Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 69 Betsy Layne 61 (15th Region Championship)
You left out he holds the most steals ever made in Kentucky High School's. It's well over 500, the record was 499.
bobcatfan1 Wrote:newman did play a great game and has not been held back two years to prove it I think its a disgrace that valley holds their boys back just to win in tournaments. way to play bobcats.:rockon:

Are you serious? I can't believe a Betsy Layne fan said this.
bobcatfan1 Wrote:has not been held back two years to prove it I think its a disgrace that valley holds their boys back just to win in tournaments. way to play bobcats.:rockon:

:please: Hurry shut down the thread.. Call for the mods to suspend the poster. lol...Where are all the BL faithful that dared anyone to mention the word "holdback"? How soon we forget... I'm sure everyone would agreed the boys from Valley are good young men, just like the boys from BL. I'm sure they get on here and read these posts as well...So where are all the people from BL that were so offended when the word holdback was used. Oh wait, you can only call out the kids from other school, and yes they are high school kids doing what they love to do... Valley is the real deal. Good luck @ Rupp!
You need to stop throwing off on j. Newman he is an excellent player and was never held back. I know for a fact that e.j. Was held back at least one year and everybody in pike co. Knows it. When you have to hold one back at least one year to play ball its a disgrace.
bobcatfan1 Wrote:You need to stop throwing off on j. Newman he is an excellent player and was never held back. I know for a fact that e.j. Was held back at least one year and everybody in pike co. Knows it. When you have to hold one back at least one year to play ball its a disgrace.

so what, its 1 year. Who Cares!!
I don't know why everyone picks on Elisha being held back a year like it would have mattered. Elisha dominated the region last year as a Junior, technically a Senior, so what does it matter?
^ I'm like you guys, what does being held back a year have to do with anything? It is perfectly acceptable and I would venture to say that most all teams have or have had at least one hold back. Heck, I look back with regret all the time for not being a hold back myself!
bobcatfan1 Wrote:When you have to hold one back at least one year to play ball its a disgrace.

Just curious, do you think the Betsy Layne middle school team is a disgrace?
Well if you pick on Elisha, you better head to Pikeville because Devon Burchett and Anthony Evans, I know for sure were held back, maybe more. Check East Ridge and Pike Central and see if you don't find one or two there also, so you can save it's a disgrace for basketball for someone who cares? It happens all the time.
bobcatfan1 Wrote:You need to stop throwing off on j. Newman he is an excellent player and was never held back. I know for a fact that e.j. Was held back at least one year and everybody in pike co. Knows it. When you have to hold one back at least one year to play ball its a disgrace.

in that case, elisha got mvp of region as a freshman (in your words a sophomore). so his one year of being held back isnt that big of a deal. no one said BL wasnt allowed to do it. if your gonna get beat by a team of hold backs and complain about it, shoulda held back then.

no ones throwing off on newman. the valley fans on here said he is very talented and a very good ballplayer. you however get on here and throw off on e.j.? the only thing someone said that might be considered throwing off on newman would be an honest statement, that elisha justice is a better basketball player. newman may have had a better night, but you cant be serious to say ej isnt the best in the region, maybe the state.
I am a BL fan, prolly the biggest. Justice is a great player. Now if he was held back, I guess it really paid off!!!! When I have a kid, he will be 12 starting kindergarten. If that means he has a chance to go to college. People relax. Betsy Layne fans you played great, very respectable, but we got beat. Lets quit rewarding last loser and worry about next year. Root valley on and move on!

When your in any doubt root for three things in life and you will be fine.
Your God, Kentucky Wildcats, and the Betsy Layne Bobcats!!!!!
This thread has run its course.