Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 2011
With Matt Robinson and all there skill players returning, and with a MONSTER schedule, how do you think the Dores will do?

I see them winning maybe 5 games, there schedule is just too tough.
^
Agreed 4-6 wins at best. I hope the Commodores prove me wrong.
They will bring a lot of athleticism and experience back at their skill positions, but losing 3 starting OL will hurt. Cody Hollon coming back to PCC will be a big help on the O-Line and on defense. I've not seen the official schedule yet, but it sounds much tougher than years past. If PCC can stay healthy and get some good breaks I think 7 wins is a possibility. One thing for sure is that they will have much more big game experience going into the playoffs (if they get there) than they have had in years past.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:One thing for sure is that they will have much more big game experience going into the playoffs (if they get there) than they have had in years past.

They have an automatic birth to the playoff's, only 4 team district.
I think they play rockcastle at Perry
Week 0 Prestonsburg H Teco Bowl
Week 1 Johnson Central A
Week 2 Knox @clay Appalachia Bowl
Week 3 Lawrence H
Week 4 Sheldon Clark A
Week 5 Rockcastle H
Week 6 Open
Week 7 Whitley H
Week 8 Letcher A
Week 9 Harlan A
Week 10 Somerset H

PCC has a tough road to go, but that is what it is going to take to win in the playoffs. If they can keep everyone healthy, they should have a great year with almost everyone back. They are all working hard right now in the weight room!
I don't even want to make an estimate with that schedule lol
King Leonidas Wrote:Week 0 Prestonsburg H Teco Bowl
Week 1 Johnson Central A
Week 3 Lawrence H
Week 4 Sheldon Clark A
Week 5 Rockcastle H
Week 6 Open
Week 7 Whitley H
Week 8 Letcher A
Week 9 Harlan A
Week 10 Somerset H

PCC has a tough road to go, but that is what it is going to take to win in the playoffs. If they can keep everyone healthy, they should have a great year with almost everyone back. They are all working hard right now in the weight room!

Wow!
I don't know if well win 3 games..
This schedule should have them more prepared for the playoffs. The key will be to stay healthy.
King Leonidas Wrote:Week 0 Prestonsburg H Teco Bowl
Week 1 Johnson Central A
Week 3 Lawrence H
Week 4 Sheldon Clark A
Week 5 Rockcastle H
Week 6 Open
Week 7 Whitley H
Week 8 Letcher A
Week 9 Harlan A
Week 10 Somerset H

Oh my. PCC best be getting ready for the smash mouth game. Cause that's what they are gonna get at least 8/10 games.
Nobody gonna accuse them of ducking anybody...Good Luck PCC.
Wow, Why would'nt Browne's schedule ever this brutal? If the Commodores escape with a .500 record it would be impressive.
Main thing with this schedule is to win district games. Non-district games mean nothing except to prepare you for district and playoffs and I feel this schedule is a good step to doing that.
Bluecat Wrote:Main thing with this schedule is to win district games. Non-district games mean nothing except to prepare you for district and playoffs and I feel this schedule is a good step to doing that.

Indeed
Bluecat Wrote:Main thing with this schedule is to win district games. Non-district games mean nothing except to prepare you for district and playoffs and I feel this schedule is a good step to doing that.

It's a big risk playing this tough of a schedule. Make or break type of deal. It works for Michigan State most years, but this year, it was too tough and there confidence is broken.
I say 4-6 with one district win. Not sure which one
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I say 4-6 with one district win. Not sure which one

Definitely Whitley! Big Grin jk.

Perry is capable of beating Whitley and Letcher but there also capable of Perry.
10-0:biggrin:
Benchwarmer Wrote:10-0:biggrin:

:biggrin:0-10-Knott.
Aslan Wrote:Definitely Whitley! Big Grin jk.

Perry is capable of beating Whitley and Letcher but there also capable of Perry.

Its possible lol.
Im gonna say the same thing for Whitley and there schedule.
You think your alls schedule is difficult, try whitleys lol.,
Boyle, Bell, Rock, and thats just a few.
I think the district is going to be down overall anyways.
king360 Wrote::biggrin:0-10-Knott.

Stay on topic. This is not a Knott County thread.
Aslan Wrote:How many years has it been since Knott Co won a game? :lmao:

Yesterday. KCC lady patriots beat JBS.
Tremendous schedule. Will be tough but will lead to much improvement. I predict 5-5 with a team nobody wants to play in the playoffs.
king360 Wrote:With Matt Robinson and all there skill players returning, and with a MONSTER schedule, how do you think the Dores will do?

I see them winning maybe 5 games, there schedule is just too tough.

What does there schedule look like this year.
Your schedule looks way tougher than LCC's. Good luck!!
Could be a long season for the Dores. May not have enough to play come playoff time.
Perry Central an Coach Haddix must be looking toward the Playoffs and not playing a soft schedule like PCC has the past couple of years. I have heard they are working hard in the weight room and kids have shown good improvements. Look for them to be much improved in the 2nd year in Haddix system on offense and defense.