Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9th region wide open
This year is easily the most wide open that I can recall in the 9th Region. Many teams could come out of the 9th as there are not many teams that are consistently good. I think any of the following could win the 9th Region. CovCath, Holmes, Boone, Ryle, Conner, Holmes, CovCath, Dixie, NewCath, or Highlands(if Stewart keeps playing). That said, the winner is a double digit dog in the first round of the Sweet 16.
Wideleft01 Wrote:This year is easily the most wide open that I can recall in the 9th Region. Many teams could come out of the 9th as there are not many teams that are consistently good. I think any of the following could win the 9th Region. CovCath, Holmes, Boone, Ryle, Conner, Holmes, CovCath, Dixie, NewCath, or Highlands(if Stewart keeps playing). That said, the winner is a double digit dog in the first round of the Sweet 16.

you have holmes and covcath listed twice

there are 9 teams right now that have a shot at the regional title. Dixie is the favorite, but Holmes, Boone, and Ryle could beat them on any given night. Newcath is a pretty good team, but i think the teams i listed before have figured out how to beat them, and you don't know what CovCath, Holy Cross, Highlands, or Conner team will show up.

now if Tates Creek wins the 11th, then i also believe the 9th winner will be a one and done. but if not, il be optimistic
^ So you don't like Cov Cath as one of those than can win it all? What has happened to the team that beat Conner and Ryle, then only lost by four to Holmes. Have they lost players?
Stardust Wrote:^ So you don't like Cov Cath as one of those than can win it all? What has happened to the team that beat Conner and Ryle, then only lost by four to Holmes. Have they lost players?

i like CovCath's chances as much as i like Holy Cross's chances. they haven't lost players and they're a good team. but HC also beat Ryle, and beat CovCath head to head. Since they play in the 1st round of the district tournament, its hard to pick them as a favorite.
Wideleft01 Wrote:This year is easily the most wide open that I can recall in the 9th Region. Many teams could come out of the 9th as there are not many teams that are consistently good. I think any of the following could win the 9th Region. CovCath, Holmes, Boone, Ryle, Conner, Holmes, CovCath, Dixie, NewCath, or Highlands(if Stewart keeps playing). That said, the winner is a double digit dog in the first round of the Sweet 16.

I don't think Covington Catholic, Conner and Highlands can win the region. The rest are good candidates, but not these three.

Cov Cath, doesn't have the guard play

Conner, has played terrible all season and just doesn't have any leadership (even though they are a senior heavy team)

Highlands, Stewart is back, but he's not enough to beat the better teams in the 9th.