Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Dawson to USC
Congrats to the kid! If that is his dream school...more power to him. As a fan...hate it for UK and I'm sure the Boyle Co. people would have liked to had him wearing blue next year and close to home. Hope he does well in college and doesn't get untracked with the big time. Good luck kid!
Wow there sure is a lot of opions about Lamar and the future he chose. My son and Lamar have both played againist one another as Bulldogs and Warriors. They have also played together for two state champoinships. For those of you who think he can't play on the big stage (USC) please keep your negative opions to yourself. Evidently someone who knows more and gets paid a lot more to evaluate talent thinks he can. Now to Lamar thank you young man. Watching you play from being a Warrior to a 30-0 4A State Champion has been a true pleasure. I for one will swell with even more Rebel pride when they introduce the Defense for USC and the announcer says. Linebacker Lamar Dawson from Junction City Ky.
Dawson was a 3 star guy. Kiffin probably saw TN on his list and went after him!
goscots56 Wrote:Dawson was a 3 star guy. Kiffin probably saw TN on his list and went after him!

He was a 4 star prospect and I would Kiffin could care less about UT at this point. He came from LA to Danville and signed a "blue chipper". UK did not work hard enough get over it. The kid is getting to play in one of the most storied FOOTBALL programs in the country. I bet USC is not talking about building a basketball arena before a football recruiting structure. UK doesnt have anything to compete with against the elite programs.
French For President Wrote:Wow there sure is a lot of opions about Lamar and the future he chose. My son and Lamar have both played againist one another as Bulldogs and Warriors. They have also played together for two state champoinships. For those of you who think he can't play on the big stage (USC) please keep your negative opions to yourself. Evidently someone who knows more and gets paid a lot more to evaluate talent thinks he can. Now to Lamar thank you young man. Watching you play from being a Warrior to a 30-0 4A State Champion has been a true pleasure. I for one will swell with even more Rebel pride when they introduce the Defense for USC and the announcer says. Linebacker Lamar Dawson from Junction City Ky.

Very well said all negative about the young man should be keep to yourself. That's why i can't stand most UK fans. Just because the young man didn't pick UK now everyone is wishing him and talking down about his skills. This kid is one of the most talented kids to every come from the state of KY
I really hate to see Lamar go so far away to play. The people who have followed him these last 4 years will never get to see him play unless it's in the championship game.
rick2517 Wrote:I really hate to see Lamar go so far away to play. The people who have followed him these last 4 years will never get to see him play unless it's in the championship game.

USC is on television as much as any team in the Nation
Pigskinman53 Wrote:USC is on television as much as any team in the Nation

On verses @ 10pm, and there is no arguing that they are on TV more than an SEC school???

They might be on alot.....but they are not on televisions in KY more than any other SEC school.
:Thumbs: Well said. For a program like USC, in their situation, to come after him says so much for this KY athlete. He will do great there.
goscots56 Wrote:On verses @ 10pm, and there is no arguing that they are on TV more than an SEC school???

They might be on alot.....but they are not on televisions in KY more than any other SEC school.

He'll be on my tv and a whole lot of tvs in Boyle County even if I have to pay extra but I have never had any problems watching USC before. Funny thing, even in Ky not every UK game is televised or broadcast live on the radio. We may get to see him more on tv now that he is at USC. How ironic.
RebelPride12 Wrote:He'll be on my tv and a whole lot of tvs in Boyle County even if I have to pay extra but I have never had any problems watching USC before. Funny thing, even in Ky not every UK game is televised or broadcast live on the radio. We may get to see him more on tv now that he is at USC. How ironic.

So you are paying extra for everyone in Boyle County?
RebelPride12 Wrote:He'll be on my tv and a whole lot of tvs in Boyle County even if I have to pay extra but I have never had any problems watching USC before. Funny thing, even in Ky not every UK game is televised or broadcast live on the radio. We may get to see him more on tv now that he is at USC. How ironic.

