Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stoudemire considering Nets?
Phoenix Suns forward Amar'e Stoudemire can be a free agent this summer and he's expected to be among the most-sought-after players out there, along with LeBron James(notes), Chris Bosh(notes), and Dwyane Wade.

So these guys should be able to pick from the cream of the crop, right? The best teams in the league? Well, Stoudemire tells the New York Post he isn't ruling out the absolute worst teams in the league, a team that may end up having the worst record of all time: the New Jersey Nets.

The four-time All-Star, who has a 21.1 points per game career average, says the team with three wins on the season has a lot of potential, particularly in the form of Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, and the megabucks Russian who is soon taking over the team. Stoudemire also apparently likes that the team is moving to Brooklyn if all goes as planned. "Potential.

Absolutely. I think that's a team with potential," Stoudemire said. "They can definitely contend in the near future [with] the right pieces."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/...nba,214936
they would love to have him
The man certainly likes a challenge!
that would be interesting
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Imagine this. #1 Draft pick, Wall. Picking up Stoudemire from free agency, then........ King James also coming over from free agency. Talk about a turn around.
Is the Russian still looking to buy the team?
csabo17 Wrote:Imagine this. #1 Draft pick, Wall. Picking up Stoudemire from free agency, then........ King James also coming over from free agency. Talk about a turn around.
Is the Russian still looking to buy the team?

yes. i believe if im not mistaken he is wanting to move them to New York
mistake on his part. they will still be terrible.
cincycat23 Wrote:mistake on his part. they will still be terrible.

They have more money than anyone in Basketball to spend. They will buy a team that I guarentee gives them the biggest turnaround in wins and losses from one season to the next in the NBA next season
If in fact Wall is the # 1 pick and IF NJ gets the #1 pick....I hope he does go to New Jersey along with another all-star (anyone but Lebron i can't stand him). This would make for a huge turn around, I agree.
K_Mac Wrote:If in fact Wall is the # 1 pick and IF NJ gets the #1 pick....I hope he does go to New Jersey along with another all-star (anyone but Lebron i can't stand him). This would make for a huge turn around, I agree.

yeah if he kept showing my favoirite player up i would like lebron neither
My favorite player is KG. And I hated Lebron his freshmen year when he was given the rookie of the year over the true deserving winner Carmello. And has to who you are really referring to, Kobe is still better then Lebron. He has 20,000 points and 4 rings to go before i will listen to your argument.
K_Mac Wrote:My favorite player is KG. And I hated Lebron his freshmen year when he was given the rookie of the year over the true deserving winner Carmello. And has to who you are really referring to, Kobe is still better then Lebron. He has 20,000 points and 4 rings to go before i will listen to your argument.

Well, I'll give three of those rings to Shaq before I give Kobe credit for it. Lebron already is the fasted to 10K, so the 20K will be a piece of cake. Lebron got a WEAK team to the NBA finals all by himself. Kobe can't say that! When Kobe's teams were bad, they were bad with him.

Kobe deserved the Rookie of the year when he took a team that was terrible to a playoff cliber team. Carmello had slightly better stats, but he did not do for his team what Lebron did.
I disagree he took Denver to a much improved record and into the playoffs. Carmello stats were better plus at that time the West was the much harder more dominant confrence. You can not argue he didnt deserve the Rookie of the year.

And im through arguing Kobe or Lebron...Until Lebron is wearing a ring i could care less what people think. both my fav. teams has won the last two year LA and Celtics. And I look for one of them to win this year as well.