Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best year of Betsy Layne?
I think so, It seems to me that there finnaly getting into the swing of things. They always have had loads of talent, but for some reason couldnt get things hitting on all cylinders. But for some reason, I believe there going to be a force this year. nobody take them slightly.

Whats your alls opinions?
I wont disagree on the terms that Betsy Layne wont be able to compete with teams in their class

-Pikeville is down, but will be better next year because of a great soph class.
-South Floyd just doesnt have much to work with
-Painstville is a dying ship...as they get smaller....Johnson Central gets even better.
-Allen Central was great last year, but things could be getting back to how theyve been in recent history for the Rebels.

IMO Pikeville will win the district, but the rest of the seeding could go anyway...I do believe that Betsy layne makes the playoffs this season
The Iceboxx Wrote:I wont disagree on the terms that Betsy Layne wont be able to compete with teams in their class

-Pikeville is down, but will be better next year because of a great soph class.
-South Floyd just doesnt have much to work with
-Painstville is a dying ship...as they get smaller....Johnson Central gets even better.
-Allen Central was great last year, but things could be getting back to how theyve been in recent history for the Rebels.

IMO Pikeville will win the district, but the rest of the seeding could go anyway...I do believe that Betsy layne makes the playoffs this season

Way to break it down. any clue if Shelby Valley plays Besty Lane this year in summer league? I think it would be a great matchup
I think Betsy Lane or Pikeville are the front runners to win the region. I just do not know if Valley can sustain that kind of exodos and still be entirely competitive. I still hope for a solid season.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
? Really ?
Does anyone know the last time that Betsy Layne had a winning season? Considering that BL returnes nearly every offensive skill kid, which includes a QB that passed for over a 1000 yards, along with a running back that went over 1000 yards. I believe that a season with 5-7 wins isnt a large reach.

If they play the same schedule as last season.

Bishop Brossart-W
Burch WV-W
Jackson Co.-W
Magoffin Co.-L
Phelps-W
South Floyd-W
Painstville-W
Pikeville-L
Allen Central-L
Jenkins-W

Thats 7-3....IMO this is a decent possibility for BL
I heard they were changing offenses again...I wonder how that will change the outlook for this season.
First I heard about the offense changing. Does coaches change their offense ever year? Or does Parsons just change it every year?
Betsy Layne may end up a #2 seed in district 7 next season behind Pikeville. But I still think BL is a few years from becoming a serious district championship competitor.

Paintsville usually has some really good players, but we will have to see because the interest in football is obviously down in Tigerville.
Betsy Lane is going to be solid this year. There gonna open some peoples eye's. Wait and see. They returned plenty of Skill players back on the field who can make things happen. Make us proud Bobcats.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Does anyone know the last time that Betsy Layne had a winning season? Considering that BL returnes nearly every offensive skill kid, which includes a QB that passed for over a 1000 yards, along with a running back that went over 1000 yards. I believe that a season with 5-7 wins isnt a large reach.

If they play the same schedule as last season.

Bishop Brossart-W
Burch WV-W
Jackson Co.-W
Magoffin Co.-L
Phelps-W
South Floyd-W
Painstville-W
Pikeville-L
Allen Central-L
Jenkins-W

Thats 7-3....IMO this is a decent possibility for BL

Last winning season, would be mid 90's or later.

Martin's QB stats
52/99 for 53 or 54%
1, 016yds.
6 TD's, 8 INT's

BL loses 8 seniors: 5 of which were OL/DL, 1 Nose Guard, 2 WR/CB's.

You can have all the skill players you want, but when you have a newborn's experience (no disrespect) in front of you, it's going to be hard to move the ball. And it's going to be hard to stop teams when their consistently getting into your secondary defense on runs.

5-7 wins may be a reach with those odds. I'm thinking 3-5 wins.

BL will beat AC, the SF game is a toss-up.

