Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeffersontown in Trouble With The KHSAA
As a result of the criticism of officials, the following penalties have been assessed:

The boys’ basketball program at Jeffersontown has been fined $1,500;
Morrow loses NFHS defined coaching box rules for three contests and is confined to the team’s bench;
He must appear and make a public apology at the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Kentuckiana Basketball Officials;
Morrow also must make separate public presentations at in service professional development sessions to Jefferson County coaches, athletic administrators and principals on the subject of negative media relations and improper or inappropriate use of social networking;
He will also appear as a presenter at the 2011 HYPE Student Leadership Conference and discuss the subject of dealing with the consequences of taking action without first regaining composure during stressful times.
Good Lord.

Did he kill someone?
wow thats a bit ridiculous. I understand the fine and all but making him apologize at an officials meeting is retarded as well as going to the other thing.
Sounds like theres some refs out there that forgot to put there huggies on for this one.
I can see why he was so mad. WAVE 3's replay showed that Bullitt East scored a second after the buzzer. There should have been an overtime but replay is not allowed in high school.
LOL, what on earth did he do?
The coach said some stuff on twitter about the refs and mentioned names.
That's a specific violation.
the penalty seems a little harsh.did the refs get any discipline for their mistake
Probably not!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
zaga_fan Wrote:The coach said some stuff on twitter about the refs and mentioned names.
That's a specific violation.

Wow, then that is STUPID on behalf of a coach! Our school would do more than than for publicly embarrassing the program! And I get ticked off everytime I hear people blame refs for blown games. No wonder when you have coaches that do stuff like this! This is unprofessional and the penalty is well deserved. Coaches do not have to agree with officials and umpires and they have a formal process of complaining about them. To the point where you can cross officials off your schedule.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, then that is STUPID on behalf of a coach! Our school would do more than than for publicly embarrassing the program! And I get ticked off everytime I hear people blame refs for blown games. No wonder when you have coaches that do stuff like this! This is unprofessional and the penalty is well deserved. Coaches do not have to agree with officials and umpires and they have a formal process of complaining about them. To the point where you can cross officials off your schedule.

Agreed.
If you think someone's out to get you...
rate them bad or scratch them.
That fact that he did this on Twitter is ridiculous IMO
Who does he think he is?
Chad Ochocinco? lol