Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay Co. 52 Bell Co. 50
This game was held at Clay. Anyone have any details?
Bell County loses by 2 in Manchester.
This will probably put them at 30 in the WYMT mountain rankings.
zaga_fan Wrote:Bell County loses by 2 in Manchester.
This will probably put them at 30 in the WYMT mountain rankings.

Yea I hear ya. Pre-season #1. Lose to Hazard and Harlan Ind. w/o best 2 players and fall out of the top 10. Someone at WYMT is really doing their homework. Glad to see some polls actually have some validity.
Bell shot the ball very well. The best I had seen them shoot all year. Mitchell turned his ankle 3 minutes in and had already scored 6 points. He played the rest of the way, but was well below 100%. Clay played good, but they miss a true guard. Hooker is good, but he's not a legit PG. Definitely the best 2 in the region.
Hit and Run Wrote:Bell shot the ball very well. The best I had seen them shoot all year. Mitchell turned his ankle 3 minutes in and had already scored 6 points. He played the rest of the way, but was well below 100%. Clay played good, but they miss a true guard. Hooker is good, but he's not a legit PG. Definitely the best 2 in the region.

Thanks I was wondering. Our Newspaper down here just covers Tn. :HitWall:

Was the game close the entire way? Bell has some good shooters with Lee, Thacker, Patterson and Hilton/Madon are shooting better from 3pt I have been told..
Hit and Run Wrote:Bell shot the ball very well. The best I had seen them shoot all year. Mitchell turned his ankle 3 minutes in and had already scored 6 points. He played the rest of the way, but was well below 100%. Clay played good, but they miss a true guard. Hooker is good, but he's not a legit PG. Definitely the best 2 in the region.

Hooker is too good of a ballhandler and too bad of a 3 pt shooter to be a 2 guard IMO
Heard Bell was up by 6 with about 3 or 4 min. to go in the game but had a couple of bad possessions.
good game at clay.It was close the entire game.Bell had a 4 point lead at one time but clay made some big plays.Bell missed a wide open 3 with 5 seconds to go that would have put them ahead.Two very good teams that could end up in the region finals.
Clay and Bell were tied with 25 points at the half. Good job Tigers!
It was close throughout. Clay played good down the stretch. Missed some late FT's to ice it though. I agree Hooker doesn't shoot it well at the 2 spot, but he attacks much better off the wing than he does form the top. You could run more stuff for him from the 2 spot than at the point.
Grats CC