Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Championships in Bowling Green
Coach Howard Wrote:I am in Eastern Kentucky and the trip is close to 4 hours for either place and my preference would be to get it back to Louisville as quickly as possible. I do like the idea of having it at the EKU campus in the future.

It will never be at EKU due to the middle school bleachers on one side of the field.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I dont know of any teams that stay overnight before the games,i know Boyle county didnt.

Because KHSAA wouldn't pay but for 50 some people to stay all night when we have 120 to transport to each game. Boyle team had to eat sandwiches all day, after our school offered a nice breakfast.
last year Bell was like celebrities they even ended up in Knoxville and practiced on UT's practice field and they played the saturday game. They left a day or two early and if i am not badly mistaken they stayed in a hotel in or around Louisville are which my Uncle lives in Louisville, he lives so close to the stadium well put it this way he live directly across the downs he walks to alot of the horse races, my cousin played last year for Bell and our uncle came and watched him play but he is up there in age and he was sick, he got cold and walked home halfway through the 3rd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WTF? :please:
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:last year Bell was like celebrities they even ended up in Knoxville and practiced on UT's practice field and they played the saturday game. They left a day or two early and if i am not badly mistaken they stayed in a hotel in or around Louisville are which my Uncle lives in Louisville, he lives so close to the stadium well put it this way he live directly across the downs he walks to alot of the horse races, my cousin played last year for Bell and our uncle came and watched him play but he is up there in age and he was sick, he got cold and walked home halfway through the 3rd quarter

What? Did you forget your meds before this post? Just kidding.

I felt like the games were great. The parking was rough, but parking is always rough, just ask the students. Everything else was fantastic, the games, the stadium, the city, everything. I think it's a much better place than PJCS.
Thunder Lips Wrote:It will never be at EKU due to the middle school bleachers on one side of the field.

Why can't everyone sit on the same side?
tradition Wrote:Why can't everyone sit on the same side?

For a state championship game? Come on, man! EKU would be a bush league set up for the state championship games.
Thunder Lips Wrote:For a state championship game? Come on, man! EKU would be a bush league set up for the state championship games.

I sit on the same side as the visitors for every home game at Highlands and I don't think it's bush league.

Back in the day, many state games the crowd sat on the same side. Heck 34 years ago this year I was at the Highlands state game played at Western and everyone sat on the same side.
Playing a game at Highlands isn't the state championship game. Much has changed in the 34 years since the championship games were played at WKU.

Playing the games at EKU would be a slap in the face to the progress Kentucky high school football has made the past 25 years or so IMO.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Playing a game at Highlands isn't the state championship game. Much has changed in the 34 years since the championship games were played at WKU.

Playing the games at EKU would be a slap in the face to the progress Kentucky high school football has made the past 25 years or so IMO.

"Thunder Lips is here. In the flesh... baby." :lmao:
"To all my love slaves out there...Thunder Lips is here!":Clap:
Thunder Lips Wrote:Playing a game at Highlands isn't the state championship game. Much has changed in the 34 years since the championship games were played at WKU.

There are games where that is debatable.

If your team is lucky enough to make it to the championship you really don't care where it is being played. I guess you don't know about that.
tradition Wrote:If your team is lucky enough to make it to the championship you really don't care where it is being played. I guess you don't know about that.
While my team isn't Highlands, it has been to the championship game more than most teams in the state. I sure as **** don't want to sit on the same side as the opponent in a state championship game or sit on some band bleachers of a college stadium.

Perhaps it would be a slap in your mind, but not in my mind. I've got no problem with sitting on the same side of the field with the fans of my opponent. Not really sure how it is a slap in the face to the progress we've made as long as there are enough seats for everyone. Heck we are there to cheer on young men playing a game they love to play. Does it really matter if we are on the same side of the field?
I would like to see the state finals played at a more central location such as Commonwealth Stadium. Lexington would be a great town to host the state finals. I don't know if this will ever happen but having the finals at Bowling Green doesn't make sense to me. The only good thing about having the finals at Bowling Green would be getting to go to Nashville.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I would like to see the state finals played at a more central location such as Commonwealth Stadium. Lexington would be a great town to host the state finals. I don't know if this will ever happen but having the finals at Bowling Green doesn't make sense to me. The only good thing about having the finals at Bowling Green would be getting to go to Nashville.

Central location for who?

WKU is much more centrally located for Lone Oak, Paducah Tilghman, Mayfield, and Ft. Campbell.

It is just as convenient for any school in Louisville area school.
Thunder Lips Wrote:"To all my love slaves out there...Thunder Lips is here!":Clap:

Awesome! :notworthy
We have schools on this side of the state to so to be fare
they need to split itb every other year BG one year and EKU
the next that is the only fare way to do it .
I agree with 99PF
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:We have schools on this side of the state to so to be fare
So to be "fare", we should rotate the sweet 16 between UL, WKU, and Lexington?
I think the state finals at WKU was great!! The games had a big time atmosphere and I felt like the smaller stadium had something to do with that. Parking was bad, but other than that I felt like it was a fun weekend for fans of football..
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:We have schools on this side of the state to so to be fare

Yes. I think alternating it every year or every two years would be something to think about. Maybe having it EkU, WKU, then maybe UofL again.

UK should just open there doors. The state championship games would prob be the most competive games played there anyways haha.
I loved it, the smaller stadium did not have a bad seat in it, I attended all but the 6A game and never had any parking issues. Loved the Hilltopper club for getting out of the conditions and still being able to watch the game. Great buffett in there. Scottsville Road was awful and I wish the hotels were closer as they are in Louisville. Much shorter drive for me and I glad they will be there again next year as I suspect Mayfield will return given they return the bulk of this years team
But EKU stadium SUCKS!!!!!
What about Murruy State Stadium.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:It's absurd for any team to travel 5+ hrs to play football. They need to quit thinking about money and think about the kids and their parents, many of which are burdened economically.

i just looked this up on google maps took the farest team from the west which is Paducah and from there to Louisville is 217miles to B.G its only 150miles... and from the east i took Belfry and from there to Louisville is 231miles and to B.G its 277 miles so it works out the same really there both in the middle of the state ones just north the other south,one team may have to travel a little futher than the other depending where they play...
cavery59 Wrote:What about Murruy State Stadium.

cant do that you got to try to make the travel close to equal with teams on both ends of the state..
It will never be at EKU unless there is a major facilities upgrade. Murray isn't close to being a central location. Will also never be at commenwealth because they have natural grass and not turf. A bad weather week and the field would be awful after two of the six games.
Correct me if I am wrong but, I think the only reason that the State Tournament was played at WKU was because of the renovations that are/was taking place at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. I could be way out in left field with that.
Thunder Lips Wrote:So to be "fare", we should rotate the sweet 16 between UL, WKU, and Lexington?

If you remember the Sweet 16 was held in Freedom Hall not too long ago.