Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
53.13%
Lexington Christian
46.88%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Lexington Christian Academy (1A State Championship)
Mayfields first apperance at state since 2005 I believe and LCA's first since 2007, lots of tradition behind Mayfield and LCA is building there own, should be a good match, im gonna have to take Mayfield in this one though

MHS 31
LCA 28
LCA by 10
Could someone add a poll to this? Thanks
This will be a good game. I am going to take my preseason pick. Mayfield, 21-14.
Mayfield and LCA have appeared to be the best 2 teams in 1A all season long so it is no suprise these 2 will play for the title. I like Mayfield in this one, both have multi threats and speed to burn but I think Mayfield has more weapons. This will come as a suprise to many of you who for whatever reason, mostly geographic I guess have no idea of Mayfield's talent.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Mayfield and LCA have appeared to be the best 2 teams in 1A all season long so it is no suprise these 2 will play for the title. I like Mayfield in this one, both have multi threats and speed to burn but I think Mayfield has more weapons. This will come as a suprise to many of you who for whatever reason, mostly geographic I guess have no idea of Mayfield's talent.

Have you seen LCA play this year? The same could be said for everyone who claims that Mayfield has so many more weapons than anyone else in 1A. I believe this game will be very close based on what both fan bases are saying. I believe LCA pulls this one out in a close game based solely on the fact that their seniors have been starting for 4 years and will not allow a state title to slip from their grasp.
This one is almost too close to call, but I'll be a homer and say Mayfield by 7. Both teams have alot of talent. The experience edge goes to LCA with all of those seniors and Mayfield is a little dinged up, but this Mayfield team is faster and more talented than people not familiar with them think. I know LCA is fast too, but I still think the overall speed edge goes to Mayfield and that will be the difference. It should be a good game either way.
UKftw123 Wrote:Have you seen LCA play this year? The same could be said for everyone who claims that Mayfield has so many more weapons than anyone else in 1A. I believe this game will be very close based on what both fan bases are saying. I believe LCA pulls this one out in a close game based solely on the fact that their seniors have been starting for 4 years and will not allow a state title to slip from their grasp.

Funny you should ask, yes against Corbin, why would you claim MANY more weapons, I said "more weapons". Better question would be have you seen Mayfield play, I assume not based on your posts.

This has the makings for a great one both a hugely talented for 1A schools. LCA with their great rb and QB and more of the same for May. I certainly realize this one could go either way but I like the Cards chances of taking down the big city private
LCA wins their first title.
I think this will be a great, hard fought game by both teams. I do not expect either team to win by more than 7-10 pts.
I know very little about either team and don't care who wins. That said, you have to assume that GOD is solidly in the Christian's corner. That may be too much for Mayfield to overcome. LCA 21-14.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I know very little about either team and don't care who wins. That said, you have to assume that GOD is solidly in the Christian's corner. That may be too much for Mayfield to overcome. LCA 21-14.

:eyeroll::lmao:
This will be a great game to watch. I have went with these two teams all years. Mayfield has a great team and a good def. But I have to go with LCA on this one. I think that they are place not just for the school but for there coach and his wife. Good luck to both teams.
IMO, Hazard is better than Mayfield so i see LCA winning by 2 TDs!
More east bias. Hazard better than Mayfield, what a joke. He probably got in his still before he wrote that. Mayfield 35/LCA 14.
this will be mayfields year.
this will be mayfields year. Lca is good,but it was Beechwood's to lose until somepone beat them, its obvious Mayfield is for real.
The way Mayfield put it on Beechwood and with LCA having the trouble with Hazard that they did, I'm picking the Cards to win by 10.

Good luck to both!
Lca by 3
LCA wins by 12. The big 3 for LCA will make the difference in a 35 to 23 game.
Ill take LCA 28 to 21.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:More east bias. Hazard better than Mayfield, what a joke. He probably got in his still before he wrote that. Mayfield 35/LCA 14.

HAHA that was funny! There's no way LCA will lose this one, sorry! Mayfield may keep it close to the end but they will not get over the hump!
Mayfield should win this with to much speed and to many weapons, LCA has their share but Mayfield has more
Mayfield on this one. Yes, LCA has good a qb and rb, but Mayfield is all around great. Should be a close one though
LCA finally gets there title, and Hayden should be on his way to UK as a wildcat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I know very little about either team and don't care who wins. That said, you have to assume that GOD is solidly in the Christian's corner. That may be too much for Mayfield to overcome. LCA 21-14.

Look. I liked the movie "Facing the Giants" too, but to assume that just because Mayfield is a public school there are no Christians enrolled there is a little short sighted. I am a Christian and I support the idea of Christian Schools. I graduated from a Christian College (Mid-Continent University), but not every Christian can afford to send their kids to those schools. There are plenty of prayers being sent up for Mayfield as well, but the truth is, I am not too sure that I believe God is all that concerned with who wins this ballgame. It is afterall, just that, a ballgame. What I do expect to see is two teams with alot of respect for one another slugging it out on the field and a good show of sportsmanship from both schools.
cougarpride08 Wrote:LCA finally gets there title, and Hayden should be on his way to UK as a wildcat.

Well, I hope your right about the second part anyway. I would love to see Hayden wearing the Blue and White. I am not against out of state recruiting, and I know we need it to be competitive, but I cant stand it when one of our homegrown boys ends up elsewhere.
Mayfield is the real deal.
Hayden may be out for this one...ankle/foot injury getting xrayed today...occurred in Hazard game apparently. Hazard game took its toll on LCA - they were brutes and left everything on the field - LCA was very fortunate to even win as it was.

Will be tough game for LCA if he cant play. Should know more once xrays are read...we are praying for no fractures...
Killer in the Sun Wrote:More east bias. Hazard better than Mayfield, what a joke. He probably got in his still before he wrote that. Mayfield 35/LCA 14.

Yea, this isn't at all bias or discriminating is it?