Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montgomery County 2011
What Do The Indians Need To Do To Improve From Last Year's 6-5 Season that made it to the playoffs?

Aug. 19, 11 @ Rowan County 7:30 pm
Aug. 26, 11 Mason County 7:30 pm - Recreational Bowl
Sep. 2, 11 @ George Rogers Clark 7:30 pm
Sep. 9, 11 Letcher County Central 7:30 pm
Sep. 16, 11 OPEN
Sep. 23, 11 @ Anderson County 7:30 pm
Sep. 30, 11 West Jessamine 7:30 pm
Oct. 7, 11 @ East Jesamine 7:30 pm
Oct. 14, 11 Woodford County 7:30 pm
Oct. 21, 11 @ Franklin County 7:30 pm
Oct. 28, 11 Rockcastle County 7:30 pm
Not the easiest of schedules. What do the Indians have coming back. dp
What does Montgomery county have returning
I think they will be ok.
wr #9 lance lockridge might be the fastest player in the state. he will be a jr in 2011 and look for him to have an all state type year. lb/rbs preston and moala are beasts things look up for the indians
hardworktoday Wrote:wr #9 lance lockridge might be the fastest player in the state. he will be a jr in 2011 and look for him to have an all state type year. lb/rbs preston and moala are beasts things look up for the indians

From what I know and talking to around the program, the Indians are going to have a rough go of it next year. The schedule they have may very well send them to their bye week at 0-4. The district is what really matters but starting any season 0-4 is not good. Looking at the district schedule, it isn't going to get any easier from their. I know they have some good player returning, I just don't think it will be enough to get them thru. I think they are looking at a 3 or 4 win season at best. They have as nice a stadium as any around, they just don't have the program yet to go with it. Mt. Sterling is a basketball town, and it is very hard to have big programs in both sports.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:From what I know and talking to around the program, the Indians are going to have a rough go of it next year. The schedule they have may very well send them to their bye week at 0-4. The district is what really matters but starting any season 0-4 is not good. Looking at the district schedule, it isn't going to get any easier from their. I know they have some good player returning, I just don't think it will be enough to get them thru. I think they are looking at a 3 or 4 win season at best. They have as nice a stadium as any around, they just don't have the program yet to go with it. Mt. Sterling is a basketball town, and it is very hard to have big programs in both sports.

Basketball town? What makes people think that? Just because you have a nice to play games doesnt make you good. Basketball, hasnt been to the state tournament in years. Football, will be fine with the new distrct alignment. I see 6 or 7 wins next year.
Mt. Sterling USED to be a football town. And it may again be a football town in the future. But to say it currently is a football town is a bit of an overstatement. It is accurate to say: they have an organized and energetic coach, excellent facilities and great community support. But at some point, you have to start putting up the Dubyas.
who is the toughest team on thier schedule next year?
From what I am hearing from the people in Rowan. That game will be big.
There will be alot of people in attendence
Hear they are making noise in Mt. Sterling about potentially having their best team in several years.
MT Sterling as a basketball town? I dont think so and have lived here for 35 years as for the football team they will be just fine. They have some size speed and athletes. The big problem is numbers but that could be said for alot of teams in Ky.:popcorn:
CBW57 Wrote:MT Sterling as a basketball town? I dont think so and have lived here for 35 years as for the football team they will be just fine. They have some size speed and athletes. The big problem is numbers but that could be said for alot of teams in Ky.:popcorn:

OK. Basketball town may have been a stretch but that was during basketball season. But I was told in the last week by a youth coach that is very close to the program that it is a train wreck. With the facility MoCo has with a million dollar (plus) stadium, numbers should NEVER be an issue. And the surrounding counties that I do follow very closely (Bath, Rowan, EKC teams
are having huge numbers out playing this year. To play 5A ball, Montgomery needs to have 80+ out every year. They used to have that many playing middle school ball. But they are not able to transition them up to the high school level. It could be the coaching staff, politics (not the right name to get playing time), or some other factor pulling or pushing the kids away from football in Mt. Sterling.
I think it is hard to say what drives kids away from football could be they grew faster at younger age and was dominant but have slowed down on the growth and other kids have caught up or passed them. The discipline and physical nature on the varsity level always gets some and some quit for jobs,girls or other sports. The kids have so many things out there today its really hard to say, as far as politics what a kids feels as a slight toward them and what really is the problem is a matter of personal precption. I have coached in Montgomery Co for about twenty years in various sports and on youth to high school level and would love to see us have 80 kids but the kids have some responsibility as do the coachs,parents and the community. :biggrin:
As I have said before - this program should have 80+ out every year. It has strong local tradition. It has excellent community support. It has great facilities. It has a pool of talent. All the necessary components are there to win. There are programs out there which would pay any price to have the building blocks Montgomery County has in place.