Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central - Hype
OK.... I was at the WYMT toury and a Knott County person told me: " If Davis didn't get hurt, No one East Lexington could beat them!"

I'm sorry!!! But I have seen Knott County play. I know Johnson Central and Pikeville beat them with Davis.... Knott County isn't as good as the hype. With or Without Davis... Davis and Sloan are both good ball players, but the team isn't that good.

OK..... At the same game. Another fan came up to me and said " Knott won't win because they have the worst coach in the mountain's."

I don't know about the worst coach in the mountain's, but I don't think his guy was the right man for the job.

Seems to me that Knott County is like Kentucky, they still believe they have as much talent as they had last year.

BUT WITH ALL THIS SAID...... Knott will be in the mix, because the 14th region is as weak as I've ever seen.... But Hazard (Holland) and Perry (Hatcher) will be there. And I believe Buckhorn is just as good, if not better then Knott.
I am not in agreement with your comment. Actually, when it comes to the "hype" it is quite the opposite. The boys that are playing for KCC saw very little or no playing time last year. Almost everyone has expected them to struggle this year with the loss of their senior class and the third head coach in three years. They have played some excellent ball at times this season despite the adversity that they have faced. They now will have to readjust to the loss of Zach Davis, an outstanding player. The true Patriot fans will support and cheer them on to the end. We hope for another regional championship. Either way, these boys will give it their all!
You can go to just about any high school game around here and find a fan that would say that they need a new coach. You cant make them all happy.
[quote=ekff]

OK..... At the same game. Another fan came up to me and said " Knott won't win because they have the worst coach in the mountain's."

I don't know about the worst coach in the mountain's, but I don't think his guy was the right man for the job.

Seems to me that Knott County is like Kentucky, they still believe they have as much talent as they had last year.

I heard a lot of the same things at the WYMT from people. While I don't think KCC has as much talent as the past couple of years I don't think anyone else does either. The region is as weak as it has been in a while. I think KCC can still win it and I think even without Davis they have the most talent.
coachpete50 Wrote:[quote=ekff]

I heard a lot of the same things at the WYMT from people. While I don't think KCC has as much talent as the past couple of years I don't think anyone else does either. The region is as weak as it has been in a while. I think KCC can still win it and I think even without Davis they have the most talent.

They might could still win the region, but from what I've seen, they don't play any defense and they don't play that hard.
Benchwarmer Wrote:You can go to just about any high school game around here and find a fan that would say that they need a new coach. You cant make them all happy.

There is always someone who thinks the coach does not know what they are doing or is playing politics. Sometimes they are right, sometimes not. BB deserves a chance to prove himself before people start making negative comments.
High Sheriff Wrote:There is always someone who thinks the coach does not know what they are doing or is playing politics. Sometimes they are right, sometimes not. BB deserves a chance to prove himself before people start making negative comments.

I agree.
I agree
Some people might take this thread the wrong way.... All I'm trying to say is I heard some things I don't believe.

Let me say something good.... Davis is the best player in the region, and Sloan is the most under-rated player in the region.....

And I did say that would be in the mix, but the whole region is down.
Then don't start a thread that should be at the Hindman Dairy Queen.
First, what knott fans were saying is that they would be a better "team". Not better individual players. Second, acording to wymt knott has played one of the hardest schedules in the state. Davis was never 100%. If Davis was in good shape they would be the best team in the mountains.
See that's the kinda stuff I'm talking about. I'm a Hazard fan and I'll be the first to tell you that Hazard isn't the best team in the mountains and maybe not in the region but no Knott fan will say that.... I'm sorry but Clay is the best team in the mountains with or without Davis.
ekff Wrote:See that's the kinda stuff I'm talking about. I'm a Hazard fan and I'll be the first to tell you that Hazard isn't the best team in the mountains and maybe not in the region but no Knott fan will say that.... I'm sorry but Clay is the best team in the mountains with or without Davis.

