Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 77 vs Whitley Co 59
clay was in total control entire game.
Clay has shown much improvement on the court this week.:Clap:
Congrats Clay, Good Region Win. Where was this game played?
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Clay, Good Region Win. Where was this game played?

It was played at Clay.
I wasnt able to attend and havent heard anything this week. Did Harris for Whitley play? He had been out.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It was played at Clay.
I wasnt able to attend and havent heard anything this week. Did Harris for Whitley play? He had been out.
If he was injured, then yes. Whiltey didn't have anybody in street clothes. I'm very impressed with Akins, but Whitley just isn't where they need to be defensively. Clay looked very good tonight. This one was never in doubt. It is a very good win over a very good team. Clay battled foul trouble the entire game.
AKINS HAD 33! WOW! I didn't realize he had that many. The kid is a talent. He got to the line a lot tonight. The kid can play. Harris did play. The box score says he scored 6. The 50th district tournament is going to be wild!
1/29/2011
Clay Co. 77
Whitley Co. 59
Whitley Co. 12 9 14 25 59
Clay Co. 20 12 23 22 77
Whitley Co. (12-7) -- Akins 33, Goins 13, Harris 6, Do. Butcher 2, Da. Butcher 2, Lawson 2, Paul 1.
Clay Co. (13-6) -- Mitchell 20, Roberts 16, McGeorge 14, Whitaker 10, Gay 6, Booker 5, Wagers 3, Horton 3.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1CWbnYJwj
Hit and Run Wrote:AKINS HAD 33! WOW! I didn't realize he had that many. The kid is a talent. He got to the line a lot tonight. The kid can play. Harris did play. The box score says he scored 6. The 50th district tournament is going to be wild!

Akins may be the best point guard in the region. es looked good since he was in the grade. From what i hear, Harris is still trying to get back to where he needs to be and back to playing and back to the kid who beat up on Perrys big boys and beat them.
I also cant wait for district, I would assume Corbin will get Wburg in the first round and Whitley will get South. I think its at South though:HitWall:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Akins may be the best point guard in the region. es looked good since he was in the grade. From what i hear, Harris is still trying to get back to where he needs to be and back to playing and back to the kid who beat up on Perrys big boys and beat them.
I also cant wait for district, I would assume Corbin will get Wburg in the first round and Whitley will get South. I think its at South though:HitWall:

It is :HitWall::igiveup:
the dark wizard Wrote:It is :HitWall::igiveup:

Whitley did go to South and beat them there and beat them at home as well, but they were by no means blowouts. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see South knock off Whitley in the district.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley did go to South and beat them there and beat them at home as well, but they were by no means blowouts. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see South knock off Whitley in the district.

It is hard to beat a team twice on their home court, its hard to beat a team 3 out of 3 times in a year. But I see whitley overcoming it in the tourny baring no injuires or set backs between now and then.