Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leading Scorers 15th region
1. Hobo McCoy- 30.3- Wow is all you can say, leads the whole state in scoring. Lets just say when Hobo comes across half court, he can and will make the shot.

2.Camron Justice-21.7- Cameron has become a huge threat. Very capable of taking over the game for ER. Lets see how they do when someone stops Justice.

3. Nathan Martin- 20.3- Nathans long length and ability to go down low or take you outside and pull up, is a very hard match up for anyone. Its no surprise BL is a contender with Nathan on the floor.

4. Wade Skaggs- 19.0 - Wade is starting to hit stride at his new school. If Wade sets and has an open look you can count it. Running this team should be his his #1 goal. If JC is to win come tourny time, Wade will have to lead his team from the PG position and have his team clicking on all cylinders.

5. Wes Rowe 15.8- Wes is playing like their is no tomorrow. Wes is a huge reason why this team is so hot and leading the 15th region in wins. Can Pikeville keep the pace till the end, or are they peaking early?
Josh Green, from Paintsville is averaging 16.8 ppg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Sorry Paintville didnt post stats on the KHSAA. Thanks See below!

1. Hobo McCoy- 30.3- Wow is all you can say, leads the whole state in scoring. Lets just say when Hobo comes across half court, he can and will make the shot.

2.Camron Justice-21.7- Cameron has become a huge threat. Very capable of taking over the game for ER. Lets see how they do when someone stops Justice.

3. Nathan Martin- 20.3- Nathans long length and ability to go down low or take you outside and pull up, is a very hard match up for anyone. Its no surprise BL is a contender with Nathan on the floor.

4. Wade Skaggs- 19.0 - Wade is starting to hit stride at his new school. If Wade sets and has an open look you can count it. Running this team should be his his #1 goal. If JC is to win come tourny time, Wade will have to lead his team from the PG position and have his team clicking on all cylinders.

5. Josh Green- 16.8 Great post player and comes to play every night. Goes after every ball!! Paintsville is a surprise to the 15th but very capable of beating anyone on a given night. Could they be the best team in Johnson Co?

6. Wes Rowe 15.8- Wes is playing like their is no tomorrow. Wes is a huge reason why this team is so hot and leading the 15th region in wins. Can Pikeville keep the pace till the end, or are they peaking early?
No biggie! Just was giving you info. I wish khsaa would come up with a program of some sort and supply it to all the schools, that way they could all post stats and all would be done with that same program. Would make things much easier.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Saw on sportsovertime that a freshman at Pike Central was averging 18 points a game.
Belfry doesn't have one big scorer but you have Varney (13 ppg), Strother (12 ppg), Bentley (12 ppg), Runyon (9 ppg), Pinson (9 ppg), and Messer (8 ppg).

I think I like it like that. Wouldn't mind to see all these guys add 2 to 4 ppg to their average, I think that's realistic.
Nathan Martin is the best player in the region this season. From what I have seen.
Shannon Turner was avg.. 17 a game on Jan 3, and I know he's had some big games since then. Dakota Hall was avg 15.4 on that date, and he's also had big games since! I think Turner is avg close to 19 and Hall 18 now, would b my guess!
Trevor Tiller is also averaging 14 ppg at Paintsville.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Trevor Tiller is a great overall player.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Nathan Martin is the best player in the region this season. From what I have seen.

You must not have seen Hobo McCoy yet.
Hobo McCoy is the best offensive player in the region but Nathan Martin is the best overall player in that I have seen!
South Floyd, as of today.

Dakota Hall 17.9PPG

Shannon Turner 15.1PPG
westwood1 Wrote:Shannon Turner was avg.. 17 a game on Jan 3, and I know he's had some big games since then. Dakota Hall was avg 15.4 on that date, and he's also had big games since! I think Turner is avg close to 19 and Hall 18 now, would b my guess!

Hall- 17.9

Turner- 15.1
TSSI Wrote:Sorry Paintville didnt post stats on the KHSAA. Thanks See below!

5. Josh Green- 16.8 Great post player and comes to play every night. Goes after every ball!! Paintsville is a surprise to the 15th but very capable of beating anyone on a given night. Could they be the best team in Johnson Co?

6. Wes Rowe 15.8- Wes is playing like their is no tomorrow. Wes is a huge reason why this team is so hot and leading the 15th region in wins. Can Pikeville keep the pace till the end, or are they peaking early?

According to KHSAA.org

Skaggs is avg. 18.6ppg
i know, right? Wrote:Hobo McCoy is the best offensive player in the region but Nathan Martin is the best overall player in that I have seen!

