Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Frazier named Middlesboro's Football Coach
It is time for a new thread and the other to be closed. The job has been filled and Randy will do a great job. What does everone else think?
I look for Randy to try and bring Coach Yankey with him to coach the WRs/Dbs. Yankey is very skilled in this spot and has done an excellent job at Bell the last 5 years. Randy would be crazy to not attempt to hire him.:Cheerlead
attacktheV Wrote:I look for Randy to try and bring Coach Yankey with him to coach the WRs/Dbs. Yankey is very skilled in this spot and has done an excellent job at Bell the last 5 years. Randy would be crazy to not attempt to hire him.:Cheerlead

Yankey can't leave the Mountain!
Frazier will bring the jackets back to respectability in a few years. After that, I look for him to start taking that district and region over. Good luck Frazier!!!!
Maybe that Randy Frazier will put the Bobcats of Bell County back on the schedule for GOOD
attacktheV Wrote:I look for Randy to try and bring Coach Yankey with him to coach the WRs/Dbs. Yankey is very skilled in this spot and has done an excellent job at Bell the last 5 years. Randy would be crazy to not attempt to hire him.:Cheerlead

Are you kidding??

Don't look for him to go anywhere. He will lose to much money in going to Middlesboro. He will be in the Blue and White next season.
wildcats fan Wrote:Maybe that Randy Frazier will put the Bobcats of Bell County back on the schedule for GOOD

If anybody will it would be him.
Granted, he was much younger the last time he held a head coaching position, but even he would admit that he underachieved with some very talented teams at Cumberland.

Time will tell, but I wish the Jackets luck.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Granted, he was much younger the last time he held a head coaching position, but even he would admit that he underachieved with some very talented teams at Cumberland.

You also have to remember Frazier has been under one of the best coaches in Kentucky history and has learned alot from him.
When Randy was at Cumberland he was right out of college. Although he may not have achieved the success that the fans thought he should have, he did have some successful seasons with the Redskins. As a fellow Whitesburg and Morehead State alumni, I wish him the best of luck.
I talked to Randy at Bell Co. back in '06 & I asked him if he would like to be a head coach again & he said he would love to & I told him I would like to see see him back at the helm again too & presto he's back & I think it was a great hire & I believe he'll do a great job, best of all he don't even have to move or anything!
Randy will be pacing the sidelines against Letcher Co. Central next year I want to make a point to catch that game!
congrats to coach frazier
Good luck Fraizer. Look forward to seeing what you can build in a couple of years.
Good luck randy
Best of luck to him. I wonder if he renews the rivalry?
lwc Wrote:Best of luck to him. I wonder if he renews the rivalry?

It will happen in 2011.:Thumbs:
Gitback Coach Wrote:Granted, he was much younger the last time he held a head coaching position, but even he would admit that he underachieved with some very talented teams at Cumberland.

Maybe so???
But who hasn't before?
The thing that stands out the most for me with Frazier at Cumberland is, how many kids ended up with scholarships. Don't say if he had that many he should have won more. That's the point I'm making. Point is, he cared enough about them to find them a free education while playing football. That's the single most important thing in my opinion. I want wins but I want a coach who takes care of the kids. He did that.
good luck to frazier
good luck to Randy Frazier and the yellowjackets.
Wonder how things are going in the borough?
I'm taking the wait and see approach. I don't like the idea of him being a former assistant coach to hilton maybe this hiring is some sort of sabotage by the Bell County/Harlan faithfuls.
News Flash you can't sabotage an already horrible record.
why would they sabotage middlesboro? you obviously think to highly of middlesboro football at this time if you think either bell or harlan would put any effort to sabotage the program. why waste any effort to pump water ON a sink ship.
I really think the Yellow jackets will be a better team with him as there coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]