Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 96 Jenkins 10
I always thought that you have to play or forfeit your games in district play. I don't know if I am right, could someone please tell us if Jenkins has to play?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
As i have stated plenty of times before; jenkins is a YOUNG team, and they will improve. stop saying that the program needs to end, and that they should have combined with lcc. this is STUPID! i understand that you all are embarresed to read about their games, hey here is an idea DON'T READ THEM! coach johnson is working hard at improving these boys, and they are working hard as well. they will not be the same team next time around.
congrats lcc. jenkins keep your head up, and keep working hard.
Somehow, I don't think youth is the problem...I've seen a lot of freshmen and sophomores that could play.
HD28 Wrote:Not sure this is accurate....can someone confirm?

it is accurate. They can choose not to play and be the last seed. All saits did that in the 12th region years ago.
The bad thing about it is they have to pay to forfeit the games don't they?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Things like this happen at some small schools. When you don't have a large base to get children from and you have alot of coaching changes, it is bound to happen. Cordia, JBS and Buckhorn have all been competitive, lately. However, it wasn't too long ago that these programs were in the same shape that Jenkins is now. Things will turn around. It is just going to take some time.
I think that all of this will be handled better in the future, there are ways to prevent scores like this from happening... Also, the KHSAA should look at having a running clock just like football when the game gets out of hand....
cougarpride08 Wrote:The bad thing about it is they have to pay to forfeit the games don't they?

They could work out an agreement with the other schools in the district. Basketball coaches are more flexible about forfeiture fees. If this is done before the season begins, I believe there will not be a problem. It will give the other schools time to pick up two games to replace the games they will lose.
If i read this right LCC coach got T'd up to get his freshman players in the game. What did he do wrong? you can't tell kids not to score. and i dont think jenkins needs to fold the program. It is about the kids having fun not winning or losing.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If i read this right LCC coach got T'd up to get his freshman players in the game. What did he do wrong? you can't tell kids not to score. and i dont think jenkins needs to fold the program. It is about the kids having fun not winning or losing.

Yeah, thats more than Knott Central can say!