Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 2010
BCA is correct..... He is going to be REALLY good. At this point he is as advanced as anyone I have coached at this age. That being said, OT is also correct Crisp will be a junior and Anderson a freshman. Adam works hard and has seen the level of play that you get in high school. Crisp knows the playbook and will be a junior, but I am pretty confident that Anderson will see varsity time as a freshman (at some spot in the lineup)......
OldTymer Wrote:LOL you haven't seen him play but you are making those claims? Being a stud in grade school does not necessarily turn over to high school. He is going to have to adjust both physically and mentally. It would take him being very very special IMO to unseat Crisp (a JR) at QB.

You don't have to see someone play just to realize if they're good or not. His stats in football, basketball, etc. tell that story, plus I'll take "canoeman06" word when he talks about this young man since he's actually stuck with coaching both football and basketball at Adams Middle other than the past coaches sticking around for one or two seasons.

I'm not trying to knock Adam in anyway, because he has the mechanics but he needs to improve in a lot of areas and the one that most concerns me is his confidence. I hope he's hitting the weight room hard and earning his teammates trust this off-season because if coach John decides to stick with the spread, then Adam will play the biggest role on the team. Although most quarterbacks are the most important player on the team.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You don't have to see someone play just to realize if they're good or not. His stats in football, basketball, etc. tell that story, plus I'll take "canoeman06" word when he talks about this young man since he's actually stuck with coaching both football and basketball at Adams Middle other than the past coaches sticking around for one or two seasons.

I'm not saying he's not good, but to say someone may start when not seeing them play doesn't really hold my water. Him having good stats in middle school (against players his age or not as physically mature as him) is irrelevant considering he will be playing against (and competing for playing time against) 16,17 and 18 year old kids . Canoeman making that claim is a little different considering he has actually seen him play .
I don't see the Anderson kid starting at QB, but with graduation losses, I see him starting at corner or saftey. He also may see quite a bit of playing time at halfback, allowing the P-burg staff to have two arms in the backfield
I think it is safe to say that the job is Crisp's to lose. He needs to reach the point where the game "slows down" for him at the varsity level, and that can only come with experience and playing time. I have heard that he is hitting most every QB camp that he can this summer, which can only help him. Plus, he has had the privilege of tutoring under Burchett for the past 2 years.

One thing I will say for this coaching staff. They have shown a knack for getting young talented freshmen on the field in some capacity. In recent years, McKinney, Burchett, Griffith, Jamerson, and Garner have all seen meaningful minutes, if not started some games, at the varsity level throughout their freshmen years. If Anderson is as talented as everyone says (and I know canoeman...if he says so, then I believe him), he will find some varsity PT in some capacity next year. It may be at rb, wr, special teams, punt returns, etc. Whether it is at QB or not remains to be seen.

I know that the returning players are hitting the weights and conditioning HARD, with several of the players attending the HIT center in Huntington. We will be bottom heavy next year with freshmen and sophmores, and only 3-6 seniors, but given the "out of nowhere" success of last season, I am anxious for the year to begin. What better place to open the season next year than at CAM against Belfry (unless they will agree to come here again next year...)?
I'll say Crisp is the starter for now as well.

Any information on this Anderson kid? Size, weight, anything? Canoeman06?
ha, were still going to be good.

our middle school just won the big sandy conference, and all those starting boys were 8th grade which gives us a dominate freshmen class.
not counting all our returning boys who played on the 09 season that led us a 13-1 record.

looks like anoter victory round for pburg!!
I belive pburg will slow starting off,but will be strong come playoff time.
Prestonsburg lost a lot of skill positions last year, but I look for them to be strong again. The line will be the best they've had for awhile. Garner, Cook, Griffith, and Stovall.

Adam Crisp has done a good job running the offense with the JV team and will have a great line in front of him. Jamerson (6'4") will be a big target again this year, but they also have Slone and Williams. With Collins and Robionson moving up in the backfill they should be just as good on offense.

