Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Virgie play in the BCI this weekend?
If so, does anyone know how to get the results or know any results?

Thanks in advance
They are playing in it. They beat Elkhorn (Frankfort) and Chavies (Perry County) today in pool play. They will play tomorrow in the tournament.
I heard Chavies was really good
EasyMoney Wrote:I heard Chavies was really good

They are. The tournament director said Chavies played with Virgie for a little bit, but Virgie wore them out physically in the 2nd half. That may or may not be accurate since I'm sure he was watching about 5 games at the same time. I think he said they played 70 games (all age groups total) today.

Virgie should have a good shot at winning it. I think Lexington Catholic is playing in it but I'm not sure what other good teams are playing.
Thanks for the info.

Is this the big tourney or are there another one that is a larger tourney?
EasyMoney Wrote:Thanks for the info.

Is this the big tourney or are there another one that is a larger tourney?

Most consider the KBA Middle School State Tournament to be the big one. It usually has around 60 teams in it. It is in February. The tournament this weekend is the one that used to be held in Florence. It is a great tournament as well.
lex cath beat bates(danville) and cowan(letcher co) both with ease. virgie was very strong. also in tourney sw pulaski- ab combs-lincoln co- chavis-sebastian-elkhorn. should be a great sunday. catholic is very big and athletic. virgis looks very strong and well coached. lincoln co has a great player at the point. combs has some size and skill. cowan is very good. did not get to see chavis but i hear they played well with vergie.its a shame wayne co knox co clay co are not in this tourney or we could have crowned a real state champion since kba state is a joke.
Can someone please post the results of today's games when you can
Quarter Finals - Lex. Cath beat AB Combs by 30, Virgie beat Sebastian by around 20 and Lincoln won easily over Cowan....

In the Semi-Finals, Lex. Cath beat SW Pulaski by 25 and Virgie beat Lincoln Co. by 12

In the finals Lexington Catholic blew away Virgie 81-55.

Virgie is a great team and competed very hard but catholic showed that when they are healthy and play their game they are hard to deal with. #21 tanner Johnson lead the way with 35 points including 8 threes in the finals. pg #3 jared griffen hit timely shots and lead his team very well. #22 Reece Ryan played through a deep thigh bruise to his high standards. #11 Jordan hatton averaged a double double for the tourney and played great interior defense. and #32 Michael Talbot provided the penetration and on ball defense to get the knights home. its ah shame some of you coaches are cowards and don't want catholic in the kba state. if they don't play in the tourney the winner can not call themselves a champion because someone needs to deal with Lexington catholic.
in the 6th grade championship game lexington catholic upset a very good sw pulaski team. the 7th grade knox co dominated louisa in the finals after knocking out a very good elkhorn team in the semis. it was a great tourney good luck to all
Thanks for the info
Exactly where is Lexington Catholic Middle School located?
Do you have a score on the lex cath sw pulaski game?
lex cath won by 3 i think it was 44-41
Lex Cath should be allowed to play in the KBA state tournament. I would love to see a rematch with Wayne County there. I know Wayne wanted them to play because they felt like they didn't play well when they beat Catholic a couple of weeks ago. It's not the good teams who don't want LC in, it's the other teams who don't want to play them. I applaud LC for traveling the state and playing the best competition they could find. There is no shame in being the 2nd best 8th grade team in the state, Wayne County is just a little better.
hardworktoday Wrote:Quarter Finals - Lex. Cath beat AB Combs by 30, Virgie beat Sebastian by around 20 and Lincoln won easily over Cowan....

In the Semi-Finals, Lex. Cath beat SW Pulaski by 25 and Virgie beat Lincoln Co. by 12

In the finals Lexington Catholic blew away Virgie 81-55.

Virgie is a great team and competed very hard but catholic showed that when they are healthy and play their game they are hard to deal with. #21 tanner Johnson lead the way with 35 points including 8 threes in the finals. pg #3 jared griffen hit timely shots and lead his team very well. #22 Reece Ryan played through a deep thigh bruise to his high standards. #11 Jordan hatton averaged a double double for the tourney and played great interior defense. and #32 Michael Talbot provided the penetration and on ball defense to get the knights home. its ah shame some of you coaches are cowards and don't want catholic in the kba state. if they don't play in the tourney the winner can not call themselves a champion because someone needs to deal with Lexington catholic.

Really surprised at margin of victory in the finals.

Lexington Catholic is really good fundamental basketball team. They shoot the ball really good and share the ball as a team.

