Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why start a thread for every game in KY?
Squid,

Thanks again for offering up something to be part of the solution!
Stardust Wrote:Absolutely awesome idea. :Thumbs:Not sure how Rupp will be about soliciting, but it would be a great idea to target the Sweet 16 somehow.

Can we get people to put a flyer over the commode??? :biggrin:

That was actually a plan last Sweet16. I was going to take flyer and leave them laying around in random spots like a restroom.

Just never got around to doing it.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That was actually a plan last Sweet16. I was going to take flyer and leave them laying around in random spots like a restroom.

I think it is an awesome idea BCA. When we get closer to Sweet 16, let's try to gain an understanding of who is going and who might be able to do what. I created a flyer about BGR that I used up here that had a little tear off tab with the BGR web address. Made it easy to hang up in Library's and Grocery stores where people could tear and take the address. Looking at the number of Holmes fans we have been getting, looks like they have been to the Library...:Thumbs:
Benchwarmer Wrote:Knuckleheads that ***** about what other people say is useless to me.

Me again? lol Confusedhh:
Aslan Wrote:Me again? lol Confusedhh:

Stop that.:eyeroll:
Stardust Wrote:I think it is an awesome idea BCA. When we get closer to Sweet 16, let's try to gain an understanding of who is going and who might be able to do what. I created a flyer about BGR that I used up here that had a little tear off tab with the BGR web address. Made it easy to hang up in Library's and Grocery stores where people could tear and take the address. Looking at the number of Holmes fans we have been getting, looks like they have been to the Library...:Thumbs:

I'm going.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I'm going.

Cool, we will make this thing work
Stardust Wrote:Absolutely awesome idea. :Thumbs:Not sure how Rupp will be about soliciting, but it would be a great idea to target the Sweet 16 somehow.

Can we get people to put a flyer over the commode??? :biggrin:

I don't think you'd be "soliciting" if you aren't really selling anything. If nothing else, you could just limit it to people that current members know. This is a small state, and the community of coaches and former players is already concentrated in one small location (Rupp).

Also, a few years back, BGP rented a room, and hosted a small gathering on the concourse at Rupp. Not sure how much that would cost, but it is an idea.

I'm sure that there would be plenty of people that would put the flyers in the commodes, if not over them. :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Squid,

Thanks again for offering up something to be part of the solution!

My gifts are few, but I do what I can.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That was actually a plan last Sweet16. I was going to take flyer and leave them laying around in random spots like a restroom.

The best laid plans of mice and men,
Oft times go awry ...
Benchwarmer Wrote:Stop that.:eyeroll:

Sometimes I really do think you hate me haha but I know its all in good fun! Or at least I hope Big Grin
hd28 Wrote:that's not the case at all. Congratulate your team, by all means! But why not do it in person by attending the game? That would seem much more genuine to me, especially if they are "your" team. I seriously doubt coaches, and very few players ever spend much time on sites like this, and if they do i doubt that they know who is congratulating them. Could be wrong, but that's my opinion.

You're telling me that I need to attend the games????? I find that the most offensive thing anyone has ever said to me on here. You have no idea how many games I attend or what I do to support these kids.
Stardust Wrote:I think it is an awesome idea BCA. When we get closer to Sweet 16, let's try to gain an understanding of who is going and who might be able to do what. I created a flyer about BGR that I used up here that had a little tear off tab with the BGR web address. Made it easy to hang up in Library's and Grocery stores where people could tear and take the address. Looking at the number of Holmes fans we have been getting, looks like they have been to the Library...:Thumbs:

Info sheets is a good idea. If I attend this year, I wouldn't mind leaving some around the media area where those with an assortment of pass privledges could pickup one. There's tons of info leaflets/flyers left on tables where the media/coaches/ppl with passes eat and watch NCAA tournament games for hours.
benchwarmer Wrote:stop that.:eyeroll:
lol
Congrats!
Wow!
Nice Thread to be a tie!
FINAL!!!

VETS 55 ROOKS 55

Line score for this thread: Post

Veterans (07 or earlier) - Ringem' Up 3, Jammin Jamey 3, Blackcatalum 8, Creeker 11, goodguy 5, Shadygrady 1, overated 1, Bondjamesbond 1, PC You Know 2, Goldcharger 1, killerb 1, nyy10 1, benchwarmer 9, Mr. Kimball 2, Blue-n-Gold 2, OTH 4.

Rookies (08 to pres.) - Stardust 24, Aslan 9, Pats2011 2, Strikeoutking 3, bulldog149 1, LClion4life 1, Squid 8, lucky7 1, AshamedLCParent 3, loubballfan 1, HD28 2.
^LOL. nice. You must of been pretty bored! lol & I just hit double digits Big Grin