 3's all game long.
We just need more players.