Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 45 Clay Co. 40
Nice win for PCC as they get revenge. It was a great game like everyone expected. The biggest lead either way was 5. I think this is the class of the mountains this year, and they proved it tonight.
[SIZE="6"]It seems like everyone post scoring threads with different titles, which creates a mess on the board and makes it difficult to sort through
quickly to read scores.

When posting scores PLEASE simply title your thread per the example below:

Maytown 62 - Auxier 30

Also, please spell out the teams names.

[COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Red"]Example: JBS 55 - PCC 55

Correct Way: June Buchanan 55 - Perry Co. Central 55[/COLOR][/COLOR]

When creating a new thread regarding a prediction between two teams, make sure that you put the date in the title as well.

EX: Lakers @ Knicks 11/30

Also, make sure you spell teams names out. There are many other LC's, JC's, PCC's, etc. out there.

It's simple, fast and easy. Thank you.[/SIZE]

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=51119
Good win Perry Central, no shocking they dont lose many at home.
Any line scores or other statistics-maybe top scorers for each team-on this game?
Sounds like it was a good one.
Nice win. Grats PCC
Great win for PCC. Sounds like one heck of a game.
Great game to watch!
Congrats to the Dores on a big win and almost guaranteeing themselves the top spot in the Mountains Wink

Game recap is up HERE!
Here is the linescore.

1/18/2011
Perry Co. Central 45 Clay Co. 40
Clay Co. 7 11 12 10 40
Perry Co. Central 6 13 9 17 45
Clay Co. (12-5) -- Hooker 7, Roberts 6, McGeorge 9, Whitaker 3, Gay 9, Wagers 6.
Perry Co. Central (10-4) -- Sizemore 4, Combs 4, Huff 7, Beverly 9, Dalton Cornett 8, Dillion Cornett 13.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1BS3I96zJ
Seems like PCC is a really strong team for the region... What is next for them?
Did Mitchell play?
This doesn't surprise me at all. Perry County is a great team!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Not a surprise here, Perry didn't give this one away like they did the last time. The better team won.
bulldog149 Wrote:Here is the linescore.

1/18/2011
Perry Co. Central 45 Clay Co. 40
Clay Co. 7 11 12 10 40
Perry Co. Central 6 13 9 17 45
Clay Co. (12-5) -- Hooker 7, Roberts 6, McGeorge 9, Whitaker 3, Gay 9, Wagers 6.
Perry Co. Central (10-4) -- Sizemore 4, Combs 4, Huff 7, Beverly 9, Dalton Cornett 8, Dillion Cornett 13.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1BS3I96zJ

Wow. Clay didn't have anybody score in double digits and Perry only had one.
Mitchell played and did not score. Clay had the ball with 8 seconds left(trailing 43-40) after rebounding a PCC missed free throw but they threw the ball away.
Good win for the Commodores! We actually hit our Free Throws this game and came out on top.
Perry's Junk defense really held Clays best players in checks. Mitchell didnt even score and maybe only took 2 shots. He missed two free throws at the beginning of the game. They also held Roberts to only 6 points who had 25 against Hazard. Great game plan by the Dores. If they can finish out the week with a wins they should be rank #1 in the mountains.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Good win for the Commodores! We actually hit our Free Throws this game and came out on top.

In the final minutes they missed the front end of a 1 and 1 and went 1 for 2 twice maybe....
They shot better, but still a lot of room for improvement.

I come away from this game amazed at Braxton Beverly!
When he gets into the weight room and grows some more he is going to be nearly unstoppable.
Hatcher put the ball in his hands to end the game and he did really well handling the ball.
Perry Central gets to look forward for this kid for the rest of this year and 5 more!
I only missed by one point. Congrats PCC
Congrats to Perry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
zaga_fan Wrote:Great game to watch!
Congrats to the Dores on a big win and almost guaranteeing themselves the top spot in the Mountains Wink

Game recap is up HERE!

If you like to watch one team pass from one side of the court to the other, while the other team sits back in a 2-3 zone. I tried watching on Wazoo but it was very boring for T.V. May have been better in person but I doubt it.
Clay struggled mightily from the line. I would love to see a rubber match in March!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:If you like to watch one team pass from one side of the court to the other, while the other team sits back in a 2-3 zone. I tried watching on Wazoo but it was very boring for T.V. May have been better in person but I doubt it.

Well it was a tight game from start to finish and that is what I want to see in a basketball game.
I'm a fan of the sport and I don't have to see a lot of scoring for it to keep my attention.
I thought the game was very exciting in the fourth when Trevor Combs hit the go ahead three and watching Hatcher put the ball in a 7th graders hands to ice the game.
Then seeing Hooker come up the court and drill a 3-ball with a 6'6" player's hand right in his face to extend the game.

Sorry you didn't see it the same way Wink
It must have been a great effort by Perry. I can't believe they held Mitchell scoreless.
I think that the 14th is Perry's to lose. They have the size and talent to winit. Also playing Hatcher ball will keep them in every ball game and give them a chance to win.Hazard just can't seem to get it together and Knott is having a hard time handling pressure without Davis. Watch out for the"HORN" come March though! Although the 14th is down this year it should be an exciting time during district and regional tournaments.
If Perry Central can make it to Rupp this year, they would be a difficult match for any team. I would not want to draw the 14th region if it was Perry Central because the style they play.
SLHSCard Wrote:It must have been a great effort by Perry. I can't believe they held Mitchell scoreless.

Wasn't some people making an arguement that he is the best player in the mnts? IMO Hooker is the best player on Clay's team. He makes that team 'go' and he does a lot of things that don't show up in the stats.
^ Apparently Mitchell makes them go. He doesn't score and they lose. He scores and they win. It's simple. From what I seen on wazoo last night clay kind of just decided to play 4 on 4. They didn't run much to get him the ball. Good game plan by PCC and I was disappointed with how Clay's game was planned out. I felt they should have been more aggressive, but it was a great game between 2 good teams.
Aslan Wrote:Wasn't some people making an arguement that he is the best player in the mnts? IMO Hooker is the best player on Clay's team. He makes that team 'go' and he does a lot of things that don't show up in the stats.

That 3 he hit in Dalton's eye was sick lol
Hit and Run Wrote:^ Apparently Mitchell makes them go. He doesn't score and they lose. He scores and they win. It's simple. From what I seen on wazoo last night clay kind of just decided to play 4 on 4. They didn't run much to get him the ball. Good game plan by PCC and I was disappointed with how Clay's game was planned out. I felt they should have been more aggressive, but it was a great game between 2 good teams.

Clay was in this game despite Mitchell not scoring. If it weren't for Hooker, this game don't go down to the wire and Perry wins by double digits.
Clay was in the game and probably had some chances to take the game. Mitchell to me is still a great player and one of the best in the mountains. Perry just had the right game plan for him. Hooker is a great player also. He is so long and athelitc. If he could shoot the ball past 8 foot he would be one of the best in the state. However he did hit a big shot at the end of the half and the big three in Cornett grille close to the end. Clay and Perry has I think the best two teams in the mountains and I think it shows in the two games they have play. Good Luck to both teams and maybe we can see the tie breaker in the State Tourny!!!!!