•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Wrong with Paintsville?
Redneck Wrote:You call 10-12 kids plenty? I know a few of the boys played basketball and couldn't make weightlifting, but what about the others. I'm not makin excuses, from what I've seen and heard, everything I have said are facts. You say things have got worse and worse except the year Coach Runyon was at the helm. You do know that Chuke Williams and Michael Copley are the ones that made that team. They were the reason that group of boys were as big, strong, and fast as they were due to their gruel and demanding offseason workout program, where ALL players HAD to be there. That group of Seniors (Wes Ward, Hans Doderer, Andrew Brown, Adam Smyth, Matt Blevins, Blake LeMaster, Johnny Porter etc.) were Freshmen when I was a Senior (2002). All seven that I mentioned started as Freshmen, we finished the season with a record of 8-4. Pretty good considerin the talent and players we lost to graduation after we won the Region Championship in 2001 (QB Chas Harmon 2,000 yard passer, WR Dustin Hall 1,200+ yard reciever, WR Brandon Gullett, OL Kyle Obrien, OL/DL Matt Runyon, OL/DL Brian Melvin, DE Chuck Hicks, DE Josh Haney, LB Mikie Stafford, LB Josh Conley, DL Jon Salyer), all those guys were starters except Jon Salyer but he played alot, then throw in the fact that we lost returnin RB/DB Tate Harmon (1,000+ yard rusher) to a season ending injury in a preseason scrimmage at Bourbon County.

10-12 thats half the team!!! And if Chuke and Copley Made that team why did he get blacked balled at PHS and we all know Copley reputation especially when it comes to his students. He Copley is not what paintsville needs. Chuke Would have been good replacement but we both know what kept him from getting the job. But thats between us paintsville boys if you know what i mean.
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:10-12 thats half the team!!! And if Chuke and Copley Made that team why did he get blacked balled at PHS and we all know Copley reputation especially when it comes to his students. He Copley is not what paintsville needs. Chuke Would have been good replacement but we both know what kept him from getting the job. But thats between us paintsville boys if you know what i mean.

Cat's out of the bag on that one anyways....lol
cat86 Wrote:I think he was referring to my post about Jim Tom Allen and Joe Chirico. And, yes...we will gladly take them both.
The loss of coach chirico is the biggest loss in our program he was by far the best coach we had.
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:Redneck, i think the main problem with paintsville is we no do not have the economic resources to rebuild our program. such as well paid coaching staffs and top notch facilities. Changes need to be made i think we both agree with this. My question and we can discuss it in pm if u want i what changes would be best. I want success for the program i just dont see it happening the way things re going.

I agree with that.

I know ALOT of people are upset about the offense we ran this year. I agree, it's not the kind of offense we should have been runnin, but it did produce 2 - 1,000 yard rushers, Nehemiah had well over 1,700 yards and Dyllon had over 1,000. I do think we could have put up more yards and been a bit more successful in a smashmouth ground game like JC's. I dont think we will see this same offense next year.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:10-12 thats half the team!!! And if Chuke and Copley Made that team why did he get blacked balled at PHS and we all know Copley reputation especially when it comes to his students. He Copley is not what paintsville needs. Chuke Would have been good replacement but we both know what kept him from getting the job. But thats between us paintsville boys if you know what i mean.

10-12 was just a guess, may not have had that many with all the kids that played basketball and/or baseball.

Copley's strength and conditionin program was unreal, that's where he came in.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Cat's out of the bag on that one anyways....lol

Didnt seem to hurt him getting a job at Pikeville. He was let go for the same reason and then landed a job in Greenup so that cat must be hiding in the Litter Box......lol
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:Redneck, i think the main problem with paintsville is we no do not have the economic resources to rebuild our program. such as well paid coaching staffs and top notch facilities. Changes need to be made i think we both agree with this. My question and we can discuss it in pm if u want i what changes would be best. I want success for the program i just dont see it happening the way things re going.

We may not have the resources to rebuild a football program by better pay for competent coaches but we do have money to buy a house + expenses to make a Delivery lane for the new lunchroom. I'm guessing an excess of 200 bills . That sounds like a lot of football. Love you to death Redneck but you ain"t been to a game or practice in a while. I wonder if we will be able to score next year much less stopping anybody on the D side. Heck I even worry about how many bodies we will have. What is the least number you can have and still play????? Oh by the way if we happen to get two or three excellent players in the program you suppose we will have an all-stater on our hands? With a wishbone #33 gets 2000+
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:Didnt seem to hurt him getting a job at Pikeville. He was let go for the same reason and then landed a job in Greenup so that cat must be hiding in the Litter Box......lol

I guess we are talking about two different people and two different situations. He was not what I was referring too.
Paintsville football will rebound. 4 thru 8 has an abundance of talent. Coach Kinner will be fine if he surrounds himself with the right people. Chirico would be my pick to head up the defense. At any rate, good luck and the TIGERS will be BACK!!!
Redneck Wrote:I agree with that.

