Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which school hosts the best Wymt Tournament? Knott or Perry
jump_shot5 Wrote:How many does Perry seat? I know at one point Knott could hold 5000+ but since they added the handicap area it can probably hold 4800+.

I think Knott can still seat a little upwards of 5000 on overflow. They are right at 5000 with the handicap section there I believe, and lost maybe only 200 or 100 seats MAX when they took them out to make the new section, but that section also counts as well and you can fit like 25 or 30 handicap wheelchairs or more down there. Rounding either way, with or without, it seats 5000.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'd rather see it be held at Hazard's Memorial Gym.

That's high school basketball!
Why? It only seats around 2400. There's no parking. The lights are dim. The dressing rooms are ancient.

Hazard has a great basketball history and needs a new gym. Enough with the tradition talk.
Knott has the best gym and Perry the best parking but Knott's parking hasn't been unbearable this year with the help of the local police. They make getting out of the parking lot much smoother.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Half of PCC's seats are some of the worst in the region. You cant see a **** thing for people standing up around the walk area.

That's the truth..The last time I was there it was awful and couldn't see anything for everybody walking around....:Clap:
Knott is the best even if the parking isn't great...They have done a good job this year with that...If you don't like the parking then don't go..At PCC I had to park in a mud hole and walk a good distance so their parking isn't to great....I really don't care how far I have to walk to watch the PATS play....
I don't understand why they won't use the steps or the upstairs restrooms at PCC. I was at the Buckhorn-PCC game a few days ago and they had the steps and the upstairs restrooms closed off. You had to use the restroom downstairs which is tiny and if you were sitting toward the top at the other end of the gym you had to walk a mile. And the only concession stand open was upstairs and they had warm bottles of pop or frozen bottles of water. But I noticed at some of the games that I went to there last year that they wouldn't unlock the upstairs restrooms and I just don't understand that at all. If you got 'em use'em, I say.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I don't understand why they won't use the steps or the upstairs restrooms at PCC. I was at the Buckhorn-PCC game a few days ago and they had the steps and the upstairs restrooms closed off. You had to use the restroom downstairs which is tiny and if you were sitting toward the top at the other end of the gym you had to walk a mile. And the only concession stand open was upstairs and they had warm bottles of pop or frozen bottles of water. But I noticed at some of the games that I went to there last year that they wouldn't unlock the upstairs restrooms and I just don't understand that at all. If you got 'em use'em, I say.
Yeah Knott, undoubtably has the best hospitality and utilities. We might only have one set of bathrooms, but they are big!
memphistiger Wrote:im gonna say cordia as well overrated. deff. best parking.

Yeah. Its a great experience. :beavis:
catfan1 Wrote:Perry does not seat as much as Knott, I think Knott seats close to 5,000 and Perry seats something like 3,500. The only advantage to Perry having the classic is parking which is not totally bad at Knott.

Yeah, it is totally bad.
Overrated Wrote:Yeah. Its a great experience. :beavis:

Thats hard to argue.
Aslan Wrote:Yeah, it is totally bad.

It could be A LOT worse. It really isn't as bad as you are making it out to be.
PATS2011 Wrote:It could be A LOT worse. It really isn't as bad as you are making it out to be.

I was in the parking lot a good 20 mins after they played Hazard.
Aslan Wrote:I was in the parking lot a good 20 mins after they played Hazard.

Knott is the best place to have it. It belongs there. At PCC you cant see anything. I hate it.
I remember last year Knott played Perry at Perry and it took forever to get out of their parking lot. So both places have horrible parking. Perry's may be better but not by much.
yeeahh Wrote:Knott is the best place to have it. It belongs there. At PCC you cant see anything. I hate it.
I remember last year Knott played Perry at Perry and it took forever to get out of their parking lot. So both places have horrible parking. Perry's may be better but not by much.

Your exaggerating.
Aslan Wrote:Your exaggerating.

Fine. it didn't take "forever" but it did take a good amount of time to get out.
Aslan Wrote:I was in the parking lot a good 20 mins after they played Hazard.

Speaking of this game. After it, while waiting in line to get out of the place, a few crazy Knott Co fans just started hitting my windows out of nowhere! They did it for a few seconds and before I realized what was going on they ran off into the abyss...
Was that you Pats2011? lol benchwarmer? overrated? haha
I just ease on out of the arena with a few minutes remaining if its pretty obvious who is gonna win. I do just fine like that 3/4 the time. Maybe get there a few minutes early also. :blabbermo
Overrated Wrote:I just ease on out of the arena with a few minutes remaining if its pretty obvious who is gonna win. I do just fine like that 3/4 the time. Maybe get there a few minutes early also. :blabbermo

I tend to procastinate.
Aslan Wrote:I tend to procastinate.

Procrastinate a little longer and the parking lot will be empty and you can drive right on out. Smile
Aslan Wrote:Speaking of this game. After it, while waiting in line to get out of the place, a few crazy Knott Co fans just started hitting my windows out of nowhere! They did it for a few seconds and before I realized what was going on they ran off into the abyss...

I don't know about the abyss but maybe up the holler.
Aslan Wrote:Speaking of this game. After it, while waiting in line to get out of the place, a few crazy Knott Co fans just started hitting my windows out of nowhere! They did it for a few seconds and before I realized what was going on they ran off into the abyss...

Nope what do ya drive. :eyeroll: