Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County will open the city/County Bowl game verses Green County
Bell Boys Fan Wrote:Middlesboro will play Alcoa or pay a $10,000 fine is what I've heard. If they want Bell to play Alcoa, it will have to move to Log Mountain, or so we're hearing through the grapevine. I think with Frazier as Coach, Middlesboro won't back down.

It is 5,000.
Again, Middlesboro will NOT buy out of this contract.
FlippedOut Wrote:Again, Middlesboro will NOT buy out of this contract.

I agree this is the way that it will be. Bell will play Green and Middlesboro will play Alcoa. It will not change.
Since Green County will be forced to play against Bell. How will they fare, I am sure not pretty but I know Bell is hurting on their line and they is always a concern for a team.
Generals2010 Wrote:Since Green County will be forced to play against Bell. How will they fare, I am sure not pretty but I know Bell is hurting on their line and they is always a concern for a team.

I would think Green Co. will be one of the top teams in class 2A this season, but I would think Bell Co. will be on of the top teams in the ENTIRE state all classes so I would give the edge to Bell. Green has won 11, 10, and 9 games the past 3 seasons which would put them around the top 5 schools in class
2A. But again Bell has been one of the top teams in all classes over the past 3 seasons. They did travel to Lone Oak and Marion Co. last seaon but were handled pretty good in both games. Green has some talent returning but not as much as the team that beat Hazard in 2009. Next year(2011) I would think Green would have the best team since the 2009 team.
I think everyone that talks about a change in the City/County Bowl is wasting their time. Frazier will not back out of middlesboro's obligation. If a coaching change would not have came about, who knows? But, the jackets will play alcoa. jmo....
I agree Easy. And he wouldn't want to spend 10,000 dollars to not play. That would be just dumb.
Generals2010 Wrote:I agree Easy. And he wouldn't want to spend 10,000 dollars to not play. That would be just dumb.

Agreed. It makes no sense.
I think everyone agrees a Bell/Alcoa, Middlesboro/Green matchup would be the best matchups. But I would agree that I couldn't see someone giving 10K to buy out a contract IMO.
Generals2010 Wrote:I know Bell is hurting on their line and they is always a concern for a team.

You do? I don't think they will be. They will not be quiet as big as last year but still pretty talented. 3 kids who started last year on the OL and 2 on the d-line, they will be fine.
From what I've seen and read Bell has SEVERAL starters back on both sides of the ball
Amped 88 Wrote:Not to shabby.

thank you it looks
like the whole arugeing thing over i dont know why team who dont do as good as bell,highlands,boyle,trinty, and st x and all other top25 teams in the state complain about them if you want to talk smack then beat these team and get some rings and them talk
wins = bragging rights and not from 7-8 season ago this is 2010 not 2002
I may be one of the few sensible Rockcastle fans on this board. It seems like the rest of them argue with each other, :lmao: I admit that Bell is better and the past does not matter. History will not give Rockcastle a single win this season. It is USELESS to talk about history with Bell County fans, it is like UK bragging about their bowl wins to USC, just doesn't make sense.

Rock has been down and will be down again this season, but to add to what former and rocket01 talk about with the future, the future at Rock is VERY bright. MANY new 10th and 11th graders that will be getting a lot of experience and playing time.

When Rock has been as bad as it has, all fans can do is talk about the future. When Rock would beat Bell, Bell would talk about how they would beat Rock next year and vice-versa. When the season is going to be bad or the season is over, the future is all you have to talk about.

Back to the topic of this thread, Bell will destroy Green County and Alcoa will probably destroy Middlesboro in the City/County Bowl.
lwc Wrote:I may be one of the few sensible Rockcastle fans on this board. It seems like the rest of them argue with each other, :lmao: I admit that Bell is better and the past does not matter. History will not give Rockcastle a single win this season. It is USELESS to talk about history with Bell County fans, it is like UK bragging about their bowl wins to USC, just doesn't make sense.

Rock has been down and will be down again this season, but to add to what former and rocket01 talk about with the future, the future at Rock is VERY bright. MANY new 10th and 11th graders that will be getting a lot of experience and playing time.

When Rock has been as bad as it has, all fans can do is talk about the future. When Rock would beat Bell, Bell would talk about how they would beat Rock next year and vice-versa. When the season is going to be bad or the season is over, the future is all you have to talk about.

