•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina 68 - (1)Kentucky 62
memphistiger Wrote:blah blah blah. he is a good player. but i would not give him no huge ups for that 30pts. you cannot sit and tell me your good when you miss 20 shots? and like PCyouknow said, 4 was deff. BS. and if you disagree then go back and watch how many wide open shots he missed, so how do you make those kind of shots when you miss a wide open layup? heck, take wall,singler,rautins,collins, any good scorer from a top 10 team and put them on south carolina and i bet my life they do the same thing. how many assist a game does downey average? and how many steals? he is nothing but offense. and no one forces shots more than him.

your making UK look bad for leaving him open??
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Well you honestly can say that you are a Downey fan then. Dude traveled at least 3-4 times with the ball tonight. He was more impressive than Wall though I will give you that.

I didnt see it myself!
Stardust Wrote:Lol, I didn't once see Cousins take the ball at mid-court, split 4 defenders and find a way to WIN!

To play devil's advocate, Downey misses a butt-load of shots and did not have almost 20 and 20......
[quote=ComfortEagle]The people who read your posts care. The use of caps lock is hard to read and is inconsiderate to the readers of the content on this site. And if I have to remind you......

...lets all chime in class...

...use of proper grammar and spelling is a rule here at BGR.

12. We ask that you, the user, attempt to use correct spelling, grammar, and capitalization when posting in the public forum. Posts that cannot be easily read will be removed by the Staff. Numerous unreadable posts can be grounds for an infraction or suspension from BGR.

You're obviously joking. If this rule was enforced everyone would be banned.:lmao:
cuppett777 Wrote:i knew it was coming soon, because they get to many teams down and dont put them away, i i heard so calls after the game on the call in show, blaming the officals,come on dont go there, they didnt come to play and just got beat,but they will bouch back,they will either take it to vandy or get blown out, coach cal said they (vandy) is prob best team in the sec...

I agree.
theVILLE Wrote:DOWNEY IS THE MAN!!!BY THE WAY IVE WATCHED YOU PLAY I DONT THINK U CAN SCORE 50 ON UK!!!And he didnt double dribble and he didnt carry tonight! WAll is the one that walked:popcorn:

Downey was 9/30.

Took him 30 shots and about 15 FT's to get 30pts.

Heck, if ya shoot that many, your bound to make some big shots, etc.
The Obama Curse strikes again
To be honest I am so ****ed right now that it is crazy...everyone wonders why Cousins always has better stats then Patterson...that is because Patterson stays behind the 3 point line which is his worst game when it comes to ball...IMO Patterson is the best POST PLAYER in the country and in Calipari style basketball they only use one truly big man...I will be the first to admit that I am in love with the dribble drive but it got them beat today...when the chips are down and UK needs a bucket...put Patterson on the post and give him the ball...another upside about that is that Patterson demands a double team...he is a very good passer and will find the open man and get an easy shot...Cousins hardly ever gets double teamed for he can lose his head and take bad shots and when he does get double or triple teamed he forces a horrible shot 75% of the time...I am going to say this statement and see if it does not happen...IF UK Wins The National Championship IT Will BE Because Patrick Patterson And His Post Game...NOT Cousins.
lwc Wrote:To play devil's advocate, Downey misses a butt-load of shots and did not have almost 20 and 20......

uhavenoidea Wrote:Downey was 9/30.

Took him 30 shots and about 15 FT's to get 30pts.

Heck, if ya shoot that many, your bound to make some big shots, etc.

I am amazed that there is all this talk about him missing so many shots. I guess I will counter to everyone who wants to diss his game, and trust me, I'm not happy UK won, but this is the question to everyone who wants to continue to chide that this kid did not have an amazing game.

How did Deavon Downey MAKE 9 Shots, when he was double and triple teamed every single time he got the ball? How is it even possible that with so much defensive attention, he was hounded ALL game, HOW did he make nine shots?

Was it an incredible accomplisment that he made nine shots, or attrocius defense that 2 and sometimes 3 players still couldn't keep him from getting the ball in the Basket. Don't say threes, he only made two of them!
Crazy Horse Wrote:To be honest I am so ****ed right now that it is crazy...everyone wonders why Cousins always has better stats then Patterson...that is because Patterson stays behind the 3 point line which is his worst game when it comes to ball...IMO Patterson is the best POST PLAYER in the country and in Calipari style basketball they only use one truly big man...I will be the first to admit that I am in love with the dribble drive but it got them beat today...when the chips are down and UK needs a bucket...put Patterson on the post and give him the ball...another upside about that is that Patterson demands a double team...he is a very good passer and will find the open man and get an easy shot...Cousins hardly ever gets double teamed for he can lose his head and take bad shots and when he does get double or triple teamed he forces a horrible shot 75% of the time...I am going to say this statement and see if it does not happen...IF UK Wins The National Championship IT Will BE Because Patrick Patterson And His Post Game...NOT Cousins.

