Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garrett Newsome quit Shelby Valley's Baseball team (RUMOR)
Is this true??? If so, DO you think SV is still going to be able to compete for district and maybe even a big title?

:popcorn:
I dont think so, not without him he had it all....to bad him and that Tanner Tackett who also quit got in to some bad things. BTW tanner was also an ACE for the Wildcats.

I hope as a parent that those boys turn their lifes around.....because they are ruining it.
:thatsfunn
I do not understand this thread at all....what's goin on?
Lleyton21 Wrote:I do not understand this thread at all....what's goin on?

Garrett Newsome quit the Wildcats team is what im still hearing. I dont see how this happend, But i dont realize why Garrett would have quit.. Hes played baseball since age 3 and he really coulda went to the next level in my book. I hope he didnt quit, But with or without him. I dont see them getting by Betsy Lane bobcats.
Another useless post brought to you by Shelby Valley.
whats the latest
14thregionrules Wrote:whats the latest

I talked to a person that knows him. and he did indeed quit, They said he wasnt all about baseball anymore (which shocks me cause the talent he had), they said he just loves fishing and concentrating on school work. i understand making something out of yourself by studying. But you shouldnt quit your favorite sport. You can always have time to study, But its his decision, just make the best of it. Maybe colleges will still look at you, you never know :Thumbs:
Him and Tanner both need to get it together and realize that life isnt a game, baseball is.
i also heard that colton "yote" damron quit? Is this true? if so this must be quite the blow for the wildcats. they lost a key right fielder with him leaving. although they still have dylan norman in the outfield.

i just dont know how SV is gonna do with district coming up and all these players quitting. its a shame what toll the baseball program has taken over the past couple years.

lets just hope matt "beardog" harris and dylan "crazylegs" norman dont get the bighead and leave. the outfield will suffer severely
Chris "Wildthing" Dotson has also quit....he is another 5* player.
pumatime Wrote:i also heard that colton "yote" damron quit? Is this true? if so this must be quite the blow for the wildcats. they lost a key right fielder with him leaving. although they still have dylan norman in the outfield.

i just dont know how SV is gonna do with district coming up and all these players quitting. its a shame what toll the baseball program has taken over the past couple years.

lets just hope matt "beardog" harris and dylan "crazylegs" norman dont get the bighead and leave. the outfield will suffer severely

Well i have seen a couple games this season and i think the best outfielder is donavon. He has the speed and he has a great arm. This Team ant going to do anything. They dont have the pitching. They didnt have it last year and still dont have. How many players ant playing from last years team. not the seniors the underclass?
Alpha_Male Wrote:Chris "Wildthing" Dotson has also quit....he is another 5* player.

This team only has one 5* player and that is cody varney. rusty roberts can be one and will be one.
Mr.cold Wrote:This team only has one 5* player and that is cody varney. rusty roberts can be one and will be one.

who is rusty roberts??
pumatime Wrote:who is rusty roberts??

He is the catcher and problley the best hitter on the team
so you must be his cousin?

just making judgements based on your absurd statements.
pumatime Wrote:so you must be his cousin?

just making judgements based on your absurd statements.

No. Just played with him my whole life and i know what he can do. I think he is the best all around player on the team.
Mr.cold Wrote:No. Just played with him my whole life and i know what he can do. I think he is the best all around player on the team.

if he was that amazing why wouldnt i even know who he is?

and i notice all your post revolve around rusty? hmm...

Confusedhh:
pumatime Wrote:if he was that amazing why wouldnt i even know who he is?

and i notice all your post revolve around rusty? hmm...

Confusedhh:

Well im not family. I just give him the credit that he sould get from eveyone. Without his bat and his catching skills this team would be hurting worst than they are.
Mr.cold Wrote:Well im not family. I just give him the credit that he sould get from eveyone. Without his bat and his catching skills this team would be hurting worst than they are.

i may know who you're talking about. if so, then yes he;s an thlete and not a bad baseball player. but what schools are looking at him?

and with SV baseball, without any starter on the field theyre hurting.
pumatime Wrote:i may know who you're talking about. if so, then yes he;s an thlete and not a bad baseball player. but what schools are looking at him?

and with SV baseball, without any starter on the field theyre hurting.

Yeah. He is just a junior so idk what schools are looking at him. But without him this team would miss him more than any other starter. This team ant going anywhere until they get some pitching. Who do they have that can go out and pitch and give them a chance of winning the game beside cody varney?
Mr.cold Wrote:Yeah. He is just a junior so idk what schools are looking at him. But without him this team would miss him more than any other starter. This team ant going anywhere until they get some pitching. Who do they have that can go out and pitch and give them a chance of winning the game beside cody varney?

i doubt they'd miss him more than any starter. devin newsome has great control, just dont have much back up. the only other kid ive seen them pitch is the bentley kid, but thats the first time hes pitched in years. and i know of atleast 3 seniors being looked at by schools on that team.
pumatime Wrote:i doubt they'd miss him more than any starter. devin newsome has great control, just dont have much back up. the only other kid ive seen them pitch is the bentley kid, but thats the first time hes pitched in years. and i know of atleast 3 seniors being looked at by schools on that team.

Yeah devin does have the control but can he go 5 or 6. This team needs one more pitcher and this team could have a shot at district title. But until then they dont have a shot
Mr.cold Wrote:Yeah devin does have the control but can he go 5 or 6. This team needs one more pitcher and this team could have a shot at district title. But until then they dont have a shot

devin can go 5 or 6. and pitching or not theyre not goin for a district title. sorry but its the truth.
Shelby Valley needs to bring up some of the middle school players to get some work on the JV team, I know that Matt "Beardog" Harris (freshman) and Wyatt "The Hutt" Branham (7th grader) are two of the best young hitters ive seen in years, Wyatt has a sky high BA right now and he is indeed a rising star at catcher. Some of the other young players on the middle school team also need to play up. That Issac "Pretty Face" Lucas throws "like a champ" for his age.He also throws a quote "Longhorn" as Wyatt told me once, these three players could be what shelby valley needs to have a successful program in the future.
AT the begging of the year most people thought that the valley team would not have any star players. You can say rusty roberts or cody varney but the real key to sucsess for this valley team lies in the hand of a freshman. this kid can do anything he is the most compleate athlete in baseball. He goes by the name of Steven "Primetime" George. I hear from a reliable source that this kid is being looked at by Florida,LSU, and Texas. Steven said he feels that the right choice is only at his home of Pikeville college. If i had the ability of this kid i would work hard and establish myself as the greatest to ever go threw baseball. Belive me when i say this kid is unstopable
OFFICIALLY the most trolled thread in BGR history.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This thread is killing me... Florida, LSU... you have got to be kidding me... lmfao
Confusedhh::Clap::rockon::notworthyNow I know what this thread is! Thanks!! It's a joke!! Its the funniest thread I ever read. Let's hear some more about the underclassmen....and you forgot to give varney a nickname -- is it Cody "Fear the Beard" Varney? lol
:Clap::rockon::popcorn::Clap::rockon::popcorn::
This is not a laughing matter with out some of these key peices they may fold the season.
And Cody does not have a nickname.