Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke wins the 2010 National Championship
Let's see West Virgina beat UK by 7 and Duke beat West Virgina by 21. Yet some how some think UK was better?

Way to g DUKE.
Garbage..

NCAA needs to start playing series in this tournament.. best 2/3.. so that way the best team would prevail everytime. Duke played noone in this tourney, very lucky on their part. 9/10 UK would have beaten anyone in NCAA. True story. Funny thing is UK got beat out of the elite 8 and still finished with a better record then Duke. What a waste.
Duke continues to prove that if you play solid basketball and limit your mistakes you will win. Their bracket was the easiest on paper but to be honest Kentucky had a much easier road considering they didn't have to play Texas and got to face a 12 seed to go to the Elite Eight. Then consider that the Cats were playing a WVU team without their starting point guard. Bottom line, Duke is holding the trophy, they survived and did what they had to do to win, and that's what the tournament is all about.
Ballers Wrote:Garbage..

NCAA needs to start playing series in this tournament.. best 2/3.. so that way the best team would prevail everytime. Duke played noone in this tourney, very lucky on their part. 9/10 UK would have beaten anyone in NCAA. True story. Funny thing is UK got beat out of the elite 8 and still finished with a better record then Duke. What a waste.
maybe UK played a weaker schedule?
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm not really a fan of claiming titles of while you weren't alive, so I count it Duke 4 titles UK 2.

It was a totally different game when Rupp won some of those titles.

What does it matter if you were alive or not? I can't claim any of Kentucky's titles for myself because I wasn't on any of those teams. But when you are talking about the schools why shouldn't they be able to claim them?
I just cant stand the fact that the committee gave them the benefit of a 1 seed when they should have been a 2 and then places them in the easiest bracket... I just dont understand it. And for the comparisons with WVU beating UK by 7, really, look at the two WVU teams playing in those games, do they look like the same team. Not at all, 8/10 times UK would have beaten WVU but no one can expect a teams that averages 1 three per game to go off and hit 10-12. Duke did what they had to do and they benefited from the selection committees decision. Not their fault but still frustrating for teams like Kansas and Kentucky.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:What does it matter if you were alive or not? I can't claim any of Kentucky's titles for myself because I wasn't on any of those teams. But when you are talking about the schools why shouldn't they be able to claim them?

I'm not saying the schools can't claim them, I'm just saying if I'm debating with one of my friends, UK only has 2 titles while my friend and I been alive, while Duke has 4. UK was the shiznit back in the day, and have won a few since, but Duke has been possibly the top program of the past 20+ years.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I just cant stand the fact that the committee gave them the benefit of a 1 seed when they should have been a 2 and then places them in the easiest bracket... I just dont understand it. And for the comparisons with WVU beating UK by 7, really, look at the two WVU teams playing in those games, do they look like the same team. Not at all, 8/10 times UK would have beaten WVU but no one can expect a teams that averages 1 three per game to go off and hit 10-12. Duke did what they had to do and they benefited from the selection committees decision. Not their fault but still frustrating for teams like Kansas and Kentucky.

Duke would have took WVU's place in the Elite 8 game and kicked UK's butt all over the floor that night just like WVU did, so be glad Duke got the 1. UK fans did not want put out of the tournament by the Dukies. With your high expectations of UK's season, you all would want Calipari gone if Duke would have knocked him out of the tournament.

I just wish we could quit with the "should have" "could have" "what if" on UK's part, Duke got the 1 and OBVIOUSLY they deserved it. How about we continue to talk about teams that should have been in the tournament and got snubbed more than we talk about teams getting the "supposedly" wrong seed.
Ballers Wrote:Garbage..

So as a UK fan, you would have traded games with Duke and have played Baylor instead of Cornell? No you wouldn't have. You're a liar if you say you would have liked to have played Baylor in this tournament rather than Cornell.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Duke would have took WVU's place in the Elite 8 game and kicked UK's butt all over the floor that night just like WVU did, so be glad Duke got the 1. UK fans did not want put out of the tournament by the Dukies. With your high expectations of UK's season, you all would want Calipari gone if Duke would have knocked him out of the tournament.

I just wish we could quit with the "should have" "could have" "what if" on UK's part, Duke got the 1 and OBVIOUSLY they deserved it. How about we continue to talk about teams that should have been in the tournament and got snubbed more than we talk about teams getting the "supposedly" wrong seed.

