Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Championships in Bowling Green
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but, I think the only reason that the State Tournament was played at WKU was because of the renovations that are/was taking place at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. I could be way out in left field with that.

It was my understanding that the Big East, and Louisville could not confirmed to the KHSAA that the dates for the High School State Championship game would be available in Papa John's Stadium. So the KHSAA had to look for another option. IMO at going to both places, I thought WKU was better anyway.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:If you remember the Sweet 16 was held in Freedom Hall not too long ago.

If you want to call 17 years ago "not too long ago".
Thunder Lips Wrote:If you want to call 17 years ago "not too long ago".

yea when i was in school when travis ford and madisonville made it 4 yrs in a row, the went to both Lexingon and Louisville
Its almost as bad as the H1N1 virus,it took me 45 minutes to get from level 4 of the parking garage down to the entrance.i hope when the contract is up they dont go back to western.I just dont think wastern is equipped to handle the state games.
I think ive already posted on this at the start of the thread,any way it was terrible.
Parking was a mess, but I am familiar with the Western campus and I got parked quickly and got out even quicker. I had a friend that went along in a different car and parked in the garage. Had to wait an hour at the restruant for him to get there, and we both left the game at the same time.
Anyone that had problems parking (even for the 4A game) is simply incompetent. If you don't know where to park at WKU then it is your fault. I was in and out a whole **** of a lot quicker for every game than I would have ever of been at Papa Johns. Not to mention it was a much better venue. And you don't believe it was a better venue then again, there is no helping you.
Move the games to Richmond....
Thunder Lips Wrote:Anyone that had problems parking (even for the 4A game) is simply incompetent. If you don't know where to park at WKU then it is your fault. I was in and out a whole **** of a lot quicker for every game than I would have ever of been at Papa Johns. Not to mention it was a much better venue. And you don't believe it was a better venue then again, there is no helping you.

I liked the stadium at Western, that was no problem. Of course if you don't know where to park at Papa Johns then it is your own fault. I was in and out a whole lot quicker at Papa Johns then I ever was at Western. Anyone who has problems parking at Papa Johns is simply incompetent.
I never had problems parking at PJ's either. I must not be incompetent.
If the only thing you can complain about is the parking then thats just selfish. The atomosphere for the games was amazing. Since its only their first year they will figure out the parking, give them time. EKU would be awesome place to hold it if they did upgrade their seating and faucilities. Then every two years you could alternate, it would be a big help to these two smaller schools in Kentucky. :Thumbs: