Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calipari/LeBron package deal rumors continue
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bas...0558.story

However sources close to Andy Katz say Rumor is untrue.
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5194333"]Source: Chicago Bulls not discussing Lebron James-John Calipari package deal - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5194376@@AMEPARAM@@5194376[/ame]
Nah, not going to happen. I like Lebron too much.
These rumors are not going to end til Lebron signs with a team.
Cal is going nowhere.
Sure hope all these rumors are untrue. Without Cal we will be in the NIT again.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Cal is going nowhere.

Uh huh. We WVU fans thought that too before Fraud bolted for $cUM.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Uh huh. We WVU fans thought that too before Fraud bolted for $cUM.

I think he will stay until he gets a ring. Then hes gone.
Cal has made it clear that he is not interested in the NBA.

Chicago wants this to happen because if it did, Lebron would likely end up a Bull.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Cal has made it clear that he is not interested in the NBA.

Chicago wants this to happen because if it did, Lebron would likely end up a Bull.

From everything i've saw/read all that has been said is LeBron To The Bulls...and the bulls are trying to get James and have said that they are NOT trying to get a James/Calipari Package Deal
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Cal has made it clear that he is not interested in the NBA.

Hmm, and we always listen to Coaches that say this same stuff every year???? :popcorn:

I don't beleive he is going, but not because the "Teflon Don" say's so. He'd reneg, but no one in the NBA wants him! It's the lure of Lebron that makes this all newsworthy. Cal was a monumental flop in the NBA, which proves you can create PG's for the NBA with the Dribble Drive, but you have to be able to coach Defense as well, and we know in his three college stints, defense is not in a Calipari game plan.
he wont leave lexington he is a god down there
back_in_black Wrote:he wont leave lexington he is a god down there

I don't think he leaves either, but I remember Pitino being a God down here as well.
Note to Kentucky fans.
Your school basically sold its soul to the devil by hiring Calipari. I know, I know, he never done anything wrong. He never knew of anything dealing with the Rose thing. The Camby thing. He never knew of anything that ever happened anywhere he has ever been. You all bashed TheVille on here because Pitino hired the coach of a player he was recruiting. You DO REALIZE that in 2001, Cal hired Milt Wagner as "Coordinator of basketball operations" while he was recruiting DeJuan (the son of Milt), dont you? Of course you dont. I like UK basketball, I really do. But this is a fair warning here. Do not be surprised if Calipari bolts UK to MUCH greener NBA pastures. Lets face it, he's a great recruitor, an average x's and o's coach, with below average character. When he does bolt, we'll hear the "He is the worst guy in history, he lied to us, how dare he, I knew there was something up with that guy" by the same UK fans that are touting him the greatest coach in the history of the world.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:I don't think he leaves either, but I remember Pitino being a God down here as well.

Pitino hadn't been a coach in the NBA yet though. Calipari has already had his trial run.
Stardust Wrote:Hmm, and we always listen to Coaches that say this same stuff every year???? :popcorn:

I don't beleive he is going, but not because the "Teflon Don" say's so. He'd reneg, but no one in the NBA wants him! It's the lure of Lebron that makes this all newsworthy. Cal was a monumental flop in the NBA, which proves you can create PG's for the NBA with the Dribble Drive, but you have to be able to coach Defense as well, and we know in his three college stints, defense is not in a Calipari game plan.

Not just Cal is saying he isn't going, Andy Katz, Chris Broussard, WWW, etc are all saying that Cal is staying put in Lexington.
Yes he had been, for the knicks in the 80's sometime, and he wasnt too bad then, I think he had one winning season with about 50 wins that season. I may be wrong about the wins, im not sure, but I know he was a coach in the NBA. As far as Calipari leaving UK, I could see it happening and it wouldnt bother me one bit. I do believe he is a shady character just because of the recruits he is able to get. Yes Duke and Carolina and some other schools get some highly touted recruits as well and who's to say they arent cheating, but I just dont see Cal being able to compete with coach k or roy williams at those schools with their names in recruiting, so yeah I do think he is a shady character and probably has done some illegal things that will eventually land UK in trouble. It has happened before, it will happen again. I said it before, I didnt like his coaching style anyway, especially in the last game of the season, he doesnt know what he is doing and that **** dribble drive offense is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I have become so sick of college basketball and especially UK over the last few years, I am about done with it, thats why I watch more of the NBA now.
I look for Cal to go to the Bulls. I hope not, but I truly believe he's going to leave Lexington. Maybe we can get Pitino back!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Note to Kentucky fans.
Your school basically sold its soul to the devil by hiring Calipari. I know, I know, he never done anything wrong. He never knew of anything dealing with the Rose thing. The Camby thing. He never knew of anything that ever happened anywhere he has ever been. You all bashed TheVille on here because Pitino hired the coach of a player he was recruiting. You DO REALIZE that in 2001, Cal hired Milt Wagner as "Coordinator of basketball operations" while he was recruiting DeJuan (the son of Milt), dont you? Of course you dont. I like UK basketball, I really do. But this is a fair warning here. Do not be surprised if Calipari bolts UK to MUCH greener NBA pastures. Lets face it, he's a great recruitor, an average x's and o's coach, with below average character. When he does bolt, we'll hear the "He is the worst guy in history, he lied to us, how dare he, I knew there was something up with that guy" by the same UK fans that are touting him the greatest coach in the history of the world.

