Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Point guards in the 58th
Who do you think has the best game and why?
Ryan Johnson from sf because he has the ability to take over the game by driving inside,passing, or shooting 3's
nathan lafferty from betsy layne is a good point guard also. he doesn't take any bad shots plus and gets his teamates involed.
Ryan Johnson -SF
Michael Stephens-P'burg
RYAN JOHNSON IS NOT THE BEST IN THE 58TH! HE TRYS TO SHOW OFF AND HE HAS NOTHING TO SHOW OFF ABOUT. SF NEEDS A NEW POINT GUARD! HE ONLY THINKS ABOUT HIMSELF. YEAH, HE DOES HAVE A FEW GOOD GAMES. BUT HE IS WAY OVERRATED!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: 8)
r. johnson is not overrated, when he has his head in the game he is the best in the region he can shoot pass rebound and drive he is a all around p gurad he can do it all
ryan j by far
Ryan Johnson is a good player, but in all honesty I wouldn't have him on my team. The kid has an attitude problem and lets it be seen out on the court. He reminds me of a miniature version of Seth Kiser. Hall seems to be doing a good job punishing him though. But he needs a big attitude adjustment. Id go with Michael Stephens, Trevor Compton, and Nathan Lafferty any day of the week.
"HotsAuCe24" Wrote:nathan lafferty from betsy layne is a good point guard also. he doesn't take any bad shots plus and gets his teamates involed.
im glad the he finally found somewhere he could play because it took him 3 tries
Ryan johnson is the best pg in the 58th if not 15th he can take over a game at any time he wants to....i've seen him do it
Quote:RYAN JOHNSON IS NOT THE BEST IN THE 58TH! HE TRYS TO SHOW OFF AND HE HAS NOTHING TO SHOW OFF ABOUT. SF NEEDS A NEW POINT GUARD! HE ONLY THINKS ABOUT HIMSELF. YEAH, HE DOES HAVE A FEW GOOD GAMES. BUT HE IS WAY OVERRATED!!!

Is someone a little jealous? Why get so upset over Ryan Johnson being one the best if not the best point guards in the district?

I think that Rayn Johnson is the best point guard in the disrict, he just needs to calm his attitude down sometimes. He can handle the ball, drive into the lane, and shoot from the outside, while getting the ball to his inside men and other outside shooters when needed.
Stephens and Compton are a good duo at Pburg. Stephens has speed and moves that can break down any D and Compton has 500+ career assist, nough said. I think Lafferty at BL has found a home and has done a great job on that team this year. Johnson from SF has the potential and ability to be great but attitude sometimes gets in his way.
"T-Balls" Wrote:Ryan johnson is the best pg in the 58th if not 15th he can take over a game at any time he wants to....i've seen him do it

Take over a game......Please tell what you think that is. Ryan Johnson would be lucky to take over any game. He might hit a few shots but he isnt taking over anything. If a player takes over a game, alot of the time that means he is selfish. I know for a fact ryan johnson isnt the best player on his team. Why would he take it over?..u said uve seen it...
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Ryan Johnson is a good player, but in all honesty I wouldn't have him on my team. The kid has an attitude problem and lets it be seen out on the court. He reminds me of a miniature version of Seth Kiser. Hall seems to be doing a good job punishing him though. But he needs a big attitude adjustment. Id go with Michael Stephens, Trevor Compton, and Nathan Lafferty any day of the week.

Agreed.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Ryan Johnson is a good player, but in all honesty I wouldn't have him on my team. The kid has an attitude problem and lets it be seen out on the court. He reminds me of a miniature version of Seth Kiser. Hall seems to be doing a good job punishing him though. But he needs a big attitude adjustment. Id go with Michael Stephens, Trevor Compton, and Nathan Lafferty any day of the week.

Hall punishes him a lot in practice as well as on the court, he brings him to the side a lot to try and calm him down. Ryan needs to learn to keep his head in the game.
1.) Michael Stephens
2.) Trevor Compton
3.) Nathan Lafferty
4.) Ryan Johnson
I wouldn't have Ryan Johnson on my team either, but I'm going to say Nathan Lafferty and Michael Stephens are the top 2 PG's in the region, Trevor usually plays the 2 but when he plays the point he has to be considered one of the best in the 58th too.
sorry, I didn't mean top 2 in region, I meant the district.
Anyone that says they wouldn't want Ryan Johnson on their team is lying. There is always a way to break kids and its seems as if Coach Hall has. Why wouldn't you want Ryan on your team? He can handle the rock as well as shoot it, he may have some temper problems, but I would rather have a kid with an attitude that can shoot, then one without one that can't lol. It's all about winning, and Ryan is smart enough to know that he has to keep his cool in these games.
With that being said, I'd still rather have Compton.
Yeah for Real Gish... I would take Ryan Johnson and Michael Stephens........... Ryan is a good player and he deserves some resepct.. He help lead his team to an All A Title.....And when he is under control he is very dangerous..Barry has done a good job of keeping Ryan in line...
""? Barry has done a good job of keeping Ryan in line? Existing in reality, eh? And then what happened?
Those are respectable opinions, he just doesn't impress me, I'd take Lafferty from Betsy Layne, Michael Stephens or Trevor Compton from P-burg over him any day though.
How can you be the best and not even make the all Conference Team? Hello!