Its been a while since I've lived in KY. I live in NC now and there was only ONE Tennessee game that was not televised live on TWC, but all it takes is an ESPN game plan and you're guaranteed all of them.
Well Benchwarmer keep that sit on the bench warm and you opinions to yourself. I for one will be watching Lamar playing in Sunny LA at one of the very best schools for one of the very best defensive coaches on the planet.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Well Benchwarmer keep that sit on the bench warm and you opinions to yourself. I for one will be watching Lamar playing in Sunny LA at one of the very best schools for one of the very best defensive coaches on the planet.
:dontthink Will not happen.
What was USC record last year and the name of the bowl they played in?
Man, tough loss for the Cats...Congrats Lamar.
I thought USC was limited to 15 recruits this year? They have 30.
MVP2 Wrote:Man, tough loss for the Cats...Congrats Lamar.

I concur.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I thought USC was limited to 15 recruits this year? They have 30.

Maybe some are walk-ons until they can give them scholarships?
Benchwarmer Wrote:So you are paying extra for everyone in Boyle County?

My bad. How is this?

I would imagine that all of USC's games will be broadcast on a lot of televisions throughout Boyle County. He will be on my television even if I have to pay extra. My fault, Mrs. Padilla.
RebelPride12 Wrote:My bad. How is this?

I would imagine that all of USC's games will be broadcast on a lot of televisions throughout Boyle County. He will be on my television even if I have to pay extra. My fault, Mrs. Padilla.

?

As far as the rest I could care less.
Benchwarmer Wrote:?

As far as the rest I could care less.

Oh. I thought you were my English teacher trying to correct my poorly written sentence.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I thought USC was limited to 15 recruits this year? They have 30.

USC loses 30 scholarships over 3 years(2011,2012,2013).
kentuckynole Wrote:Lane Kiffin or Joker Phillips
Monte Kiffin or Rick Minter
Joe Barry or Chuck Smith
Warm Weather vs. Cold Weather

I am sure Boyle County fans made sure he picked USC. I am a UK season ticket holder but also a realist. If that was my child with that kind of talent he wouldn't be playing at UK either.
Next 4 or 5 years most games he will ever win at UK 6 or 7 games. At USC more than likely have a couple of 10 win seasons plus a chance to play for one of the best defensive coordinators in the game.

You take the word out of my mouth. If i have a child with that much talent, i wouldn't want him to pick UK. UK would be his last college, unless he play basketball. Then i would want UK to be his first pick. Monte Kiffin is the best defensive minds in the game. Dawson will learn alot from him.
RebelPride12 Wrote:USC loses 30 scholarships over 3 years(2011,2012,2013).

I just dont understand. All schools are allowed 25 players per year. USC is allowed 15 and they sign 30. I guess punishing USC just does not happen.
Benchwarmer Wrote::dontthink Will not happen.
What was USC record last year and the name of the bowl they played in?

They were 8-5 and banned from bowl competition in 2010 and in 2011. After 2011 they can play in bowls and for a BCS title/BCS bowl game again.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I just dont understand. All schools are allowed 25 players per year. USC is allowed 15 and they sign 30. I guess punishing USC just does not happen.

Never heard that before. I always thought if a school had the scholarships available they could fill them. Obviously it isn't an issue because USC's 30 recruit haul is still being gushed over as a top 5 class.
Maybe they don't have to lose 10 per year just 30 by 2013. If that is the case then I would think Lamar is pretty close to guaranteed playing time.
RebelPride12 Wrote:They were 8-5 and banned from bowl competition in 2010 and in 2011. After 2011 they can play in bowls and for a BCS title/BCS bowl game again.

Thank you Rebel
I can assure you this benchwarmer in 4 years before Lamar leaves USC will be playing in a BCS bowl and well UK will be well UK, struggling to make it to the Banjo bowl or getting beat down by a team that doesn't even have a head coach.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Never heard that before. I always thought if a school had the scholarships available they could fill them. Obviously it isn't an issue because USC's 30 recruit haul is still being gushed over as a top 5 class.

Here you go.
http://www.ehow.com/way_5270059_ncaa-foo...lines.html
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Thank you Rebel
I can assure you this benchwarmer in 4 years before Lamar leaves USC will be playing in a BCS bowl and well UK will be well UK, struggling to make it to the Banjo bowl or getting beat down by a team that doesn't even have a head coach.

Could USC be in some trouble?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/58956...c-football