I know ALOT of people are upset about the offense we ran this year. I agree, it's not the kind of offense we should have been runnin, but it did produce 2 - 1,000 yard rushers, Nehemiah had well over 1,700 yards and Dyllon had over 1,000. I do think we could have put up more yards and been a bit more successful in a smashmouth ground game like JC's. I dont think we will see this same offense next year.

It will still be the same offense next year. Kinner is to stubborn to change. I wish he would though.
TIGERTIME Wrote:Paintsville football will rebound. 4 thru 8 has an abundance of talent. Coach Kinner will be fine if he surrounds himself with the right people. Chirico would be my pick to head up the defense. At any rate, good luck and the TIGERS will be BACK!!!

Ibelieve that you are correct on most of the things you have said.ie: good 4-8,Chirico/defense,and Icertainly hope that the tigers will be back. I think that the first thing that must be done is that the round pegs need to go in the round holes and the square in the square. Finally in terms of the offense nobody in eastern ky. could run the circus we have seen for the last two years. We simply may not be able to wait for the "rally round the flag pole". There may not be many seniors around for the 8th graders coming up. We don't have the man power to make mistakes in judgements and decisions. Go Big Blue!!!! as hard as you can.
How many players does Paintsville expect to have per class for the 2010 season?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:It will still be the same offense next year. Kinner is to stubborn to change. I wish he would though.
I personally think he should go to a smashmouth/option style offense. Who could Kinner get to help him that knows this style of offense?
Kiffin Wrote:I personally think he should go to a smashmouth/option style offense. Who could Kinner get to help him that knows this style of offense?

Coach Lemaster if he would? And BJ ward knows it to? Also if Chuke gets healthy they "Paintsville" could swallow their pride and ask him to help.
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:Coach Lemaster if he would? And BJ ward knows it to? Also if Chuke gets healthy they "Paintsville" could swallow their pride and ask him to help.
None of the three will do it.
Kiffin Wrote:None of the three will do it.

BJ coaches there now!
Has anyone stopped to think how many more games the Tigers might have won with an offensive change that would have started the ball out closer to the line of scrimage? Oh to dream about a good or reasonably good q-back taking a snap under center with at least a couple of guys back there with him. That's football not Walter Mitty ball.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Has anyone stopped to think how many more games the Tigers might have won with an offensive change that would have started the ball out closer to the line of scrimage? Oh to dream about a good or reasonably good q-back taking a snap under center with at least a couple of guys back there with him. That's football not Walter Mitty ball.

They started the year out in the I formation. But having Dillon at qb was wasting his talent. Matt Daniels will be a fine qb in the future. And not to mention they did have two 1000 yard rusher. I agree the spread is not a good offense but all long as Kinner coaches thats what your going to get. So dream all you want until a coaching change is made you will continue to see a spread option look from the tigers.
I would just like us to run the wishbone a little power I and maybe some straight T three formations all we would ever need in class A football.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I would just like us to run the wishbone a little power I and maybe some straight T three formations all we would ever need in class A football.
The T-Formation is outdated! The wishbone is a much better set than the T. I like the Wishbone and the Wing-T. Also, Brugh used to run some Power I with us and was always a good set.
TIGERTIME Wrote:Paintsville football will rebound. 4 thru 8 has an abundance of talent. Coach Kinner will be fine if he surrounds himself with the right people. Chirico would be my pick to head up the defense. At any rate, good luck and the TIGERS will be BACK!!!

I DO NOT DOUBT THIS. BUT, This is the one thing that kills me about this entire area...ie...EKY. We tend to pick our players or superstars before they even get into high school. It happens at not only Paintsville but every school on this side of the state. I and everyone else sees so many athletes walking the halls because they know they have know chance of getting a chance to show what they can do or have the ability to do on the field. Colt McCoy or Adrian Peterson could walk into any of these schools and say they were a QB and a RB and the would be told by the coaches they that see them as a WR or a OL. The way I see it...until some of these schools..ie. Paintsville, Pikeville, Boyd Co., and quite a few others realize this...it's going to be the same ole thing for the next few years.
Way too much talent in the halls and bleachers at all these schools.
OffTheHook Wrote:I DO NOT DOUBT THIS. BUT, This is the one thing that kills me about this entire area...ie...EKY. We tend to pick our players or superstars before they even get into high school. It happens at not only Paintsville but every school on this side of the state. I and everyone else sees so many athletes walking the halls because they know they have know chance of getting a chance to show what they can do or have the ability to do on the field. Colt McCoy or Adrian Peterson could walk into any of these schools and say they were a QB and a RB and the would be told by the coaches they that see them as a WR or a OL. The way I see it...until some of these schools..ie. Paintsville, Pikeville, Boyd Co., and quite a few others realize this...it's going to be the same ole thing for the next few years.