As much as I would hate to agree with a Duke fan, you are right. I didn't think Duke deserved a 1 seed when the brackets were release, but they won when it mattered, unlike UK.
from the time UK was knocked out I had no doubt Coach K would win this one. I dislike Duke as much as the next guy, but Coach K is awesome.
I think its a shame how Butler got railroaded in this game. Officiating at some points was very questionable. Zubek clearly fouled out when he hit Howard accross the face to get position for a late rebound. Sheyer's feet were moving and he jumped into the path of Heyward on a basket that got waved off that should have been a plus 1. Wow three points difference that would have made it 62-61. But I hate seeing a team cheated out of a victory. This puts a black eye on a great story. But Bulter should be very good for years to come if they can keep their coach. ESPN reported that they have more top 100 recruits than Syracuse so far for next year. Maybe next year can be their year. Great coaching job for Butler though. He seems to be maybe a future great.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Duke would have took WVU's place in the Elite 8 game and kicked UK's butt all over the floor that night just like WVU did, so be glad Duke got the 1. UK fans did not want put out of the tournament by the Dukies. With your high expectations of UK's season, you all would want Calipari gone if Duke would have knocked him out of the tournament.

NO!! If you poll the country they did not deserve the 4th number one let alone getting the #1 1 seeds draw. Dont start this kind of of crap, when it is obvious that Duke got the committee's nod to be a number 1 seed when West Virginia was more worthy. You can spit all the bull about Duke beating UK because Duke beat WVU but I do not see it. The fact that UK matched up well with Duke and that no way unless Duke has one of those special nights like WVU had, does the Dukies outlast UK. I still have a hard time seeing way anyone around eastern ky would like Duke other than the fact that they just want to cheer for a team that is always going to get attention.

MAIN POINT: Duke made the most of their fantastic draw, as they should have. Now warp that anyway you want but you will never convince me that Duke had a challenging road to the championship game. Now go enjoy the win and pick up on UK next year when they are further in the tourney.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:NO!! If you poll the country they did not deserve the 4th number one let alone getting the #1 1 seeds draw. Dont start this kind of of crap, when it is obvious that Duke got the committee's nod to be a number 1 seed when West Virginia was more worthy. You can spit all the bull about Duke beating UK because Duke beat WVU but I do not see it. The fact that UK matched up well with Duke and that no way unless Duke has one of those special nights like WVU had, does the Dukies outlast UK. I still have a hard time seeing way anyone around eastern ky would like Duke other than the fact that they just want to cheer for a team that is always going to get attention.

MAIN POINT: Duke made the most of their fantastic draw, as they should have. Now warp that anyway you want but you will never convince me that Duke had a challenging road to the championship game. Now go enjoy the win and pick up on UK next year when they are further in the tourney.

I'll say this again because I guess you haven't read the whole thread, I did not grow up here, I was born and raised in Ohio for 10 years, I had no affiliation with UK and chose on my own to like Duke.
They are loosing quite a bit aren't they?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:NO!! If you poll the country they did not deserve the 4th number one let alone getting the #1 1 seeds draw. Dont start this kind of of crap, when it is obvious that Duke got the committee's nod to be a number 1 seed when West Virginia was more worthy. You can spit all the bull about Duke beating UK because Duke beat WVU but I do not see it. The fact that UK matched up well with Duke and that no way unless Duke has one of those special nights like WVU had, does the Dukies outlast UK. I still have a hard time seeing way anyone around eastern ky would like Duke other than the fact that they just want to cheer for a team that is always going to get attention.

So the fact that Duke stomped West Virginia in the Elite 8 doesn't prove this to not be true?:please:
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'll say this again because I guess you haven't read the whole thread, I did not grow up here, I was born and raised in Ohio for 10 years, I had no affiliation with UK and chose on my own to like Duke.

I knew that you probably didnt grow up a UK fan or anything but is there a connection or anything to why you like Duke. Look I do not want to slight Duke in the very least. They played the best out of those 6 games and took care of the teams that they were suppose to beat. That is what champions do. They have my congrats but I still do not agree with the way they got to the seed.

Brooks4Prez Wrote:So the fact that Duke stomped West Virginia in the Elite 8 doesn't prove this to not be true?:please:

Final Four.
And no because Duke was rewarded at the beginning of the touney with a 1 seed (that they had a case for) but should NO WAY been in front of WVU who won the Big East tourney and had a stronger resume. I know that Duke showed up and played and beat the tar out of the WVU UK played a week earlier but in no way was that anywhere close to the same team that showed up for the cats. So yes after it all is said and done it looked like Duke was a better team but GOING INTO THE TOURNEY, they got rewarded ahead of WVU and Kansas and Kentucky for that matter. It will be like this every year but this just seemed a little slighted.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Final Four.
And no because Duke was rewarded at the beginning of the touney with a 1 seed (that they had a case for) but should NO WAY been in front of WVU who won the Big East tourney and had a stronger resume. I know that Duke showed up and played and beat the tar out of the WVU UK played a week earlier but in no way was that anywhere close to the same team that showed up for the cats. So yes after it all is said and done it looked like Duke was a better team but GOING INTO THE TOURNEY, they got rewarded ahead of WVU and Kansas and Kentucky for that matter. It will be like this every year but this just seemed a little slighted.

Didn't WVU shoot a better FT%, 3PT%, and FG% against Duke?
Wish coach K would come to the nets and leave so it will be easier for UK lol
cougarpride08 Wrote:They are loosing quite a bit aren't they?

Who?

Duke loses 3. Lance Tomas, Brian Zubek and Jon Scyher

I believe Butler only loses 2 players, not sure tho
NYY10 Wrote:Who?

Duke loses 3. Lance Tomas, Brian Zubek and Jon Scyher

I believe Butler only loses 2 players, not sure tho

BUT! They gain Seth Curry, Kyrie Irving, and Josh Hairston.
PC_You_Know Wrote:BUT! They gain Seth Curry, Kyrie Irving, and Josh Hairston.

agree.. 3 great players, hopefully Singler stays another year. I believe Nolan will be there again next year!
Brooks4Prez Wrote:So the fact that Duke stomped West Virginia in the Elite 8 doesn't prove this to not be true?:please:
No it does not. No more than Butler beating a #1 seed, a #2 seed, and then losing to Duke by only 2 points in the championship game proved that the Bulldogs deserved a #1 seed instead of a #5 seed.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Didn't WVU shoot a better FT%, 3PT%, and FG% against Duke?

They made double the amount of threes in the UK game. 8 in the first half. With their average being 1-2 per game...... It is just one of those mental things you know. They had close fg% on both nights but the biggest factor was their outside shooting. Hey dont get me wrong, Duke did what they had to do to beat the teams they where suppose to beat.
The Duke fan in me was happy by this as was the part of me that knows some Kentucky fans can't stand this but the Butler fan in me was saddened.
Well, I can't wait to see what these big bad Duke players do in the NBA.

Let me tell you what they are going to do.

Sit on the bench, or either get dunked on by Cousins/Howard/Lebron/ etc..
Ballers Wrote:Well, I can't wait to see what these big bad Duke players do in the NBA.

Let me tell you what they are going to do.

Sit on the bench, or either get dunked on by Cousins/Howard/Lebron/ etc..

Lol, I love to here the jealous college fan throw out the "Let's see what they do in the Pro's". I saw it all fall about Tebow, that he will make a horrible Pro QB.

WHO CARES what they do in the Pro's! This thread is in the College Basketball thread, so it's about how they do/did in the COLLEGE ranks, and as much as I hate to say it, dUKe did everything they were supposed to do to WIN a championship. They are COLLEGE champions, and who gives a hoot about whether they ever do anything in the Pro's or not! They proved that it's not about individual players, it's about TEAM!

Hat's off the the best team in college Basketball when it counted.
Stardust Wrote:Lol, I love to here the jealous college fan throw out the "Let's see what they do in the Pro's". I saw it all fall about Tebow, that he will make a horrible Pro QB.

WHO CARES what they do in the Pro's! This thread is in the College Basketball thread, so it's about how they do/did in the COLLEGE ranks, and as much as I hate to say it, dUKe did everything they were supposed to do to WIN a championship. They are COLLEGE champions, and who gives a hoot about whether they ever do anything in the Pro's or not! They proved that it's not about individual players, it's about TEAM!

True. I completely agree!
Stardust Wrote:Lol, I love to here the jealous college fan throw out the "Let's see what they do in the Pro's". I saw it all fall about Tebow, that he will make a horrible Pro QB.

pretty good post dusty!!
If you take the past 10 years into account, this is the worse champion team. Duke was the fourth best team in this years tournament behind Kansas, Kansas State, and Kentucky. Singler had the game of his life though, he d'd Hayward's butt off. Duke better be glad that WV beat Kentucky. Kentucky would have beat Duke 25+

Can't Spell dUKe wit out UK!