Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jared Lorenzen returns to Highlands as their new QB Coach
I think this was a great move by Mueller and his staff. Its great to have a player of his caliber teaching the younger kids what it takes to be successful both at the college level as well as the pro level. Its always nice to see a Highlands-Alum return to coach for his school.

Only problem now is that it will make it that much harder for my Scott Eagles in our district! Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Great move by the Bluebirds and I wish him great success in his new position.
So im guessing he got released by the Giants?
He has been released from an NFL team for two full seasons now. If im not mistaken Lorenzen played this last season in Lexington for the Horseman.
It's a good deal!
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I think this was a great move by Mueller and his staff. Its great to have a player of his caliber teaching the younger kids what it takes to be successful both at the college level as well as the pro level. Its always nice to see a Highlands-Alum return to coach for his school.

Only problem now is that it will make it that much harder for my Scott Eagles in our district! Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Great move by the Bluebirds and I wish him great success in his new position.
this doesn't effect Scott one bit since they have never beaten Highlands with or without doughboy coaching at Highlands
By the way my comment wasn't a slam on Scott. I guess it's not really their fault. Their all time record vs Highlands is 0-29.
But under the current district alignment I guess that's par for the course 0-20 versus CovCath, and 1-27 versus Dixie lone win coming on Sept 12, 1986.
So Scott is 1-76 versus their current district foes.
Great move by the Birds!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
nky Wrote:By the way my comment wasn't a slam on Scott. I guess it's not really their fault. Their all time record vs Highlands is 0-29.
But under the current district alignment I guess that's par for the course 0-20 versus CovCath, and 1-27 versus Dixie lone win coming on Sept 12, 1986.
So Scott is 1-76 versus their current district foes.

I compare this move like adding salt to an already big wound. As a Scott fan its hard to take but its hard to see anything changing anytime soon. However, Scott does have the right coach now in my opinion to get those changes started. The question is just how long will it take?
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I compare this move like adding salt to an already big wound. As a Scott fan its hard to take but its hard to see anything changing anytime soon. However, Scott does have the right coach now in my opinion to get those changes started. The question is just how long will it take?
or how will he stay. But that's a topic for another thread
Good luck
Jared has been a plus to the Fort Thomas community since his years with UK and the Giants. His home is here and he is raising his children here. He volunteers his time with many youth leagues and lends his time to future QB's when asked. He will be an asset to the Highlands coaching staff. He understands it more than a coach coming from another school. All the best to Jared. We understand how blessed we are here in the Fort. I'm just glad that Jaren understands that it is all about giving back.:Thumbs:
He will truly move Highlands to even more dominate club.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Congrats to Coach Lorenzen.
How much will his presence impact a team that will run the ball 90-95% of the time?
Rob Van Winkle Wrote:Congrats to Coach Lorenzen.
How much will his presence impact a team that will run the ball 90-95% of the time?

HHS has never been "Just about the Run". During Jared and Gino's years, they still ran more than pass, but it is the timing of the pass that has killed the opposition. Jared will develop the QB that "CAN" pass, that then make's the run game even more potent.
Stardust Wrote:HHS has never been "Just about the Run". During Jared and Gino's years, they still ran more than pass, but it is the timing of the pass that has killed the opposition. Jared will develop the QB that "CAN" pass, that then make's the run game even more potent.

Correct. While Mueller prefers the run over the pass (and when you can run the ball effectively, why not), he adjusts his offense and play calling to the talent on offense and to the defense he is playing. If Highlands can win state championships running the ball 90 to 95% of the time, I'm all for doing so.