I agree with you to a point. I think the main point is when did students start playing just one or two sports? Seems like they get it in their head or the parents get it in their head that they are going to be a star in football and then they dont play basketball and vice versa. The point is a class A school especially in the mountians cannot compete if their best athletes are sitting in the bleachers. And my best bet is that its all the parents fault deciding what sport they think their kid will be a star in.
[quote=eastkyfootballfan]I agree with you to a point. I think the main point is when did students start playing just one or two sports? Seems like they get it in their head or the parents get it in their head that they are going to be a star in football and then they dont play basketball and vice versa. The point is a class A school especially in the mountians cannot compete if their best athletes are sitting in the bleachers. And my best bet is that its all the parents fault deciding what sport they think their kid will be a star in.[/QUOTE

Let's get down to the brass tacks and tell it like it is. The high school coaches are as much to blame as anyone. Every sport now is a 12 month sport. These kids dont know what to do. When you try to play more than, (they all overlap) you have every coach of each respective sport telling them that if you expect to play for me, you better be doing this with me. These kids dont want to make any of them mad. They cant win. That's when the choice to play either this or that takes place.
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:They started the year out in the I formation. But having Dillon at qb was wasting his talent. Matt Daniels will be a fine qb in the future. And not to mention they did have two 1000 yard rusher. I agree the spread is not a good offense but all long as Kinner coaches thats what your going to get. So dream all you want until a coaching change is made you will continue to see a spread option look from the tigers.

I-formation ,How many downs?3-4? Dillon' s tallent wasted,not on the last play of the 09 season {4-5 picks till then?}. I do know what you mean though. {1000 yd.rushers}Try 1701 and 955 as of 11-02=09, on pure guts and no blocking. Don't know how to block never been taught. Your last sentence is on the money. The dream is out the window with fingers crossed!!!!! P.S. We can't tackle either 383 pts. lost havenT been taught to do that either.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:[quote=eastkyfootballfan]I agree with you to a point. I think the main point is when did students start playing just one or two sports? Seems like they get it in their head or the parents get it in their head that they are going to be a star in football and then they dont play basketball and vice versa. The point is a class A school especially in the mountians cannot compete if their best athletes are sitting in the bleachers. And my best bet is that its all the parents fault deciding what sport they think their kid will be a star in.[/QUOTE

Let's get down to the brass tacks and tell it like it is. The high school coaches are as much to blame as anyone. Every sport now is a 12 month sport. These kids dont know what to do. When you try to play more than, (they all overlap) you have every coach of each respective sport telling them that if you expect to play for me, you better be doing this with me. These kids dont want to make any of them mad. They cant win. That's when the choice to play either this or that takes place.

I agree. And until somebody (parents, administration) stands up to the guilty coaches, it isn't going to change. In spite of what they threaten, most coaches will play their best kids, whether they've been "dedicated" year 'round or not. They want to win. If it's my kid, the first coach that threatens him/her with PT issues because of playing other sports, will be the first sport eliminated from my list of things my kid is allowed to do.
Copley's work outs are still as intense as ever, just ask the boys in GC...LOL
OffTheHook Wrote:I DO NOT DOUBT THIS. BUT, This is the one thing that kills me about this entire area...ie...EKY. We tend to pick our players or superstars before they even get into high school. It happens at not only Paintsville but every school on this side of the state. I and everyone else sees so many athletes walking the halls because they know they have know chance of getting a chance to show what they can do or have the ability to do on the field. Colt McCoy or Adrian Peterson could walk into any of these schools and say they were a QB and a RB and the would be told by the coaches they that see them as a WR or a OL. The way I see it...until some of these schools..ie. Paintsville, Pikeville, Boyd Co., and quite a few others realize this...it's going to be the same ole thing for the next few years.
I don't agree with this point. Star players don't have to be placed because if you're good enough on the field your play will establish you. Stars will make it because of their abilities on the field. I think what you're talking about is players with minimal talent being placed into star positions. I think there have been cases in the past and present of players getting special treatment because of who their mommy or daddy was. However, I think this happened when there was no clear difference at the spot and therefore they were returned a favor. When this happens players just want to quit because they don't wanna fight for a spot. Instead they want to hurt the team and program because of them being selfish.
Am I confused, or are you guys talking about what goes on from T-Ball through High school and is affectionately referred to as "Daddy Ball".
Kiffin Wrote:The T-Formation is outdated! The wishbone is a much better set than the T. I like the Wishbone and the Wing-T. Also, Brugh used to run some Power I with us and was always a good set.
Tell our boys the straight T is outdated. A Allen Central team with less talent ran all over us with it. But either all you need are 3 maybe four formations with 30-40 plays not 10 formations with 150 plays i would rather have 20 plays that my team could execute well than have 100 that we couldnt.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Tell our boys the straight T is outdated. A Allen Central team with less talent ran all over us with it. But either all you need are 3 maybe four formations with 30-40 plays not 10 formations with 150 plays i would rather have 20 plays that my team could execute well than have 100 that we couldnt.
I'm pretty sure everyone ran it all over us this year with every formation. Trust me, it's outdated.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next