Defensively they have some holes to fill in the secondary, but I'm sure Coach James and Coach Joe will get it done.

Look for another great year. District Champs and another shot at the Regional.
I don't think it matter who is behind the center, at prestonsburg they will do a great job because i have seen harder schedules at the middle school level just look at last years ,the schedule was a winning one from getgo to make certian players look like college # 1 picks
ky sports Wrote:I don't think it matter who is behind the center, at prestonsburg they will do a great job because i have seen harder schedules at the middle school level just look at last years ,the schedule was a winning one from getgo to make certian players look like college # 1 picks

:flush:

Prestonsburg only had two kids that played that where over 250lbs and the average weight of there linemen was no more than 220lbs. They didn't have but only a handful of players who could bench over 200lbs and they also only had 28 players on the team and still went to the state-semi's.

Carry on.
heard p burg was going to the eagles nest for the touchtone bowl game that would be good for both teams why not all the other teams and coaches at p burg make the trip why not you COACH J D
ky sports Wrote:heard p burg was going to the eagles nest for the touchtone bowl game that would be good for both teams why not all the other teams and coaches at p burg make the trip why not you COACH J D

From my understanding, the two coaching staffs do not get along.

That is the only reason why JC/Prestonsburg will not play.
i know for a fact if p burg wanted to play jc in HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL it would happen they have been invited the past 4 years and declined the offer you know that would be a great fund raiser for that TURFF that they want so bad.
i think they will be better than alot of plp expect imo
How will we fare'?
Good question... We return 3 big time players in Griffith, Jamerson, and Garner, but lost alot of skill players. New QB, new RB's, and we will be REALLY young.

Some names to watch out for this year:

Trevor Stovall: quietly became a force at LB last year, although he went largely unnoticed due to the play of McKinney and Griffith at LB. I expect big, big things from him this year.

Kain Collins: He is simply a tank. Runs harder then anyone else on the team.

Wesley Robinson: Was the fastest guy on the team LAST year, and from all indications, has gotten faster.

Nathan Slone: gained experience last year, and track has helped him immensely this year. Lots of PT at WR and DB for him.

Adam Crisp: Takes over the reins at QB. Has spent the past 2 years under the tutelage of Burchett, and now it is his time to shine.

I don't think anyone believes they will match the success of last season, but then again, very, very few predicted last season's success either.
cat86 Wrote:Good question... We return 3 big time players in Griffith, Jamerson, and Garner, but lost alot of skill players. New QB, new RB's, and we will be REALLY young.

Some names to watch out for this year:

Trevor Stovall: quietly became a force at LB last year, although he went largely unnoticed due to the play of McKinney and Griffith at LB. I expect big, big things from him this year.

Kain Collins: He is simply a tank. Runs harder then anyone else on the team.

Wesley Robinson: Was the fastest guy on the team LAST year, and from all indications, has gotten faster.

Nathan Slone: gained experience last year, and track has helped him immensely this year. Lots of PT at WR and DB for him.

Adam Crisp: Takes over the reins at QB. Has spent the past 2 years under the tutelage of Burchett, and now it is his time to shine.

I don't think anyone believes they will match the success of last season, but then again, very, very few predicted last season's success either.

I can agree with everything, except that Wes Robinson was the fastest player on the team last season, as I thought it was Cameron Tincher. Just wish he would have played football a lot sooner so he could have learned the offense.
I noticed that Cameron Tincher did very well in the 100 & 200M dashes this track season, so if the other guy was "the fastest man on the team," he definitely has some speed and should significantly contribute to the cause this season.

I did not get to the Prestonsburg play last season. I have a family member on Sheldon Clark's team but unfortunately did not get to see the game due to a situation that needed attention that evening.

I most certainly plan on seeing the SC vs. Prestonsburg this season, for I want to see all of SC's games.
I say we will be good, but young. 2011 season we will be dominate!
This year I see maybe 3 losses.