Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Basketball
I've seen a lot of mountain basketball, and too me this is a very bad year for Mountain Basketball. One thing that Mountain Basketball has always had is "Teams that play hard" and I don't even see that this year.

13th - Clay County is hands down the best team in the mountains. But I could see Bell County, or Whitley County still making a run for region. Corbin and South Laurel are a little down and that's hurting the fan bass for the region. 13th has the best team in the mountain but then probably don't have another team in the top 5 or 6 in the mountains.

14th - The faces of the 14th Hazard, and Perry are both having problems. Hazard has talent but the team just don't play hard or under control. Perry Central is young and having a hard time closing games. Knott County a team that most picked just lost the best player in the region. Wolfe County was way overrated coming into the year. And It's looking like Buckhorn can make a run at the title. Good thing there's some good coaches in the region.

15th - From what I've seen I would say worst region in the state. Johnson Central started the season great but then lost to Pikeville, Paintsville and a Betsy Lane team that I don't believe is that good. East Ridge has a good record but hasn't played anyone in the top 10 in the mountains. Sheldon Clark lost just about the whole team but is still winning ball games. And Pike Central has one great player. So this region is WIDE open. Johnson Central, Pikeville, Betsy Lane, Sheldon Clark, Pike Central, East Ridge, and Paintsville could all win the region.

The talent is young in the Mountains this season and I understand that But TO ALL TEAMS JUST PLAY HARD AGAIN....
So do you just start hate threads?
Is that your role on here?
I don't hate.... I just wanna see good basketball and teams play hard and I'm from Hazard and they are the worst for not playing hard this year.
ekff Wrote:I've seen a lot of mountain basketball, and too me this is a very bad year for Mountain Basketball. One thing that Mountain Basketball has always had is "Teams that play hard" and I don't even see that this year.

13th - Clay County is hands down the best team in the mountains. But I could see Bell County, or Whitley County still making a run for region. Corbin and South Laurel are a little down and that's hurting the fan bass for the region. 13th has the best team in the mountain but then probably don't have another team in the top 5 or 6 in the mountains.

14th - The faces of the 14th Hazard, and Perry are both having problems. Hazard has talent but the team just don't play hard or under control. Perry Central is young and having a hard time closing games. Knott County a team that most picked just lost the best player in the region. Wolfe County was way overrated coming into the year. And It's looking like Buckhorn can make a run at the title. Good thing there's some good coaches in the region.

15th - From what I've seen I would say worst region in the state. Johnson Central started the season great but then lost to Pikeville, Paintsville and a Betsy Lane team that I don't believe is that good. East Ridge has a good record but hasn't played anyone in the top 10 in the mountains. Sheldon Clark lost just about the whole team but is still winning ball games. And Pike Central has one great player. So this region is WIDE open. Johnson Central, Pikeville, Betsy Lane, Sheldon Clark, Pike Central, East Ridge, and Paintsville could all win the region.

The talent is young in the Mountains this season and I understand that But TO ALL TEAMS JUST PLAY HARD AGAIN....

I completely agree with ye. Clay is good, the best team in the mnts but there not near as good as what we thought they'd be. In the 14th, the region goes through Perry County and it's schools are down. The 15th...well excluding SV the region is always bad and SV is having a down year too. Every region goes through a dry spell of talent or is young one and I'm sure the mnt teams will gain respect again soon.
This thread hit the nail on the head,a lot of teams just don't play hard. But it seems like the love for the game is gone, kids do not have the pride in playing well. Itseems like now days if it gets hard ,just quit and go home.
^^^Yeah, get used to that. That's the society we live in these days.
zaga_fan Wrote:So do you just start hate threads?
Is that your role on here?

Thats what I was thinking.
14th and 15 regions are defiantely down from last year. In the Mts. you can't reload each year like you can at the larger schools. Shelby Valley, last years State Champion, lost every starter. Perry Central, the last team to beat Shelby Valley, lost four starters. Knott Central, beat Perry in the finals of the 14th, lost four starters. There is no way that these regions could possibly be as strong as last years. All these teams have some great young players that will hopefully bring up the talent level of these regions in the near future.