Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 70 - Pike County Central 64
Good game for the Pirates! Shoutout to Dylan Meade of PCC, 29 points. Kid can PLAY.
The difference in the game was belfrys free throw shooting.
Way to shoot
EasyMoney Wrote:The difference in the game was belfrys free throw shooting.
Way to shoot

First time this year we've been able to say that!

What'd you think about Varney's dunk?
way to go Pirates, what happen to the Hobo kid they keep him in check?
They did a pretty good job on him. He ended up with 24 I think.
He had a good 4th quarter.
Meade had either 29 or the replay on TV said he had 31. Idk

I know at one point in the 4th, Belfry was 18/20 from the line for the game.
EasyMoney Wrote:They did a pretty good job on him. He ended up with 24 I think.
He had a good 4th quarter.
Meade had either 29 or the replay on TV said he had 31. Idk

I know at one point in the 4th, Belfry was 18/20 from the line for the game.

Belfry was shooting 55% from the line before tonight on the season.
cuppett777 Wrote:way to go Pirates, what happen to the Hobo kid they keep him in check?

Belfry0304 Wrote:First time this year we've been able to say that!

What'd you think about Varney's dunk?

I didn't see the dunk
I heard Varney's dunk was absolutely sick!

Congrats Pirates! You beat a good PCC team!
HossDawg Wrote:I heard Varney's dunk was absolutely sick!

Congrats Pirates! You beat a good PCC team!

Not any kind of hard smash, but a solid in traffic dunk w/ Blake Clark close enough to be considered "dunked on" (Pending a video review, we'll have to wait to see a video!)
Congrats Belfry
Pardon the ignorance, does the Boggs kid (QB football) play basketball for PCC?

Congrats to Belfry.
Yes #31
Pike Central is an improving ball club. Could be dangerous come tournament time.
Nothing But The Kids Wrote:Pike Central is an improving ball club. Could be dangerous come tournament time.

I believe Belfry may be even more dangerous, although they did struggle to put away Valley. And PC had a walk in the park with the Wildcats...
Agree
Lleyton21 Wrote:I believe Belfry may be even more dangerous, although they did struggle to put away Valley. And PC had a walk in the park with the Wildcats...

BUT The Pirates also came within 10 of Perry Central, and lost to a good Tug Valley team by 8. The issue to this point has been scoring. It's starting to come around.

The issue for the Hawks, is defense. To this point they haven't been wonderful at stopping anyone. Plus they need someone to help Meade and McCoy, who combined for all but 9 of PC's points last night. Hobo went 1-8 from three, so when a team does pretty good on him defensively (He still had 24, don't get me wrong.) they need someone besides Meade who can step up.

SV's played no defense on Hobo. So many open looks, and he couldn't miss.
Congrats Belfry, good region win.
Nice Win Belfry!
Tournament time is going to be so exciting this year! So many teams showing improvement, it's gotta be good!
I would be embarassed to say i was one of the ref's of this game the worst i have ever seen in high school congrats to the the Pirates for pulling this one out. THE 15TH REGION REF'S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tough loss for the hawks, you guys are showing great strides. So proud of Dylan Meade, I only wish I could have been there....GO HAWKS
Agreed that was a poorly called game , but all together was a good basketball game from the players.
Wasn't #24 the Cornett kid out for the game with an injury , he isn't a major scorer but is a big part of that team with rebounding and defense. Hopefully he will be healthy soon.

There is Varney's dunk. He doesn't rip the rim off the wall, but not bad for a 6'2 kid.
A few people texted me after the game and said that i got enthused on the radio over the dunk. I didnt realize that he could dunk. I was surprised. Lol, I think I made it sound like that he tore the rim apart.
joethegreek Wrote:A few people texted me after the game and said that i got enthused on the radio over the dunk. I didnt realize that he could dunk. I was surprised. Lol, I think I made it sound like that he tore the rim apart.

Sure can, and when's the last time someone from Belfry drove baseline and dunked in a game? I can only remember one other dunk since I've been at BHS and it was Hairston throwing it off the backboard to Pinson when NONE of Matewan's team ran the floor.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Sure can, and when's the last time someone from Belfry drove baseline and dunked in a game? I can only remember one other dunk since I've been at BHS and it was Hairston throwing it off the backboard to Pinson when NONE of Matewan's team ran the floor.

Wright did if im not mistaking against Pike Central his senior year. I know for a fact that he shattered the backboard during pregame that year as well.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Wright did if im not mistaking against Pike Central his senior year. I know for a fact that he shattered the backboard during pregame that year as well.

That was way back. Pinson had a dunk last year but there was no one from the other team within half court.