Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Blazer 72 Greenup County 49
Final. any stats? did Gregg or Bush play?
16BBall Fan Wrote:Final. any stats? did Gregg or Bush play?
yeah they played i remember seeing they were going to play today.
No, they did not play.

Whetsel had his best game of the young season, and Delaney got hot in the third quarter.

Greenup has excellent length, and they jump well. They must have blocked about 10 or 12 shots tonight. They really struggle with the ball, unless it is in the hands of 2 or 3 players. They seemed to get tired in the third quarter, and Trey Williams fouled out. After that, Ashland really pulled away.
no, bush and gregg did not play today tonight. this game was embarrassing for gc. they had over 40 TURNOVERS.. Delaney destroyed them the 2nd half with three pointers.. even though gc isnt my team, IMO gc should have won this game. turnovers kill, and fraley kept the two players in the game that had about 15 each that i seen tonight. they could be a good team but limit the turnovers and score the ball.
Squid Wrote:No, they did not play.

Whetsel had his best game of the young season, and Delaney got hot in the third quarter.

Greenup has excellent length, and they jump well. They must have blocked about 10 or 12 shots tonight. They really struggle with the ball, unless it is in the hands of 2 or 3 players. They seemed to get tired in the third quarter, and Trey Williams fouled out. After that, Ashland really pulled away.
Why did they not play the paper said they would play today against greenup
Unless they had practice early (before yesterday) which I am sure they did not they could have had at the most one practice. That is a large nargin of victory especially with Williams playing compared to the Greenup and Russell game.
No, Bush and Gregg did not play tonight. This game was embarrassing for GC. They had over 40 TURNOVERS.. Delaney destroyed them the 2nd half with three pointers.. Even though GC isn't my team, IMO GC should have won this game. Turnovers kill, and Fraley kept the two players in the game that had about 15 each that i seen tonight. They could be a good team but limit the turnovers and score the ball.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Why did they not play the paper said they would play today against greenup

I'm not sure. Dickey Martin didn't say anything about it on the radio (or, if he did, I missed it). I think they are supposed to play on Friday, against Boyd County.
yes, they are for sure playing on friday against boyd
16BBall Fan Wrote:Unless they had practice early (before yesterday) which I am sure they did not they could have had at the most one practice. That is a large nargin of victory especially with Williams playing compared to the Greenup and Russell game.
About a 3-5 pt game midway through the 3rd then the wheels fell off for Greenup and Ashland caught fire...

On a side note, I'm curious to hear how Dickie refers to Gregg and Bush on the radio... I'm sure he will not call them by name and simply refer to them as the "Transfers" from "Rose He||"... LOL

BTW, I had to be creative with the last word to avoid the language blocker...Those of you who heard Dickie refer to Rose Hill as that know what I mean...
devil58 Wrote:About a 3-5 pt game midway through the 3rd then the wheels fell off for Greenup and Ashland caught fire...

On a side note, I'm curious to hear how Dickie refers to Gregg and Bush on the radio... I'm sure he will not call them by name and simply refer to them as the "Transfers" from "Rose He||"... LOL
BTW, I had to be creative with the last word to avoid the language blocker...Those of you who heard Dickie refer to Rose Hill as that know what I mean...

Great one!:Clap::thanks:
16BBall Fan Wrote:Unless they had practice early (before yesterday) which I am sure they did not they could have had at the most one practice. That is a large nargin of victory especially with Williams playing compared to the Greenup and Russell game.
I would almost bet Russell will play ashland closer than greenup did after seeing that Russell's 5-24 team beat ashland last year I never count them out.
Nice job Ashland
Sophomore, Whetzel did great last night as well as the Junior, Delaney. They both impacted the win for the Tomcats. A problem with Ashland is that they don't have a big man or anyone to rebound. Once Corey Gregg is able to play, the Tomcats will be an excellent team and will be hard to defeat. But you have to give Skaggs credit for leading the team, protecting the ball and getting them into an offense.

Stephenson and Lithecum was huge last night with blocked shots. Lithecum had at least 6blocks and Stephenson had a tremendous amount as well when he played. I never really understood why they didn't stay in the game when they were doing well. GC made a good run in the 1st quarter and Fraley took some of his players out and everything went downhill from there. With their height, they could help the Musketeers defensivly and offensivly as well.
Turnovers, and not guarding the three point line is really the only thing that killed greenup in this game. Because rebounding greenup did great and anytime ashland tried to drive they got their shot blocked. Mostly by Williams, Linthicum, and Stephenson. But Going into the second half they left Delaney catch fire from three and slacked off on the defensive end and the score showed it.
Shark Wrote:Turnovers, and not guarding the three point line is really the only thing that killed greenup in this game. Because rebounding greenup did great and anytime ashland tried to drive they got their shot blocked. Mostly by Williams, Linthicum, and Stephenson. But Going into the second half they left Delaney catch fire from three and slacked off on the defensive end and the score showed it.

I'm my mind Greenup should have went in a box in one on Delaney.
Yes or also they couldve went to a triangle and 2 and guarded Delaney and whetzel because ashlands bigs weren't doing anything. And none of the other guards were factors either
You guys should email Coach Fraley and help him out.:ChairHit: If one of you guys is a motivation speaker that would help also. GC acted they didn't care if they won or lost in the second half. :zzz:
CleanupMan Wrote:You guys should email Coach Fraley and help him out.:ChairHit: If one of you guys is a motivation speaker that would help also. GC acted they didn't care if they won or lost in the second half. :zzz:
Someone needs to Email him, When you have 4 kids 6'4 or bigger and they very rarely touch the paint, something is wrong.