:Thumbs:
Couldn't agree more.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Yes he had been, for the knicks in the 80's sometime, and he wasnt too bad then, I think he had one winning season with about 50 wins that season. I may be wrong about the wins, im not sure, but I know he was a coach in the NBA. As far as Calipari leaving UK, I could see it happening and it wouldnt bother me one bit. I do believe he is a shady character just because of the recruits he is able to get. Yes Duke and Carolina and some other schools get some highly touted recruits as well and who's to say they arent cheating, but I just dont see Cal being able to compete with coach k or roy williams at those schools with their names in recruiting, so yeah I do think he is a shady character and probably has done some illegal things that will eventually land UK in trouble. It has happened before, it will happen again. I said it before, I didnt like his coaching style anyway, especially in the last game of the season, he doesnt know what he is doing and that **** dribble drive offense is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I have become so sick of college basketball and especially UK over the last few years, I am about done with it, thats why I watch more of the NBA now.

You might as well remove UK from you favorite teams list.

TidesHoss32 Wrote:Note to Kentucky fans.

Come on TH, you telling me the same things haven't been said about Mr. Saban?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You might as well remove UK from you favorite teams list.

LOL..I never said anything about Saban. I was tickled when he got there, and he hasnt let me down, and as long as he wins or contends for championships, I dont care what he does..but I think Saban has proven that he is tailor-made for Tuscaloosa Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:LOL..I never said anything about Saban. I was tickled when he got there, and he hasnt let me down, and as long as he wins or contends for championships, I dont care what he does..but I think Saban has proven that he is tailor-made for Tuscaloosa Big Grin

We feel the same way about coach Cal.

:biggrin:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:We feel the same way about coach Cal.

lol..Point made. But Im still right Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PC_You_Know Wrote:Pitino hadn't been a coach in the NBA yet though. Calipari has already had his trial run.

Wrong! Pitino came to UK after failing in Niw York with the Knicks! So both situations are the same
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Not just Cal is saying he isn't going, Andy Katz, Chris Broussard, WWW, etc are all saying that Cal is staying put in Lexington.

LOL, Oh, my bad. It has to be true then :igiveup:

Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Yes he had been, for the knicks in the 80's sometime, and he wasnt too bad then, I think he had one winning season with about 50 wins that season. I may be wrong about the wins, im not sure, but I know he was a coach in the NBA. As far as Calipari leaving UK, I could see it happening and it wouldnt bother me one bit. I do believe he is a shady character just because of the recruits he is able to get. Yes Duke and Carolina and some other schools get some highly touted recruits as well and who's to say they arent cheating, but I just dont see Cal being able to compete with coach k or roy williams at those schools with their names in recruiting, so yeah I do think he is a shady character and probably has done some illegal things that will eventually land UK in trouble. It has happened before, it will happen again. I said it before, I didnt like his coaching style anyway, especially in the last game of the season, he doesnt know what he is doing and that **** dribble drive offense is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I have become so sick of college basketball and especially UK over the last few years, I am about done with it, thats why I watch more of the NBA now.

I agree with you 100%
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You might as well remove UK from you favorite teams list.

WHY? I'd like to hear your explanation of that? I love America, but I think Obama is a moron. Do I have to hate America because I don't like the guy running my nation? I'm in agreement with Sports_fan28 on this one. I never like Cal before he came to UK, acutally could not stand him. But I am first and foremost a UK fan, which does not mean I have to be a Cal fan! So, do I want him to be successful? Yes, but only because I love for UK is greater than it is for the "teflon don" running the mob.
Stardust Wrote:Wrong! Pitino came to UK after failing in Niw York with the Knicks! So both situations are the same

My bad, I thought he came straight from Providence.
PC_You_Know Wrote:My bad, I thought he came straight from Providence.

Providence, UMass, Knicks, UK, Boston, Louisville.
Stardust Wrote:WHY? I'd like to hear your explanation of that? I love America, but I think Obama is a moron. Do I have to hate America because I don't like the guy running my nation? I'm in agreement with Sports_fan28 on this one. I never like Cal before he came to UK, acutally could not stand him. But I am first and foremost a UK fan, which does not mean I have to be a Cal fan! So, do I want him to be successful? Yes, but only because I love for UK is greater than it is for the "teflon don" running the mob.

That is what I call a fair-weathered fan.

"A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usually bandwagon other teams."

Fair-weathered fans, like yourself.

But you have your rights to do whatever you would like, I don't have a problem with it. But if John Calipari wins one or ten national championships at Kentucky, you will call nothing but praise for the man. But, if something does go wrong and he is caught committing a NCAA infraction, then you'll say I told you so.

I'm not discussing it anymore.