Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jacob Russell Transfer's From EKU, will Walk On A UK (Football)
Quarterback Jacob Russell, one of the state's best high school players two seasons ago, has transferred from Eastern Kentucky to walk on at Kentucky, pursuing a dream to play at the highest level of college football.

Russell, a 6-foot-2, 225-pound freshman from Lawrenceburg, said last week that he's started classes at UK and talked to coach Joker Phillips about playing for the Wildcats. A scholarship player at EKU, Russell plans to begin practice this spring, then sit out next season under NCAA transfer rules.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1178985
I hope the best for him. His family must have plenty of money to turn down a scholarship and pay for school, just to play for UK. These major universities love walk-ons and they will let you get the devil beat out of yourself for nothing.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:I hope the best for him. His family must have plenty of money to turn down a scholarship and pay for school, just to play for UK. These major universities love walk-ons and they will let you get the devil beat out of yourself for nothing.
Big loss for EKU, IMHO. This kid was exactly the kind of recruit Roy Kidd loved, he was a WINNER. Lord knows we need that attitude back again. I loved how Roy would go into Florida and other southern states and always dig up diamonds in the rough like Elroy Harris, etc. and turn them into winners. Anyone on here remember the glory days of the 80's there?