Back to the topic of this thread, Bell will destroy Green County and Alcoa will probably destroy Middlesboro in the City/County Bowl.

Very good post. Sums it up from every angle.
And the city/county bowl will be lopsided in both games. Especially the Alcoa game. I wish it could be eagerly anticipated but it's not by anybody. My only problem with this is, hearing many say Bell should play Alcoa. Well, Bell did. Now Middlesboro plays them. That's the way it is. Would the games be better if we switched up the teams? Yes. However, that doesn't mean Bell should bail out middlesboro. That's not fair to Bell. There is so many different ways to look at it. Everyone could argue a point and be right about it. But, it is what it is. Great post LWC....
to comment on lwc's post, as a bell fan i hope the best for rockcastle. i have said in another thread that while mountain rivalries are great to have, but we need to quit squabbling about who is best in the mountains and be more concerned about being best in the state. rocks been down the last few years but they have enough tradition and a good system in place to develop the kids in grade school and middle school to keep the program going well. most every team has dips in talent and game play unfortunately for rock they are in that dip now. the question is, how soon till they get out.
Wouldn't you think that Alcoa would give Borro the 10,000 just to play Bell? Whaat good would come from Alcoa playing Boro?
El Indio Wrote:Wouldn't you think that Alcoa would give Borro the 10,000 just to play Bell? Whaat good would come from Alcoa playing Boro?

Dudley doesnt want to play Alcoa becasue he wants as many wins to try to break the record. Alcoa would be a loss. No way Bell wants to play them, but then again who would.
former Wrote:You better bet dudley doesnt want Alcho. He wants wins to be all time winner. He would schedule Berea 10 times if he could.

Someone needs to fix their record player. I think it is broken.
attacktheV Wrote:Someone needs to fix their record player. I think it is broken.

Rock doesnt want any of Alcoa either. Are you happy now? Bell is better than Rock this year. Are you happy now? bell has beat rock bad teh past few years. Are you happy now?
former Wrote:Rock doesnt want any of Alcoa either. Are you happy now? Bell is better than Rock this year. Are you happy now? bell has beat rock bad teh past few years. Are you happy now?

Most phsycologist would call this a major breakthrough. :Clap::Clap::Clap::rockon::rockon::Clap::Clap::Clap:
attacktheV Wrote:Most phsycologist would call this a major breakthrough. :Clap::Clap::Clap::rockon::rockon::Clap::Clap::Clap:

Dont we all need psychologist?
former Wrote:Dont we all need psychologist?
A psychologist would diagnose a lot of people on here with ADD, no one can stay on topic for more than a sentence.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:A psychologist would diagnose a lot of people on here with ADD, no one can stay on topic for more than a sentence.

Yeah and I need spell check lol. I don't know anything about Green County. what kind of offense/defense do they run?
ok former, i have a question. do you really believe hilton doesnt want to play alcoa because he doesnt want to lose?
Nobody wants to lose. The ideal situation here would be to give Green County a big pay day and have them play Alcoa and M'boro play Bell. Imagine the gate it would bring in.
A Bell Co./middlesboro game would be the matchup to make the most money. Then they could bring somebody else in for Green to play because it wouldn't be worth Alcoa trip up.
El Indio Wrote:Wouldn't you think that Alcoa would give Borro the 10,000 just to play Bell? Whaat good would come from Alcoa playing Boro?

The fee isn't 10,000 it is 5,000. And if the teams paid the forfeit fee then none of them can play a game at all because they will have an 11 game season.
johnnyt Wrote:ok former, i have a question. do you really believe hilton doesnt want to play alcoa because he doesnt want to lose?

yes
johnnyt Wrote:ok former, i have a question. do you really believe hilton doesnt want to play alcoa because he doesnt want to lose?

But Rock wouldnt want to play them either. no one wants their team to lose, but dudley has more to gain from not losing. WIN RECORD
former Wrote:Dudley doesnt want to play Alcoa becasue he wants as many wins to try to break the record. Alcoa would be a loss. No way Bell wants to play them, but then again who would.

Alcoa might be a loss, but a win wouldn't count toward the record either. When you don't know what you are talking about, you probably shouldn't comment.

The contract was set last year. The contract would have to be broken for Bell to play anyone besides Green Co. I don't understand why anyone is bringing it up.