Final

Whitaker Bank Classic @ Wolfe County

1/16/2010

Lee Co. 55
Buckhorn 40

Lee Co. 15 17 11 12 55

Buckhorn
9 10 8 13 40

Lee Co. -- Barker 9, Bowling 6, Ross 5, N.Combs 10, Durbin 1, Wilie 15, Adams 9.

Buckhorn -- Wheeler 25, Gross 4, Young 2, Gabbard 6, Rice 1.

http://www.kentucky.com/945/story/104033...PIorderBy=
Is it right that Lee won two games today
Stardust Wrote:Is it right that Lee won two games today

Yep. both games apart of the Whitaker Bank Classic @ Wolfe County
^ Thx
They Lady Cats are impressing me this year! This puts them up to 8-3, Keep it up!! Congrats on 2 wins today!

On a side note: IMO it's really too bad that Wheeler didn't accept the offer last year and transfer to Owsley Co., I think they could have been nearly unstoppable this year with her starting at PG! But, oh well i guess we will never know.
Wheeler has been an outstanding player for Buckhorn for a very long time. Think she was playing while in the 6th grade. She's had a great career there. Going to be hard for the Lady Cats to replace her after this season.
leecoukfan Wrote:They Lady Cats are impressing me this year! This puts them up to 8-3, Keep it up!! Congrats on 2 wins today!

On a side note: IMO it's really too bad that Wheeler didn't accept the offer last year and transfer to Owsley Co., I think they could have been nearly unstoppable this year with her starting at PG! But, oh well i guess we will never know.

Are you saying that Owsley County recruited Wheeler???

Wheeler is a Perry County girl that has grew up at Buckhorn and her parents work at Buckhorn. She is one of the top players in the region.
Lucky7 Wrote:Are you saying that Owsley County recruited Wheeler???

Wheeler is a Perry County girl that has grew up at Buckhorn and her parents work at Buckhorn. She is one of the top players in the region.

Yeah, i know this. But, I worked with her dad for over a year and he informed me that Owsley's head coach had spoken with her and him about possibly transferring to Owsley Co, because he said that they were a good PG away from making it to state. But, this would have been at the beginning of her Junior season. I would have loved to see how good that team would have been with her at PG.