No doubt Nathan is a top player. But, best overall?

Martin shoots 54.9% from the FT line (45/82).

Also averages 4.9 Rebounds per game.

Pikeville and Paintsville held him to 7 and 10 also. Everyone has bad games for sure. But that was 2 of BL's 3 games in the ALL A.

Honestly I think you could put alot of players in that BL system and get about the same production. 90% of the plays are for Martin, other 10% for Adkins. Nothing against Martin, great player, just better coaching from JR. Newsome. Getting the ball in his best players' hands as much as possible.

I'd say Adkins deserves more credit. He done great in the ALL A and had 22 on SF.
Amazingly Smooth Wrote:No doubt Nathan is a top player. But, best overall?

Martin shoots 54.9% from the FT line (45/82).

Also averages 4.9 Rebounds per game.

Pikeville and Paintsville held him to 7 and 10 also. Everyone has bad games for sure. But that was 2 of BL's 3 games in the ALL A.

Honestly I think you could put alot of players in that BL system and get about the same production. 90% of the plays are for Martin, other 10% for Adkins. Nothing against Martin, great player, just better coaching from JR. Newsome. Getting the ball in his best players' hands as much as possible.

I'd say Adkins deserves more credit. He done great in the ALL A and had 22 on SF.

[COLOR="Blue"]My question is who else in the 15th has those numbers?

21 pts. per game
5 rebs.
4 or 5 assists (most likely)
1 or 2 blocks

There is no doubt that Casey has played great also and really stepped up along with Derrick Tackett, Dylan Maldenado, Andrew Roberts, Dylan Hamilton and also Tyler Reznick. And until someone can stop these other guys they will continue to put Nathan in the corner and let the others play 4 on 4. And yes, Coach JR Newsome is a very very good coach, if not the best in region.[/COLOR]
scbmike1 Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]My question is who else in the 15th has those numbers?

21 pts. per game
5 rebs.
4 or 5 assists (most likely)
1 or 2 blocks

There is no doubt that Casey has played great also and really stepped up along with Derrick Tackett, Dylan Maldenado, Andrew Roberts, Dylan Hamilton and also Tyler Reznick. And until someone can stop these other guys they will continue to put Nathan in the corner and let the others play 4 on 4. And yes, Coach JR Newsome is a very very good coach, if not the best in region.[/COLOR]

Who else in the Region has all their plays and everything go through them?

Hobo McCoy avgs. around 30 a game and 6 or more assists. While Meade from PCC avgs. 18.

No doubt, Nathan has good numbers. But, there is other players that do also. Adkins avgs. around 13 a game.

Hobo McCoy, Dakota Hall, Shannon Turner, Wade Skaggs, etc.

McCoy(PG)- 29PPG, 3RPG, 6APG or so.
Turner- 15PPG 10RPG, 2BPG.
Hall- 18PPG, 6RPG, 4APG, 3SPG.
Skaggs(PG)- 19PPG 4APG or more.

They all shoot around 70% or better from the FT line as we
Amazingly Smooth Wrote:Who else in the Region has all their plays and everything go through them?

Hobo McCoy avgs. around 30 a game and 6 or more assists. While Meade from PCC avgs. 18.

No doubt, Nathan has good numbers. But, there is other players that do also. Adkins avgs. around 13 a game.

Hobo McCoy, Dakota Hall, Shannon Turner, Wade Skaggs, etc.

McCoy(PG)- 29PPG, 3RPG, 6APG or so.
Turner- 15PPG 10RPG, 2BPG.
Hall- 18PPG, 6RPG, 4APG, 3SPG.
Skaggs(PG)- 19PPG 4APG or more.

They all shoot around 70% or better from the FT line as we

[COLOR="Blue"]All of these are players who u would want on your team for sure. But Nathan and Dakota Hall from SF are probably the only ones mentioned that do not touch the ball every possesion for there team.(Hobo runs point, as well as Skaggs, and the SF offense rotates around Turner)

No doubt Freethrows win games and must improve, for Nathan as well as team. Also there is zero doubt Casey's play has been a huge reason for BL's sucess. [/COLOR]
scbmike1 Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]All of these are players who u would want on your team for sure. But Nathan and Dakota Hall from SF are probably the only ones mentioned that do not touch the ball every possesion for there team.(Hobo runs point, as well as Skaggs, and the SF offense rotates around Turner)

No doubt Freethrows win games and must improve, for Nathan as well as team. Also there is zero doubt Casey's play has been a huge reason for BL's sucess. [/COLOR]

Excellent Point.
the post was leading scorers, not best all around.