Easily the most disappointed thing with me as well. He has to DEMAND the ball. He has to be the leader, but I am convinced that after years of following Mayo, Crawford, Meeks and now Cousins and Wall, PPat is only a role player, not a #1 guy.
Stardust Wrote:I am amazed that there is all this talk about him missing so many shots. I guess I will counter to everyone who wants to diss his game, and trust me, I'm not happy UK won, but this is the question to everyone who wants to continue to chide that this kid did not have an amazing game.

How did Deavon Downey MAKE 9 Shots, when he was double and triple teamed every single time he got the ball? How is it even possible that with so much defensive attention, he was hounded ALL game, HOW did he make nine shots?

Was it an incredible accomplisment that he made nine shots, or attrocius defense that 2 and sometimes 3 players still couldn't keep him from getting the ball in the Basket. Don't say threes, he only made two of them!
Agreed..looks like has shot 10 more shots than wall and led in every category possible on the stat sheet over wall...but most of his shots he was shooting over liggins, patterson, cousins or he was fouled! Give the little guy credit he is the best PG last night...SD why is everyone not giving him credit for leading the gamecocks over the #1 UK?
Stardust Wrote:I am amazed that there is all this talk about him missing so many shots. I guess I will counter to everyone who wants to diss his game, and trust me, I'm not happy UK won, but this is the question to everyone who wants to continue to chide that this kid did not have an amazing game.

Is it worse that he as you say was doubled/tripled team all night and he still put up 30 shots, not counting the ones fouled on?

They ran doubles at him, they didnt keep two/three on him. They wanted him to give the ball up, because SC has no other big time scoring threat.

Well when your a D1 player, you should be able to make around 9 shots out of 29.

No doubt he's a great player. But, 9/29?

He has 76 TO's to 72 assists.

What good D1 player, can't shoot 9/29?
theVILLE Wrote:Agreed..looks like has shot 10 more shots than wall and led in every category possible on the stat sheet over wall...but most of his shots he was shooting over liggins, patterson, cousins or he was fouled! Give the little guy credit he is the best PG last night...SD why is everyone not giving him credit for leading the gamecocks over the #1 UK?

Actually Wall was 6/16, so Downey almost doubled him in shots taken.

Downey- 9/29 10/11 FT's
Wall- 6/16 5/7 FT's
Crazy Horse Wrote:To be honest I am so ****ed right now that it is crazy...everyone wonders why Cousins always has better stats then Patterson...that is because Patterson stays behind the 3 point line which is his worst game when it comes to ball...IMO Patterson is the best POST PLAYER in the country and in Calipari style basketball they only use one truly big man...I will be the first to admit that I am in love with the dribble drive but it got them beat today...when the chips are down and UK needs a bucket...put Patterson on the post and give him the ball...another upside about that is that Patterson demands a double team...he is a very good passer and will find the open man and get an easy shot...Cousins hardly ever gets double teamed for he can lose his head and take bad shots and when he does get double or triple teamed he forces a horrible shot 75% of the time...I am going to say this statement and see if it does not happen...IF UK Wins The National Championship IT Will BE Because Patrick Patterson And His Post Game...NOT Cousins.

I agree. Why PP stays behind the 3 point line so much is beyond me. Cal needs to put him where he's best, on the block.
If John Wall had Downeys stats and UK wins, no one would be complaining about how many shots he missed.
PC_You_Know Wrote:A GOOD player does not miss 20 shots. A player that forces up 29 shots to get to 30 points is considered inconsistent. He hit 9 shots, 4 were BS. So this AMAZING player hit 5 good shots tonight?

Come on people, UK got beat by a player getting everything lucky in the world to fall. He got a few good shots to fall, but almost over half of his makes came from some play when you looked at the screen and said "really?"

KOBE missed 20 shots t he other night, does he suck?..look he was double or even triple teamed...he got fouled on most of thoses shots too!:redboxer:
Aslan Wrote:If John Wall had Downeys stats and UK wins, no one would be complaining about how many shots he missed.