Good Luck to the Bobcats in the upcoming season.
thats pretty typical from a sf fan to say 3-5 wins. The 8 seniors they lost, how many started. I think 2. They lose two players that played consistently last year. They SHOULD have a good season, but we always have this build up from them.
I dont see them beating Phelps
BL will beat Phelps by 30. First of all its home for the bobcats, second, didnt phelps lose everything, I think the khsaa said they had 14 seniors. Joey Dotson won't be able to save them.
The Bobcats have a great shot at going 7-3 or better. I see them as a 2nd seed from their district in the playoffs. Wouldn't a playoff wins be nice too?
sheriff Wrote:First I heard about the offense changing. Does coaches change their offense ever year? Or does Parsons just change it every year?

No, typically coaches keep the same offense so that players can grow in that offense and develop a comfort level.
I think somethings stay the same, I think parsons will run the same offense as he did last year. I heard(Rumor) that Coach Ortmayer was at Betsy Layne high school yesterday to talk to a couple of players. As soon as bub gets home, from lifting I will post any news.
bub?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:bub?
must not be home yet?
I've been home for a while....he never said a word! LOL
Coach Ortmayer, was there, he really liked Casey. To be honest he liked a couple others as well. Also to had to the fire, Pikeville Coach Joe Johnson was at school to talk to some juniors.
I dont look for Betsy Layne to win any more than 5 games any less than 2.

I highly doubt the University of Kentucky is going to take a player with average stats from a 1A team with a record of 3-7 playing one of the weakest schedules in the state. Would love to see another mountain kid go to a D-1 school but dont see it happening at Betsy Layne any time soon. Good luck on the upcoming season.
During open gym, the UK football Coach Ortmayer, watched some kids play ball. He fell in love with Casey Adkins. He also liked a couple of other players enough to invite them to camp as well. I think it would be nice to see a bobcat make it to the big screen. Why do you got to hate for, did you not forget that Kyle Howell from SF is playing at a great school in EKU. Its not D1, but its a great school. Also Casey was named CJ all state honorable mention in two positions. (LB &RB) Thats not half bad.
Congrats casey
sheriff Wrote:During open gym, the UK football Coach Ortmayer, watched some kids play ball. He fell in love with Casey Adkins. He also liked a couple of other players enough to invite them to camp as well. I think it would be nice to see a bobcat make it to the big screen. Why do you got to hate for, did you not forget that Kyle Howell from SF is playing at a great school in EKU. Its not D1, but its a great school. Also Casey was named CJ all state honorable mention in two positions. (LB &RB) Thats not half bad.

Actually, it is D1. And as much as I would like to see it happen I do not think any of these guys will be offered by UK. I don't think he (Casey) has the speed to be an SEC football player.
Even if he doesn't get offered it is good for the kid to get exposure. Once one D-1 college starts knocking on the door then there will be more knocking. So it could translate into a D-1AA school like EKU offering the kid. I would love to see it.
Casey's 40 yard dash, last time took was around 4.8 that was last year. I saw it on a combine paper he went to. Also don't talk it just makes you ignorant. EKU is not a D1 football school. They are a D1 basketball school.
sheriff Wrote:Casey's 40 yard dash, last time took was around 4.8 that was last year. I saw it on a combine paper he went to. Also don't talk it just makes you ignorant. EKU is not a D1 football school. They are a D1 basketball school.

Sorry to burst your bubble but EKU is a D1AA school in the Ohio Valley Conference. Go check it out for yourself. Maybe you shouldnt talk anymoreConfusedhh:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2198
I think if they let Dwight Jarrell run the offense, they will have there best season ever. He has a great mind of the game, and been a tremendous assest to their grade school program. His son is a great player, too bad he still has another year of grade school left. I know if I were his coach I would pencil him in as my starting QB immediately.
sheriff Wrote:Casey's 40 yard dash, last time took was around 4.8 that was last year. I saw it on a combine paper he went to. Also don't talk it just makes you ignorant. EKU is not a D1 football school. They are a D1 basketball school.
Relax it's ok...no one is trying to one up you or put Betsy Layne down or you down. Just stating EKU is D-1AA...have been since the early 80's when they started the division.