Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seneca 103 Knott Co Central 51
Did Tate play in this one?
kywldcat01 Wrote:When I saw KCC against Fairdale I was impressed with the size they had. Why don't they try to slow things down and work the ball inside? I think they could have a lot of success if they'd do this and quit relying on the 3 ball.

Knott has 3 of the best guards in the 14th, playing up and down when those three are in should work to there advantage. They don't really have big guy they can go to who can score consistantly.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Which is why it's much more important to be a defensive juggernaut than a team that can put up 70 and 80 points a game. If you can't defend, it won't matter how much you score.

Perry Central gets made fun of for playing good defense but not scoring much, but it wins games. :thumpsup: Big Grin
However Perry has been scoring more this year than the past two under Hatcher.
Aslan Wrote:Perry Central gets made fun of for playing good defense but not scoring much, but it wins games. :thumpsup: Big Grin
However Perry has been scoring more this year than the past two under Hatcher.

Ok?
Overrated Wrote:Ok?

I was just commenting on how kywldcat01 thinks it's more important to be better defensively than put up a lot of points(which I agree with). It made me think of Knott(offensive juggernaut) and Perry(defensive juggernaut). I didn't say anything negative about Knott so theres no use in trying to get smart. ok?
Aslan Wrote:I was just commenting on how kywldcat01 thinks it's more important to be better defensively than put up a lot of points(which I agree with). It made me think of Knott(offensive juggernaut) and Perry(defensive juggernaut). I didn't say anything negative about Knott so theres no use in trying to get smart. ok?

You'd bring PCC into the NCAA finals some how.
Just talkin about defense there genius :thumpsup:
just saw the score. Ouchh !!!
Aslan Wrote:Just talkin about defense there genius

Atleast you know im a genius! :notworthy
Overrated Wrote:Atleast you know im a genius! :notworthy

Overrated, you must know now that PCC is for real no way a team beats them by 50. Hatcher would eat the basketball before that would happen. Look PCC beat Clark Co. 2 days before the season started and GRC is rated
4th in the state that should says something about PCC.
heaven44 Wrote:overrated, you must know now that pcc is for real no way a team beats them by 50. Hatcher would eat the basketball before that would happen. look pcc beat clark co. 2 days before the season started and grc is rated
4th in the state that should says something about pcc.

Wow.
heaven44 Wrote:Overrated, you must know now that PCC is for real no way a team beats them by 50. Hatcher would eat the basketball before that would happen. Look PCC beat Clark Co. 2 days before the season started and GRC is rated

I literally LOL reading the bolded. I could actually see that to be honest.
heaven44 Wrote:Overrated, you must know now that PCC is for real no way a team beats them by 50. Hatcher would eat the basketball before that would happen. Look PCC beat Clark Co. 2 days before the season started and GRC is rated

:beerwez::beerwez::beerwez: PCC and the Lakers would be a good game, I swear I think the defense could shut Kobe down, Hatcher and Phil Jackson would be a coach off! :Cheerlead
Overrated Wrote::beerwez::beerwez::beerwez: PCC and the Lakers would be a good game, I swear I think the defense could shut Kobe down, Hatcher and Phil Jackson would be a coach off! :Cheerlead

Are we really doing this? I've done my best not to say negative comments about Knott Co.
Aslan Wrote:Are we really doing this? I've done my best not to say negative comments about Knott Co.

Who you take? I say Lakers by 4
Overrated Wrote:Who you take? I say Lakers by 4

You would predict a Perry loss Big Grin
Aslan Wrote:I literally LOL reading the bolded. I could actually see that to be honest.

Reckon he'd get a technical for eating the basketball? lol
Aslan Wrote:You would predict a Perry loss Big Grin

:biggrin:
Aslan Wrote:You would predict a Perry loss Big Grin

No way man!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Reckon he'd get a technical for eating the basketball? lol

Haha I hope not because they might not be a ref standing after that T.
Wow didnt expect this...i guess kcc isnt a machine
Aslan Wrote:Knott has 3 of the best guards in the 14th, playing up and down when those three are in should work to there advantage. They don't really have big guy they can go to who can score consistantly.

The Roberts kid did a really good job against Fairdale down low. He and Ratliff both looked good in the post, IMO.