I was really impressed by Virgie and Lincoln Co. also as both teams were well coached and could shoot the ball.
Lexington catholic has a great team,especially offensively. With 10 minutes left in the game it was a 12 point game. Catholic started hitting from everywhere and Virgie simply ran out of gas. Catholic is coming to Virgie in February. Saw some very good teams this weekend and some exceptional players. Cannot wait until the KBA state.
Would someone tell me where Lexington Catholic's middle school is located?
It is always been a rule that `if it wasn't a school, then you could not compete. I know Johnson County has 6 elementary schools and we were not allowed to play unless the kids went to the same school.
if lex cath is the second best team in the state who is first? last time i checked wayne co was not undefeated. in fact clay county beat them by 30 and southwest beat them twice. is clay co the best team in the state? i dont think anyone at this point can lay claim to that title. wayne co knocked of catholic by 2 in ot when catholic played like crap and blew a 13 point 2nd half lead. catholics 6-5 kid was called for his 5th foul when an official was confused( the foul should have been on 21 not 11) and we played 2 of the three overtime mins without reece ryan who han a cut. but no excuses wayne outplayed us and won. they were the better team that day, but if you look at the whole body of work had to say one is better than the other. example we have beaten clay county by over 25 twice ans sw pulaski by over 30 twice. would sure like to see a rematch
you are definitely part of the Lex Cath Fam... Did you really just say "no excuses Wayne outplayed us" after making at least 4 or depending on how you read it 5 excuses in the two sentences before that!! Are you really boasting over the fact that your semi-AAU team is traveling around beating up on "actual" school teams!! It sounds like you all have a great team but let's not try comparing apples to oranges. I don't have any issues with the fact you guys compete as you do and it is good for all the teams you play to get to play against a team as strong as your's... but come on!! Look forward to seeing how you guys do this summer on the AAU trail!!
Neutral floor...head to head...sorry...2nd best in the state! Wayne County wants the rematch worse than you do...they feel like they didn't play very well at all! You should call and arrange another game or a best 3 series on a neutral court and charge admission. I would pay to see it. You have a great team but you didn't win the one that counted. Wayne raises their level of play when a trophy or championship is involved...they are the best until someone can beat them in a tournament. Two of their best players on the 8th grade team had played a 7th grade game just before the losses they had. I for one wish they would let LC play in the KBA state...good teams want to play agaist the best.
hoopstars Wrote:you are definitely part of the Lex Cath Fam... Did you really just say "no excuses Wayne outplayed us" after making at least 4 or depending on how you read it 5 excuses in the two sentences before that!! Are you really boasting over the fact that your semi-AAU team is traveling around beating up on "actual" school teams!! It sounds like you all have a great team but let's not try comparing apples to oranges. I don't have any issues with the fact you guys compete as you do and it is good for all the teams you play to get to play against a team as strong as your's... but come on!! Look forward to seeing how you guys do this summer on the AAU trail!!

Lexington Catholic is really good but calling them a semi-AAU team is crazy.
I am sure all there players will go to Catholic but I am also positive that they will be from 5 different locations.
at Lex Cath or not they are not a true middle school team. For example, Wayne Co sounds like a great team who has kids that all go to the same school and they have been fortunate to have a class that is that strong! Lex Cath has a bunch of kids that have been hand picked from 3 different schools. Yes they are all Catholic schools but all 3 are also private schools and are not handcuffed by having to work with what their school district has given them... Hey, I'm all for giving your kid an advantage in school by sending them to a private school if you have the money to do so. I'm also all for sending your kid to a Catholic school if your religion is that important to your family. However, let's face the truth here, there are alot of people these days that are using these schools to get around recruiting issues and are bringing all these kids in together for athletic advantages... and honestly I'm okay with that too, to each is own but don't come on here calling people cowards and boasting about how good you are when you aren't playing on a level playing field... If anything I would say that Wayne Co is by far the better team cause they are a legit Middle School!! And say what you want about my semi-AAU team comment, I have been around the basketball scene too long and all those "Lex Cath" players didn't just happen to come together in the same year just by age. There's a puppet master floating around somewhere...
kentuckynole Wrote:Lexington Catholic is really good but calling them a semi-AAU team is crazy.
I am sure all there players will go to Catholic but I am also positive that they will be from 5 different locations.

I agree whole heartedly. Calling Lexington Catholic a semi-AAU team is crazy. If I had to classify them I would say they were closer to a SEMI-PROFESSIONAL team. They have people travel from all over the country just to watch their middleschool teams play........Ha!... get real nole.
hey hoopstars maybee you should know what you are talking about before you speak out of your butt. 4 of the 5 8th graders that start have been at catholic since gade k. 3 of them are coaches kids that have been at catholic long before the kids played basketball and a fourth has a parent that has worked at the school since before the kid went to school. only one new kid came in in the last three years and he moved to lexington from out of the area and now lives right down from the school. im sure no player ever transfers into a public school to play with other good players(Ha ha ha) and no public school would ever hold kids back to make the sports teams better.(ha ha ha)
Guys I coach Virgie and I have no complaints about Lex. Catholic. I could care less about where they are located or where there kids go to school or live. I enjoyed playing some of the best teams in the state that weekend. This experience is good for my kids and I feel we got better by playing them. :Thumbs:
thanks coach and your coments show the class of your team. the score from the catholic vergie game was very misleading. catholic played very well and the game was much closer than the score. if we meet again it could very well go the other way as vergie has a ton of talent and a is very well caoched. good luck the rest of the way and hope to see you again.
No talk of the Knox Co.? Hmm, I would think you would have to include them in the conversation of the best team in the state.
Hitters_Count Wrote:No talk of the Knox Co.? Hmm, I would think you would have to include them in the conversation of the best team in the state.

I would have to include Knox Co. in my top 5 in the state.