Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 3A District 8
District 8 – Belfry, East Ridge, Lawrence County, Pike County Central, Sheldon Clark

Discuss.:blabbermo
This may be the hardest district in 3A
Even though my Bulldogs lost last year in Inez I have to admit that was one of the best football games I watched all year. Both teams were fundamentally sound and one mistake made the difference. Cant wait for this year.
1. Belfry
2. Pike Central
3. Sheldon Clark
4. Lawrence
5. East Ridge
i know what Belfry has coming back ,but what about everybody else?
Belfry will back, who knows with Pike Central
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:1. Belfry
2. Pike Central
3. Sheldon Clark
4. Lawrence
5. East Ridge

1. Belfry (Has to be the pre-season favorite, return several starters from state runner-up)
2. Sheldon Clark (Returns the best RB in region and also 7 starters from 2010 district champs)
3. Lawrence County ( Solid team with a good QB and WR, but has a hard schedule to go through, WELCOME TO THE DISTRICT)
4.EAST RIDGE ( Getting better each year and will suprise a team in this district this year)
5.Pike Central ( Will get the hammer from KHSAA) If not, then 3rd or 4th
Should be yet another entertaining district to watch.

Even more difficult with a very good Lawrence County program coming in.
I'd love for LC to stay in this district for years.. Would be great to see these games annually.
I like Lawrence in that third spot but would not be supprised if they end up 1st or 2nd in that district. They have a lot returning, but with a coaching change who knows.
4-way tie for first! No I'm just kidding I see this being a fun year in this district. I'm not sure how it will end up. The battle for second is what we should really watch out for. Lawrence, Sheldon Clark, and Pike Central are all good football teams.
HawksRule Wrote:4-way tie for first! No I'm just kidding I see this being a fun year in this district. I'm not sure how it will end up. The battle for second is what we should really watch out for. Lawrence, Sheldon Clark, and Pike Central are all good football teams.

This District is tough, competitive, and probably full of surprises this coming season. I don't know whether East Ridge will improve enough to be competitive in the mix, but the remaining four definitely will be.

Belfry, no doubt, is the favorite, but on a given Friday night Lawrence County, Pike Central, or Sheldon Clark could pull off the surprise. If I recall, Sheldon Clark did just that last season.

Again, a tough, exciting District; it's going to be interesting and fun to see how things shape up at the end of the season, and then moving into the playoffs.

I'm looking for a great season of football in eastern Kentucky in 2011, and hoping for minimal injuries for all teams.

See you in the stands come August!
Sheldon Clark runs away with district this season. Belfry and Lawrence might slip in (maybe). East Ridge and Pike Central will fight it out for #4
Real Badman Wrote:Sheldon Clark runs away with district this season. Belfry and Lawrence might slip in (maybe). East Ridge and Pike Central will fight it out for #4

I don't see Pike Central having much a fight with East Ridge to be honest with you.
I like it as follows:

1) Belfry (14 R.S., but will need some lineman and a TB to rise to the occasion)
2) PCC (Assuming everyone is allowed to play)
3) Lawrence Co.
4) Sheldon Clark (only because they lose their QB, A. Ray, and a bunch of lineman)
False Hope Wrote:I like Lawrence in that third spot but would not be supprised if they end up 1st or 2nd in that district. They have a lot returning, but with a coaching change who knows.

IF and I mean a huge IF the new staff keeps the schemes in place that the Dawgs have been using for a few years now and they are comfortable with then LC can be very good this year. They have a LOT of young talent coming up and I think the defensive for LC will be their strong point. I believe Coach Cecil is ALL-ABOUT defense first off. His thing is defense can take keep teams from scoring and can also put points on the board for you.
HawksRule Wrote:I don't see Pike Central having much a fight with East Ridge to be honest with you.

No of course you wouldn't. Don't worry though, when Pike Central gets hit with the ban hammer, East Ridge wont have much of a fight with Central either. When/If actions are brought upon Pike Central will struggle, they're not the same as last season. If you can recall Pike Central has only been recently only been having these blowout wins. I feel you'll see the old close tight-knit battles, in previous seasons. If you think other wise, well you need to take your biased glasses off and look through it from a different perspective then you would see that. I said it last season, but if Pike Central wins the district, I'll eat my hat.
Real Badman Wrote:No of course you wouldn't. Don't worry though, when Pike Central gets hit with the ban hammer, East Ridge wont have much of a fight with Central either. When/If actions are brought upon Pike Central there not the same as last season. If you can recall Pike Central has only been recently only been having these blowout wins. I feel you'll see the old close tight-knit battles, in previous seasons. If you think other wise, well you need to take your biased glasses off and look through it from a different perspective then you would see that. I said it last season, but if Pike Central wins the district, I'll eat my hat.

If Central wins this district Ill enjoy a healthy serving of your hat too:popcorn:
Real Badman Wrote:No of course you wouldn't. Don't worry though, when Pike Central gets hit with the ban hammer, East Ridge wont have much of a fight with Central either. When/If actions are brought upon Pike Central will struggle, they're not the same as last season. If you can recall Pike Central has only been recently only been having these blowout wins. I feel you'll see the old close tight-knit battles, in previous seasons. If you think other wise, well you need to take your biased glasses off and look through it from a different perspective then you would see that. I said it last season, but if Pike Central wins the district, I'll eat my hat.

You say I have on biased glasses? I'm just proving points East Ridge in it's existence has never beat Pike Central. These hardly ever been close games between the 2 in the previous years. In 06 I think Central won by 7 that was a close-knit battle in your words, but every year after that Pike Central has blew them out. I never once said Pike Central would win district I said they would finish in the top 3. When you take your biased glasses off and look around then we welcome you to world. Now I wish the best for East Ridge I'd love to see them compete and make this fun. It's just not looking like it will happen this year. If East Ridge beats Pike Central this year I will eat your hat and everyone elses on Lick Creek.
HawksRule Wrote:You say I have on biased glasses? I'm just proving points East Ridge in it's existence has never beat Pike Central. These hardly ever been close games between the 2 in the previous years. In 06 I think Central won by 7 that was a close-knit battle in your words, but every year after that Pike Central has blew them out. I never once said Pike Central would win district I said they would finish in the top 3. When you take your biased glasses off and look around then we welcome you to world. Now I wish the best for East Ridge I'd love to see them compete and make this fun. It's just not looking like it will happen this year. If East Ridge beats Pike Central this year I will eat your hat and everyone elses on Lick Creek.

I refer back to my point about PCC being the same team anymore. I never said East Ridge would beat Pike Central. Never implied it. I stated it'll be a closer game then what you believe. Saying things like:

"I'd love to see them compete and make this fun. It's just not looking like it will happen this year."

Without backing up your statement, well that kinda defends my point about you being biased. I'm sure your on constant ER football watch. Alas, I'm not either, but at least I keep up with the the way Chapman and other coaches in the area do things. I dont have any glasses on, I just tell it how it is. If PCC beats ER by 20+ then, hey, thats alright, I'll say I was wrong, but right now, I'm just not seeing it.
man, you guys going to be eating alot of hats,lol
Jeez...you can't go anywhere without hearing people ramble on about this non-sense.

Seriously, can't we all get along?
Real Badman Wrote:I refer back to my point about PCC being the same team anymore. I never said East Ridge would beat Pike Central. Never implied it. I stated it'll be a closer game then what you believe. Saying things like:

"I'd love to see them compete and make this fun. It's just not looking like it will happen this year."

Without backing up your statement, well that kinda defends my point about you being biased. I'm sure your on constant ER football watch. Alas, I'm not either, but at least I keep up with the the way Chapman and other coaches in the area do things. I dont have any glasses on, I just tell it how it is. If PCC beats ER by 20+ then, hey, thats alright, I'll say I was wrong, but right now, I'm just not seeing it.

Here is my back up to that statement. Being that East Ridge lost their 2 best tailbacks and Quarterback which all 3 were the teams leaders in rushing yards. They also lost some lineman and they lose all of their 4 top scorers from last season. That sound like some decent back up to you? You tell it how East Ridge wants it not how it is. I can tell you this Pike Central coming back is better then some from the past that beat East Ridge by 20+. You can throw around all of the ban and/or forfeiting, but so far none of that has came true it's all just dust in the wind it's already blew by and over with. I really don't want to down the boys from East Ridge I've been in their shoes before just at Pike Central and I know how it is when no one has hope in them besides the ones on that team. I wish them luck and hope they can win some ball games up there.
cuppett777 Wrote:man, you guys going to be eating alot of hats,lol

I prefer it over crow any day of the week.

J-Rod Wrote:Jeez...you can't go anywhere without hearing people ramble on about this non-sense.

Seriously, can't we all get along?

Ah, you know me.
If these actions come down on PC they will still beat ER pretty bad.
WOW what a district.

I feel bad for the first place team in district 7 , they could possibly get a 7 win team in the first round.lol

Belfy
Lawrence
SC
PCC
East Ridge.
The Iceboxx Wrote:WOW what a district.

I feel bad for the first place team in district 7 , they could possibly get a 7 win team in the first round.lol

Belfy
Lawrence
SC
PCC
East Ridge.

I would bet anything that the number one seed out of district 7 will be Breathitt County. District 7 is way overmatched when you compare the two.
Doesnt Breathitt Return their QB (who is good) and their top RB and WR from last year's team?

I wouldn't poo poo Breathitt County any season, but especially not with their best three offensive weapons returning.
How do you guys think district 7 will end up?
indeed a tough district..but in my personal opinion, regardless of who wins the district,region and wins that side of the state bracket to get to Bowling Green to contend for the 3A state championship, they still will not defeat their potential opponent coming from the other side of the bracket in the title game, as history has shown. But who knows, thats why they play the game!