Im a Knott County fan and I agree with you.
Knott Co always has hype coming into the season but they rarely live up to it. There good but there fans act like there head and shoulders the best team in the region every year...excluding benchwarmer of course Big Grin
Davis is good, but the best player in the 14th is Matt Day.
Aslan Wrote:Knott Co always has hype coming into the season but they rarely live up to it. There good but there fans act like there head and shoulders the best team in the region every year...excluding benchwarmer of course Big Grin

And doesn't Perry Fans do the same thing? Except Aslan.:biggrin:
Well Knott had a lot time in between region titles so I wouldn't say every year. Knott wasn't in the running for the title in a while.

But I know there's fans that think there teams are the best ever year, but when you talk to people that really know basketball they will tell you the truth.
ekff Wrote:Well Knott had a lot time in between region titles so I wouldn't say every year. Knott wasn't in the running for the title in a while.

But I know there's fans that think there teams are the best ever year, but when you talk to people that really know basketball they will tell you the truth.

Just like Hazard fans.
ekff Wrote:See that's the kinda stuff I'm talking about. I'm a Hazard fan and I'll be the first to tell you that Hazard isn't the best team in the mountains and maybe not in the region but no Knott fan will say that.... I'm sorry but Clay is the best team in the mountains with or without Davis.

Agreed - Clay is the best right now!
UKisN1 Wrote:Then don't start a thread that should be at the Hindman Dairy Queen.

Completely agree.
Pointless thread except to stir up some people from Knott, which I guess was achieved.
Aslan Wrote:Knott Co always has hype coming into the season but they rarely live up to it. There good but there fans act like there head and shoulders the best team in the region every year...excluding benchwarmer of course Big Grin

Isn't that what a true fan of anything does..believes their team is the best year in and year out.. That's what I love about being a KCC athletic supporter.
HeGotGame Wrote:Isn't that what a true fan of anything does..believes their team is the best year in and year out.. That's what I love about being a KCC athletic supporter.

No, I support Perry but I'm realistic about it.
HeGotGame Wrote:Isn't that what a true fan of anything does..believes their team is the best year in and year out.. That's what I love about being a KCC athletic supporter.

You should move to Harlan Smile
[Image: http://sportsmaven.files.wordpress.com/2...-28-07.jpg]
I am a KCC fan but a realistic one. Knott can win the region but they are not head and shoulders better than any of the top five or six teams. Knott county's defense is adequate at best. Handling pressure without Davis will be a problem. Adams,one of the top 3-point shooters in the region, will struggle to get open looks without Davis. On the other hand, Knott has a strong inside game with Slone and Roberts. Region is not as strong as it was last year. Knott's district seeds which almost automatically puts them in the regional tourney; Cordia and Jenkins doesn't have the talent to compete this year. With that said, anything can happen once you get into the regional tourney. With a good draw and a little luck Knott could go back to Rupp.
Well said.

Sounds familiar. Deja Vu to the beginning of football season every year when the PCC fans start.

That is the truth. It doesn't matter if it is basketball, volleyball, or underwater basket weaving.
alc88 Wrote:I am a KCC fan but a realistic one. Knott can win the region but they are not head and shoulders better than any of the top five or six teams. Knott county's defense is adequate at best. Handling pressure without Davis will be a problem. Adams,one of the top 3-point shooters in the region, will struggle to get open looks without Davis. On the other hand, Knott has a strong inside game with Slone and Roberts. Region is not as strong as it was last year. Knott's district seeds which almost automatically puts them in the regional tourney; Cordia and Jenkins doesn't have the talent to compete this year. With that said, anything can happen once you get into the regional tourney. With a good draw and a little luck Knott could go back to Rupp.

A well spoken intelligent comment from a Knott Central fan. I need to buy a lottery ticket today.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Sounds familiar. Deja Vu to the beginning of football season every year when the PCC fans start.

That was warmachine with the 10-0 prediction.