:Thumbs:
uhavenoidea Wrote:Actually Wall was 6/16, so Downey almost doubled him in shots taken.

Downey- 9/29 10/11 FT's
Wall- 6/16 5/7 FT's

Downey has to score 30 for SC to have a chance...he had an off game, yeah! but he didnt need to make all thoses shots last night:biggrin:
theVILLE Wrote:KOBE missed 20 shots t he other night, does he suck?..look he was double or even triple teamed...he got fouled on most of thoses shots too!:redboxer:

Kobe plays 48mins, Downey plays 40.

Kobe plays against the best players in the world night in and night out.

Shots you get fouled on, does not count as shot attempt unless it goes in, so I'd say he shot closer to 40 shots.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Is it worse that he as you say was doubled/tripled team all night and he still put up 30 shots, not counting the ones fouled on?

They ran doubles at him, they didnt keep two/three on him. They wanted him to give the ball up, because SC has no other big time scoring threat.

Well when your a D1 player, you should be able to make around 9 shots out of 29.

No doubt he's a great player. But, 9/29?

He has 76 TO's to 72 assists.

What good D1 player, can't shoot 9/29?

And don't forget, HE WON!

Are people really crying about him going 9/29 or are they crying because UK LOST!
Stardust Wrote:And don't forget, HE WON!

Are people really crying about him going 9/29 or are they crying because UK LOST!

SC won, not Downey!

He went 9/29 and people think he is amazing, because he made a few lucky shots. Any other night and he's 4 or 5/29.

But, still 9/29 is horrible.

Cousins and Wall had 46 of 62. Patterson had 5, Miller had 0, Bledsoe had 4. Thats why UK lost. Not because Downey was amazing.

What if UK played about as good as they did against Ark. and Downey still puts up these numbers?

Everyone would be saying Downey is selfish and needs to get his teammates involved. But, UK played horrible.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Kobe plays 48mins, Downey plays 40.

Kobe plays against the best players in the world night in and night out.

Shots you get fouled on, does not count as shot attempt unless it goes in, so I'd say he shot closer to 40 shots.
I thought John Wall was the best??:eyeroll:
Stardust Wrote:And don't forget, HE WON!

Downey showed them all up is why there mad
theVILLE Wrote:I thought John Wall was the best??:eyeroll:

Maybe Wall could buy Downey a nice home, with the money he gets from being picked #1. Just because Wall doesn't shoot 22 shots a game(9/29), does not mean Downey is better.

Best in College Basketball yes.

Anytime someone has 29 or more and shoots 29 or more, that is not very good. Especially when 10 of those came from the FT line.

Wall has 126 asts. to Downeys 72. But Downey is only avg 6 more ppg, get real!

Wall shoots around 11 shots a game and avgs. 17ppg and 6.6apg.
While Downey shoots 22 shots a game and avgs. 22ppg
theVILLE Wrote:I thought John Wall was the best??:eyeroll:

I thought L-Ville was?
theVILLE Wrote:Downey showed them all up is why there mad

i have a question. where is mr. sosa? thought he was gonna show wall up. oh yea and last time i heard siva is handing out cups on the sideline hahaha whats louisville's record on the year? u should b a comedian, u rly should.
mister... basketball Wrote:i have a question. where is mr. sosa? thought he was gonna show wall up. oh yea and last time i heard siva is handing out cups on the sideline hahaha whats louisville's record on the year? u should b a comedian, u rly should.

Sammy is down in the dominican republic or something probably. Haven't heard much since he corked his bat, like UK corked L-ville.

Or are you talking about good ole Edgar? The guy that will never play in the NBA.

Should be Peyton Saliva, as much as his jaw was dragging the floor, when he tried to play with the Wildcats.
Downey is not that great of a player he has nobody around him so when he gets good players around him watch him fizzle, i could score 30 on the cats if i shot all the shots and i want to no why the ref did not call basket interference on south carolina when the ball was sitting on the rim but orton lets it fall off the side and they call interference the replay showed it was off the rim, The Cats got jiped it was a one time thing they will come to RUPP get blown out and Downey will not be a factor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
oh yeah and for the Ville, John Wall is better in his sleep than Downey is on a good day when Wall is making millions in the NBA and Downey has to get a 9 to 5 because he is not good enough and too small to be in the NBA, thats when we will now who the best really is
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You guys let up on TheVille..and try not to be too hard on Sosa as well..Sosa WILL be playing at the next level...........

For the Bluegrass Stallions Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next