•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County Job
I was just told McCoy turned GC down. Now what are their options?
Same options as before. I am hearing Dodd's name a little more now. I hope they get a young guy with some fire to change this whole program.
If they want to compete for the region, they better get a fundamental coach, who stresses defense, and knows how to develop post players, a run and gun coach will just get them underachieving again
They need an "anti-Hicks" lol
Keith Adkins is their next option.
Fred Sanford Wrote:Keith Adkins is their next option.
No teaching degree and its hard to raise a family on a few thousand dollars a year.
Teaching Smeaching
Have you seen the job posted?:

Greenup County— Job Title: Head Boys Basketball Coach
Greenup County High School is now excepting applications for the upcoming 2010-2011 season.
Please send application along with resume to: Greenup Co. Board of Education 45 Musketeer Dr. Greenup, KY 41144.
[email=chris.ailster@greenup.kyschools.us]chris.ailster@greenup.kyschools.us[/email] or 606-473-9812

We don't want no ejucator, we want a basketball coche.
AD job could be an option to supplement his pay. Think outside of the box.
Fred Sanford Wrote:AD job could be an option to supplement his pay. Think outside of the box.
The Ice Box!
dynasty Wrote:Take a look at this Job Listing, written by someone at GC, and see if you can find the error?

Greenup County— Job Title: Head Boys Basketball Coach
Greenup County High School is now excepting applications for the upcoming 2010-2011 season.
Please send application along with resume to: Greenup Co. Board of Education 45 Musketeer Dr. Greenup, KY 41144.
Contact: Chris Ailster, A.D., [email]chris.ailster@greenup.kyschools.us[/email] or 606-473-9812

I wonder if they would make an acception for a really good candidate?
Squid Wrote:I wonder if they would make an acception for a really good candidate?
Well done!

However under your premise, we'd have to assume they could recognize a really good candidate.

Not happnin.:eyeroll:
Does anybody want this job besides Ward and Dodd?
Its now time for the people of the Greenup County School District to reap the benefits of all the poor treatment of the previous basketball coaches since 1997. There is not one good coach that is going to commit career suicide and come to Greenup County. No coach is going to put up with the crazy parents and gutless administration. Why should they? Too many other jobs out there.

There are a lot of good people in this district. They share the same blame as the nutjobs. The good people have stood by and let a very small group control things, manipulate the system, and in some cases commit serious crimes.

The students of GC are the ones getting hurt the most. We should all be ashamed.
Hope Dodd gets it.
Kosar Wrote:Same options as before. I am hearing Dodd's name a little more now. I hope they get a young guy with some fire to change this whole program.
Is this the same Dodd that Russell fired so Kidwell could take over the boys team?
Dodd was fired because the program was a wreck not to make room for the "KID". He is the perfect on for GC. Lets hire him and just finish the program off.
jakelegg Wrote:Dodd was fired because the program was a wreck not to make room for the "KID". He is the perfect on for GC. Lets hire him and just finish the program off.

:dontthink:dontthink Dodd got to the region semis in 03 and 04 and the final game in 05. Russell would have won that game had Sloane not dislocated his shoulder in the first minute of the game.

Dodd's team won the region in 06 and were the odds on favorite to win it in 07 when leading scorer Vanhoose goes down in the district with a knee injury. Russell still finished 28-5 and led the region in scoring.

Russell lost 11 of their top 13 players from 07 and finished 3-23 in 08.

Dodd did an excellent job at Russell and would do an even better job at Greenup with the athletes they have.:Thumbs::flame::devilflam
The job listing is not on the KHSAA website anymore, did they pull it because of the errors in the listing or because they have decided on the next coach? Bring back the :notworthylittle general and lets make a run for the state!! :please:
The ONLY reason Dodd won at Russell is because Big Sandy brought his AAU team to Russell. That wont happen at GC. The basketball parents do not want transfer's.
jakelegg Wrote:The ONLY reason Dodd won at Russell is because Big Sandy brought his AAU team to Russell. That wont happen at GC. The basketball parents do not want transfer's.

:lmao: The two players that you are referring to: (Vanhoose and Blair) went all four years to Russell. You think they came in their first year as world beaters because they played AAU:please:?
They became very good players because of Coach Dodd's teaching of fundamentals and his college style conditioning program.
:flame::devilflam
jakelegg Wrote:The ONLY reason Dodd won at Russell is because Big Sandy brought his AAU team to Russell. That wont happen at GC. The basketball parents do not want transfer's.

Guess they will send that point guard back to Raceland then?
I keep hearing Adkins for this job. Doesn't make a whole lot of sence to me.
duck1220 Wrote::lmao: The two players that you are referring to: (Vanhoose and Blair) went all four years to Russell. You think they came in their first year as world beaters because they played AAU:please:?
They became very good players because of Coach Dodd's teaching of fundamentals and his college style conditioning program.
:flame::devilflam
That college style conditioning program sure did wonders for the last bunch Dodd coached at Russell. Not to mention his standout record in the Volunteer state. Pleaaaaaase!
dejavu Wrote:Guess they will send that point guard back to Raceland then?

What point guard you talking about?? If its the one that lives in Greenup, he will NOT be accepted with open arms and neither will his father. You know what happens when you throw gas on a burning fire dont you. :devilflam You get an explosion.
Hey Duckie you should just face the facts. As bad as Greenup needs a coach even they arent going to hire Coach Dodd. Besides he wouldnt like GC anyway. No swimming pools to lurk around hahaha

True! They don't even like each other!!!:argue:
Hahaha Sad but true on that one 3ball. So who is next in line to get an interview?? or are they still in negotiations with Mccoy and or Adkins.
jakelegg Wrote:Hey Duckie you should just face the facts. As bad as Greenup needs a coach even they arent going to hire Coach Dodd. Besides he wouldnt like GC anyway. No swimming pools to lurk around hahaha

That's funny stuff. But there is a Greenup City Pool, right next to the Icemans house...lol
hahaha Maybe the Iceman can add a pool membership to the coaching package and the the dynamic duo of Duck and Dodd.

On a serious note. When will the school pull the trigger on a hire?
jakelegg Wrote:hahaha Maybe the Iceman can add a pool membership to the coaching package and the the dynamic duo of Duck and Dodd.

On a serious note. When will the school pull the trigger on a hire?
Not sure that I'd have phrased it quite that way. I think some wanted to pull the trigger on Hicks after he had been hired.:moon:

My guess is that Adkins is being swooned by the folks here in Lloyd to try their best to get him to leave his gig and come to the Greenhouse. Heard a coach refer to GC this weekend as top-20 talent in the state. Not sure I'd go that far, but no doubt that a new coach ain't starting from scratch here.
jakelegg Wrote:Hey Duckie you should just face the facts. As bad as Greenup needs a coach even they arent going to hire Coach Dodd. Besides he wouldnt like GC anyway. No swimming pools to lurk around hahaha

You're not even remotely funny. This is slander, liable and defamation of character.

On a side note, anonymous phone calls are not always as anonymous as one might think!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next