Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Knight commits to UK
Congrats Brandon, and welcome to the Big Blue Nation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
:rockon:
If someone can get me a link, that would be great.
I just saw on ESPNU though that Knight has commited to the University of Kentucky. Let the dominoes begin to fall!
Welcome to the Big Blue Nation!!! Brandon is now my new favorite player. Smart, great head on his shoulders, and fantastic player.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Remember folks, Nation of Blue broke this story first last night.
This Is Awesome!
Big get for the cats!!
Yes!
Up next Gilchrist!!! And then Lamb!!
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Up next Gilchrist!!! And then Lamb!!

is Lamb announcing today??
This is really not a surprise to me...Of the players you huys have talked about the only one i would be surprised to see commit is terrence jones....Brandon knight i think has the potential to be better than wall...and from watching this kid play some his stats could be better than walls...He is not going to WOO the crowd as much as wall...but this kid can shoot...he can take it to the goal, he has some speed (nothing compared ot wall) and he has great court vision! This is a great pick up and besides kyrie ervin there isnt a better guard in ths class...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:This is really not a surprise to me...Of the players you huys have talked about the only one i would be surprised to see commit is terrence jones....Brandon knight i think has the potential to be better than wall...and from watching this kid play some his stats could be better than walls...He is not going to WOO the crowd as much as wall...but this kid can shoot...he can take it to the goal, he has some speed (nothing compared ot wall) and he has great court vision! This is a great pick up and besides kyrie ervin there isnt a better guard in ths class...

Athletically speaking, I don't think Knight can touch Wall, but Knight can score in different ways that Wall struggles to - which is from behind the arc and from mid-range.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Athletically speaking, I don't think Knight can touch Wall, but Knight can score in different ways that Wall struggles to - which is from behind the arc and from mid-range.

Exactly but Knight is athletic though...Nothing compared to wall though! Knight could be the missing link to last years team with a consistentoutside shot...Im not knocking wall or anything but he cant shoot to save his life....However he can score ANYTIME he wanted too! I think knight will be great fit for UK and there uptempo style...I just dont see them winning a title though! I could see another elite 8 with 30+ wins though! If cal can get some players to stay then he will have the shot at another title i think
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Exactly but Knight is athletic though...Nothing compared to wall though! Knight could be the missing link to last years team with a consistentoutside shot...Im not knocking wall or anything but he cant shoot to save his life....However he can score ANYTIME he wanted too! I think knight will be great fit for UK and there uptempo style...I just dont see them winning a title though! I could see another elite 8 with 30+ wins though! If cal can get some players to stay then he will have the shot at another title i think

I don't know.

If these freshman can play defense and score from the outside and from the free throw line, we're going to be tough to beat.

What held Kentucky back was that we couldn't shoot from the outside. Everyone, and I mean everyone knows that if we could have shot the ball better we would have won the Final Four.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't know.

If these freshman can play defense and score from the outside and from the free throw line, we're going to be tough to beat.

What held Kentucky back was that we couldn't shoot from the outside. Everyone, and I mean everyone knows that if we could have shot the ball better we would have won the Final Four.

I have to agree with you...But i have to say that UK had shooters they were just "confidence shooters" If they made there first one they were on like donkey kong! Of not they were bad and i mean bad! They players i am talking about is bledsoe and miller
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:I have to agree with you...But i have to say that UK had shooters they were just "confidence shooters" If they made there first one they were on like donkey kong! Of not they were bad and i mean bad! They players i am talking about is bledsoe and miller

Only true shooter we had was Dodson.

Wall, Bledsoe, Miller, Liggins, etc where all slashers.
Big blue
Does this mean we should also land Leslie?
Strikeout King Wrote:is Lamb announcing today??

I don't think so. I think he's announcing Saturday.
I think he is announcing halftime of a game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
king360 Wrote:Does this mean we should also land Leslie?

Doubt it...
I hear he's leaning towards NC State.
This only helps the cause though, as Leslie said he wanted to play with Knight.
If we get Jones I really would not mind if you do not get Leslie! I think that Jones is a little more polished and should be a more complete player as a freshmen.
[SIZE="4"]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Only true shooter we had was Dodson.

Wall, Bledsoe, Miller, Liggins, etc where all slashers.

Pst. Steaky at best.
zaga_fan Wrote:Doubt it...
I hear he's leaning towards NC State.
This only helps the cause though, as Leslie said he wanted to play with Knight.

Link?
Great grab....Even though it was pretty much known since Wall left
Knight is a great young man, hes going to be a great one for coach cal.
The first recruit I can remember with this kind of academic ability coming out of high school
[SIZE="4"]
Im sorry coach Phillips, I love ya....but man i cant wait for basketball season to get here.
Possibly a two year guy here, hopefully any way. I just don't see the Cats with the experience next year to make this anything other than a really exciting team. If ant 5 Cats entering the draft don't come back, we really are just turning over talent without the kind of leadership needed to win a champsionship.
*IF* Knight is a two year player..and Gilchrist the next season...with the many add-ons...Uk could be scary...Anyway Go Cuse!! :biggrin: