Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarterback Ryan Mossakowski Leaving Kentucky
27 Sportsfirst has confirmed with Ryan Mossakowski and his father, Dan, that the quarterback will transfer from Kentucky. Some of our sources have told us that he will transfer to a JUCO school in Texas, but Dan Mossakowksi says no destination has been decided on at this time.

According to Ryan's father, " Ryan chose Kentucky because the program was on the rise and he wanted to be part it, so he could make a difference, but after two years at Kentucky it became evident he wasn't going to get that opporuntity at Kentucky,"

Ryan went on to tell 27 sportsfirst, " that he is grateful for the opporunity to play at Kentucky and at the end of the day you have to do what's best for you, talk to close friends and family, felt like i needed to get out on the field and play, felt like going to another school gave me the best opportunity, coaches said QB job was still open, but when it comes down to it, best decision to leave."

Mossakowski came out of Centiannial High School in Frisco, Texas as a highschool all-american, but he underwent should surgery his senior year and redshirted his freshman season at Kentucky to re-hab the injury.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/114969129.html
Cant say i blame him. If he does play it wont be until his senior year because its obvious joker is in a love fest with newton.
Kinda sucks though, i would have liked to have seen what he could have done in a game.
This is exactly what I was afraid of, and this is going to end up being a huge, HUGE loss. Best of luck to Moss.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Cant say i blame him. If he does play it wont be until his senior year because its obvious joker is in a love fest with newton.
Kinda sucks though, i would have liked to have seen what he could have done in a game.
Could u explain this reasoning?

TidesHoss32 Wrote:This is exactly what I was afraid of, and this is going to end up being a huge, HUGE loss. Best of luck to Moss.

Ive never seen the kid play, practice, throw, is he any good?
I'm actaully shocked by this. I thought Moss would acutally beat out Newton this spring and be our starter next year. He has a very strong arm. Last year in warm ups I would just watch Moss warm up and he has a big arm. I wish we could have seen what he could do on the playing field. I agree with Hoss, I think this could be a huge loss for the Cats.
Welp there went any chance we had at a passing game in the near future.
I honestly am not sure if Moss or Newton will be the starter next year. Everything I have seen about Max Smith's workouts during bowl practice makes me think he is going to push who ever is there for the starting nod next year. He makes quick decisions with the ball and is very accurate with good whip to the ball. His release is quick and he looks very mature for a true freshman.
This isn't good. I thought he would end up being the starter.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Could u explain this reasoning?

Ive never seen the kid play, practice, throw, is he any good?

The reasoning is i dont blame the kid for leaving uk, especially if hes not going to start.UK will probably be last in the sec east except for vandy for the next 2 or 3 years and why would a guy who may or may not be as good or better than newton ride the bench.
He came to start. He was honestly never given a chance. I was hoping they were going to start him against pitt, but we let newton take over, who has a lot of maturing to do.
IMO Joker is just another Rich Brooks. He will win a few games and get an upset or two ever year, but id bet money UK finishes 6-6 or 7-5 over the next few years and barely making it to the bowl games. By then, every UK fan will be calling for jokers head and it will be the same process over and over again. UK needs to step up the football program if the want to compete and letting go a high school all american QB to transfer because they wouldnt play him is ridiculous. Thety could have easily made Newton a Cobb type of player next year and tried moss out atleast for a few games because we wont have anything on the line anyways.
Im sure theres some who will disagree and go on about how uk is gonna be good or jokers gonna turn it around and thats fine, but trust me, UK will go 7-5 at best next year, im gonna guess 4-8 and no bowl game.
Sad to see this kid go because were to afraid to take chances.
Kentucky should of picked up the mad scientist Mike Leach from Texas Tech when they let him go, but one more thing I miss Andre Woodson. Say what you want but he was a dandy of a QB for about a year or 2.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:This is exactly what I was afraid of, and this is going to end up being a huge, HUGE loss. Best of luck to Moss.

I agree Hoss! This kid was NEVER given a chance. We will hear from and see this kid again. Good Luck Moss where ever you go!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I don't blame him...
If I had his talent I wouldn't want to wait to be the starter at UK when you could be the man somewhere else.

It definitely sucks for UK fans, though
OffTheHook Wrote:I agree Hoss! This kid was NEVER given a chance. We will hear from and see this kid again. Good Luck Moss where ever you go!
Obviously the coaching staff didn't think he was ready. They see more than we ever will.
UK staff must not have envisioned him ever making an impact or they would have done more to make him feel that way. Best of luck to him whereever he ends up.
I thought he would be the starter next year. But I hear that he is not very accurate after the surgery so maybe that is it?
I guess the job is Newtons now
Anyone know where he is going to?
Bye
UK doesn't need a big arm QB. All they need is someone to throw a 2 yard pass on third and 7.