#34 (Slone?) also didn't look bad down there. He has a bit of an attitude though. Does he always play like that? He got up in Quintrell Morris' face a few times when Morris was physical trying to get position.

no team SHOULD beat Knott by 50. Bottom line is if you go into a game and not play tough defense along with having a crappy offensive game, you WILL get beat by a good margin. This is true for any team, including PCC.

If you don't play well or play to win then you are going to get beat, by however much you allow. Knott apparently allowed 50, which should never have happened, but it did.
Given the same circumstances of traveling a long distance and being the 3rd game in three days, PCC would more that likely get beaten by a lot also. PCC is just as good as KCC, no better or worse IMO. Not making excuses for KCC, that was a poor effort, but chances are that it would have happened to PCC also given the same circumstances IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

kywldcat01 Wrote:True dat...As good as Seneca is, they are probably the 4th or 5th best team in the 7th region.

I realize this is primarily an EKY site, but this game shows why a lot of people outside of EKY aren't exactly too high on the top teams discussed on here from that area.
I personally was impressed with KCC last night and thought they might give Seneca a game but I guess I gave them a little too much credit.

KCC will play the loser of the Eastern/Shelby Co game on Monday at 6....could be a similar result as this one.

I've never been big on all the hype, but to be honest, I don't really see any EKY teams on here claiming to be one of the top teams in the state. Shelby Valley may be making a case, but beyond that, most of the talk on here concerning EKY is regional in nature, so I don't know why people would be so concerned. Is there more Division I talent outside of EKY? Yes, there is. But, there are talented players of varying levels in EKY. These kids love the game and play their hearts out. Some have aspirations of playing beyond high school, others don't. Some will get to, alot won't. That 50+ point loss by Knott Co. was extraordinary and I would bet if they played again that wouldn't happen. There are teams in EKY that could play well with and/or beat Seneca as well as other teams outside of EKY. The reason so many people on here are so defensive is because of statements like the one above that lump every team in EKY together. I think constructive criticism is great..... you offer alot of that on here and I respect that, but at times, some comments boarder on arrogance.
What district are these teams in?
House Wrote:I've never been big on all the hype, but to be honest, I don't really see any EKY teams on here claiming to be one of the top teams in the state. Shelby Valley may be making a case, but beyond that, most of the talk on here concerning EKY is regional in nature, so I don't know why people would be so concerned. Is there more Division I talent outside of EKY? Yes, there is. But, there are talented players of varying levels in EKY. These kids love the game and play their hearts out. Some have aspirations of playing beyond high school, others don't. Some will get to, alot won't. That 50+ point loss by Knott Co. was extraordinary and I would bet if they played again that wouldn't happen. There are teams in EKY that could play well with and/or beat Seneca as well as other teams outside of EKY. The reason so many people on here are so defensive is because of statements like the one above that lump every team in EKY together. I think constructive criticism is great..... you offer alot of that on here and I respect that, but at times, some comments boarder on arrogance.

Great post and if you thought mine that you quoted was arrogant, I apologize and I wasn't trying to come off that way. I wasn't speaking of any teams in general and I know there are EKY schools that can play with anyone in the state.

See Elliott Co last year and I think SV could probably play with a lot of the teams in the top 20 as well this year.
Jenkins in laughing right now lol... KARMA
:Thumbs:
House Wrote:I've never been big on all the hype, but to be honest, I don't really see any EKY teams on here claiming to be one of the top teams in the state. Shelby Valley may be making a case, but beyond that, most of the talk on here concerning EKY is regional in nature, so I don't know why people would be so concerned. Is there more Division I talent outside of EKY? Yes, there is. But, there are talented players of varying levels in EKY. These kids love the game and play their hearts out. Some have aspirations of playing beyond high school, others don't. Some will get to, alot won't. That 50+ point loss by Knott Co. was extraordinary and I would bet if they played again that wouldn't happen. There are teams in EKY that could play well with and/or beat Seneca as well as other teams outside of EKY. The reason so many people on here are so defensive is because of statements like the one above that lump every team in EKY together. I think constructive criticism is great..... you offer alot of that on here and I respect that, but at times, some comments boarder on arrogance.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

mahb7878 Wrote:Jenkins in laughing right now lol... KARMA

Yeah, I'm sure they're laughing about a team that could kill them more than Knott Co. did.

Not trying to sound arrogant or anything, but KCC gave Jenkins mercy by playing their reserves and they still won by 92. Just imagined what might have happened if the starters played the whole game. It's likely that they could have won by 150 or more.

Think before you speak bub.