Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 73 Betsy Layne 69
rolltide Wrote:wow!
whats a game this must have been, wish i could have seen it.
upset? or not?

Not sure who Hobo is but 38 points against betsy lane proves hes a player

Hobo McCoy is the leading scorer in the state right now.....He's also leading the state in 3pt. fg.%. Hobo is an outstanding player who has unbelievable range!! However, he added to his game this year by bulking up and taking it to the hoop more...Last year he relied to much on his 3 pt. shot, but this year has really taken it in strong. But, Hobo also gets his teammates involved. He had 10 assists to go along with 38 points vs. Betsy Layne...
A great game and a great win for the Hawks!!:Clap:
tebow Wrote:B.L. was due for a loss. They were on a 14 game win streak. PC can be a very dangerous team. The Mccoy kid is a scorer, but he does shoot 50 shots a game.

Don't think so.....and even if he did, he's leading the state in 3 pt. fg%...Heck, I think I'd shoot it 50 times a game too with his %!!!:worthy:
100%SUCCESS Wrote:GREAT GAME PC! Hobo Mccoy reminds me, be aware I'm gonna say it, a lot of Elisha Justice (I see him being as good next year, just without the help that Elisha had) in the way he pulls up and creates shots for himself. Easily the best scorer in the region IMO. Tough loss for BL. However, much deserved. Bring em back down to reality. Don't want to go into the region tourny on a 22 game winning streak, just tough that it came at home.
GREAT GAME &
CONRATS PC
KEEP WORKING BL

Hobo McCoy is nowhere near or ever will be the caliber of player Elisha was/is
Congrats to the Martin kid from Betsy Layne, just realized he had 34 in the game. The regional tournament in the 15th is gonna be well worth your money this year. I'm thinking like most of you guys on here, it is wide open, just hanging there for the taking!
OffTheHook Wrote:This wasn't their first game after the All "A". They played Allen Central this past Monday night. The Region is going to be an all out war.

Oh, thank you! I really should have looked it up. But I just assumed. Thanks for the correction though. Yeah, the region is really a crapshoot this year.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alum09 Wrote:Hobo McCoy is nowhere near or ever will be the caliber of player Elisha was/is

:argue:well,i would have to say to you,PLEASE COME WATCH HIM! also,i think justice was/is a great player,however,he also in 4 years had the same coach and 4 players that helped him get to where he is at.AGAIN,GREAT FOR HIM!put him on a team that had 4 different coaches in 4 years with the help that HOBO MCCOY had had to deal with.........then we will compare them!!!! personally,IMO,hobo has had to make all of his accomplishments ON HIS OWN. this is the only year that he has had a coach thats auctually cares and he has team mates play hard and get involved.... KEEP IT UP HOBO!!!:Cheerlead
fan_favorite Wrote::argue:well,i would have to say to you,PLEASE COME WATCH HIM! also,i think justice was/is a great player,however,he also in 4 years had the same coach and 4 players that helped him get to where he is at.AGAIN,GREAT FOR HIM!put him on a team that had 4 different coaches in 4 years with the help that HOBO MCCOY had had to deal with.........then we will compare them!!!! personally,IMO,hobo has had to make all of his accomplishments ON HIS OWN. this is the only year that he has had a coach thats auctually cares and he has team mates play hard and get involved.... KEEP IT UP HOBO!!!:Cheerlead

I do think that these two players had/have completely different roles. For Justice, he was out there to make plays for others and make the others shine because of his ball handling and defense. Hobo is the only option for scoring thus means that EVERYTHING goes through him. It is simpily a matter of opinion which is more important.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to the Hawks. I got to watch the game on replay. Hobo is an awesome player. I don't think this was that big of an upset if it was at all. Hopefully the Bobcats can get it going again.
HoBo Who? This win didn't matter, the Bobcats are #1, they have NATHAN MARTIN
He can DUNK. averaging 1 per game.
Nathan Martin is a great basketball player, I agree.

But come on, give a little respect.
Tellme2 Wrote:He can DUNK. averaging 1 per game.

that doesnt matter? lol lots of players can dunk?