Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County will open the city/County Bowl game verses Green County
who picked the current setup for this bowl game?

i think most of us agree on what seems to be the best match ups. why were they not set up this way in the beginning?
The contract calls for you to play the county team one year and the city team the next.
Seems to me like not very much effort is put into these match-ups. I think money plays a big part of it. Bell played Alcoa very tough until the depth issue came into play. More details need to be looked at and get a better look at both games so they will be even both years. Bell will probably handle Green easily, but Alcoa cannot be put into the same ranks as M'boro, or even Bell when it comes to depth.
FlippedOut Wrote:Know one said anything about Middlesboro buying out. They will not buy out of the contract. Alot of pressure from every where for Bell to play Alcoa. Middlesboro has nothing to do with who they play. It will be Bell Co. who decides.

The most pressure is coming from mboro for Bell to play Alcoa. That's been going on since last fall.
I don't understand how mboro doesn't have a say? They knew going in that the following year they would play Alcoa. I guess the only thing Bell can do is to decide to play Alcoa to bail out mboro from having to play them?
easyM Wrote:The most pressure is coming from mboro for Bell to play Alcoa. That's been going on since last fall.
I don't understand how mboro doesn't have a say? They knew going in that the following year they would play Alcoa. I guess the only thing Bell can do is to decide to play Alcoa to bail out mboro from having to play them?

:Thumbs:I think that the Mboro people want Bell to bail them out. But it isn't going to happen. Coach Frazier will step up to the challenge and have his team ready. He hasn't said anything about not playing Alcoa it is all of the fans and other people here on this site. Good luck to ya. Are the games in the City/ County Bowl game going to be good, NO and everyone knew that last season.
Green did play Lone Oak and Marion Co. last year. I just think people think a fair matchup would be the same as last season. But I can understand if Bell Co. doesn't want to play the Alcoa beast again
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Green did play Lone Oak and Marion Co. last year. I just think people think a fair matchup would be the same as last season. But I can understand if Bell Co. doesn't want to play the Alcoa beast again

Checking scores from last year:

Lone Oak defeated Green 52-20

Marion defeated Green 48-14

Not very competitive in those games.
Hatz Wrote:Checking scores from last year: Lone Oak defeated Green 52-20 Marion defeated Green 48-14 Not very competitive in those games.
Bell County played Marion County at Marion County and it was a blowout by the Bobcats of Bell County
A 26-21 Blowout? Closest blowout I've ever heard of. Marion County played Bells' tails off last year unless I am mistaken.
wildcats fan Wrote:Bell County played Marion County at Marion County and it was a blowout by the Bobcats of Bell County
With all due respect, without a big third quarter, Bell would have been beaten by Marion last season. It was a great game by two very good teams.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Hatz Wrote:Checking scores from last year:

Lone Oak defeated Green 52-20

Marion defeated Green 48-14

Not very competitive in those games.
I worked both games and the scores were closer than the games really were.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

The Lone Oak game both Greens RB got hurt early in the first half and didn't return. Which I doubt it would have mattered Lone Oak would have won the game but the score would have been a little closer. Green didn't play a few starters the Marion Co. game because it was the last game of the season and wanted to rest before the playoffs. But once again I think Marion were the better team also. No doubt that Bell is the better team, but Green Co. has stepped in and played the top teams in the state before.
You better bet dudley doesnt want Alcho. He wants wins to be all time winner. He would schedule Berea 10 times if he could.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I worked both games and the scores were closer than the games really were.

I agree that Lone Oak was on a different level and having to go all way to Lone Oak didn't help Green Co. The Marion Co. game I think it was a combination of Green winning the district title the week before and just not being really into the game. This year Green has a schudule that includes Bell, Lone Oak, and Marion 3 of the top 5 schools in 4A. I think they also play LaRue as well, not sure about that game though. So I think Green Co. has the toughest schudule in the state for a Class 2A school
former Wrote:You better bet dudley doesnt want Alcho. He wants wins to be all time winner. He would schedule Berea 10 times if he could.

It has nothing to do with him wanting to play Alcoa. He has never backed down from good comepetition why would he now. You must be a hater. Probably played for one of the teams that Bell has all ways beat.:popcorn:
Dudley has not got all the wins he has by just playing not so top programs. He finds teams to play who will present a challenge to him. Don't you worry he will be the all time wins leader before its all said and done.
Generals2010 Wrote:Dudley has not got all the wins he has by just playing not so top programs. He finds teams to play who will present a challenge to him. Don't you worry he will be the all time wins leader before its all said and done.

:Thumbs:
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Seems to me like not very much effort is put into these match-ups. I think money plays a big part of it. Bell played Alcoa very tough until the depth issue came into play. More details need to be looked at and get a better look at both games so they will be even both years. Bell will probably handle Green easily, but Alcoa cannot be put into the same ranks as M'boro, or even Bell when it comes to depth.

I understand most of what you're saying but one part puzzles me. Not saying you're indicating this but if mboro or Bell neither one can rank in depth to Alcoa why does it matter which team plays them? I read this and I basically understand it to mean, that no matter which team plays Alcoa, they can't win. With saying that, it is irrelevant who the opponent is facing Alcoa.
Amped 88 Wrote::Thumbs:I think that the Mboro people want Bell to bail them out. But it isn't going to happen. Coach Frazier will step up to the challenge and have his team ready. He hasn't said anything about not playing Alcoa it is all of the fans and other people here on this site. Good luck to ya. Are the games in the City/ County Bowl game going to be good, NO and everyone knew that last season.

Frazier will play Alcoa. You won't see him try to bail out of this one. Says a lot about him. :Thumbs:
easyM Wrote:Frazier will play Alcoa. You won't see him try to bail out of this one. Says a lot about him. :Thumbs:

I agree with you I am not including Frazier as the one who wants the bail out it is others.
Amped 88 Wrote:I agree with you I am not including Frazier as the one who wants the bail out it is others.

I took it that way Amped. We both know he'll step up and play them. :Thumbs:
former Wrote:You better bet dudley doesnt want Alcho. He wants wins to be all time winner. He would schedule Berea 10 times if he could.

Or schedule the Rock ten times.TongueirateSho
attacktheV Wrote:Or schedule the Rock ten times.TongueirateSho

:lmao:
Amped 88 Wrote::lmao:

hahahahahaha
we will find out come season

never underestimate your opponet.
former Wrote:hahahahahaha

Believe me Bell never underestimates.
If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today. The thing about great programs is they never look over any opponent.
former Wrote:hahahahahaha

No one ever said they underestimated anyone. Well except you, you know with your Berea comment. Sort of a slap in their face.
So they really believe Madison Southern can beat them. hahaha
Good luck selling that to the kids.
Or believe that Rock can beat them. haha.
former Wrote:So they really believe Madison Southern can beat them. hahaha
Good luck selling that to the kids.

Don't hate us cause you ain't us.