Poll: Who takes this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
50.65%
Somerset Briar Jumpers
49.35%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Somerset 11/27 Broadcast: 96.5 WXCC www.coalcountry965.com
Who wins and goes to state championship game, I hope the cards keep the mo on there side and make it to the state championship.
I would love to see Sheldon Clark do it but the odds are against them.
Somerset by 14 at home.
Jumpers! Need to stay focused an take it one game at a time.

Sheldon Clark Welcome to the Briar Patch next week!
I'm afraid this could be the end of the Cardinals flight.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
CatDawg Wrote:I'm afraid this could be the end of the Cardinals flight.

I shall not lose hope my friend.....GO CARDS!!!
Somerset
Jumpers be ready. You will be facing the best three seed to come out of the mountains. Being a hillbilly through and through, I'm backing the Cards
Sorry Cards...great run, Somerset is really tough at home. They have huge visitor side bleachers but you have to walk along way to get to them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
would like to see the cards pull this one out and think they can
i look for somerset to overlook the cards and hager will come out and run that i formation and that smash mouth football and control the clock and win in a very close low scoring ball game. and only throw down field with big bad brad!! :]
SC 19 Somerset 15
Great win Cards,now lets get focused and show them what your about.
monster_energy Wrote:would like to see the cards pull this one out and think they can
i look for somerset to overlook the cards and hager will come out and run that i formation and that smash mouth football and control the clock and win in a very close low scoring ball game. and only throw down field with big bad brad!! :]
SC 19 Somerset 15

This Coach and Team won't overlook anyone. Jumpers will be prepared and ready to go next Friday night.
I think it depends on if Sc doesnt have to take a half to get warmed up. If they can get firing on all cylinders from the get-go, then SC by 14
I've picked Somerset all season and it hasn't done me wrong. Gotta go with the Jumpers they are rollin!

Somerset 34
Sheldon Clark 19
sc wins in a close one,there defense is getting better
If SC come out slow like they did tonight. Somerset will win it easy. If both team come to out fighting. It will be a good game. I am going to with Somerset 27-20.
Sheldon Clark all the way they are playing better now then they have been they are hungry for that title and we are going after it GO CARDS.
Sc keeps proving people wrong these boys are playing great football and from the looks of it tonight the somerset defense is very questionable.. But man what about that Cardinal Defense. Its going to be a battle and Sc wins another one IMO. 22-14 Cardinals
With a win over Belfry and not having to fight through a team like Highlands this really could be SC's year. While Somerset may not be a Highlands they are a tough team. SC will have to play better than they have all year to win this one. They will also have to find a way to cut down on the interceptions.
Im gonna take Somerset by 2 or less TDs
Somerset 18-10
no way somerset defense holds sc to ten points
Somerset 12+
Smashmouth football, 3 yards and a cloud of dust...Sheldon Clark controls the clock, plays solid D, and takes care of the football. 20-16 Cards go to the state championship game.
Good Luck to the Cards...keep on pushin.
After watching both teams play this year I think Somerset has the edge. Both teams have excellent offensive and defensive lineman. Both teams have good skill players but the difference maker is at Quarterback. Somerset's Quarterback can do it all. He can run as well as any quarterback I have seen this year and he can make any throw he needs to make. I think it will be a physical game but with Somerset playing at home I see them winning in a very close game. Somerset 35-28.
not sure who will win.. but i know the cards will come out firing on all cylinders.. trying to make it to there first ever state championship game.. good luck cards.. you've made us all proud to the cardinals fans.. keep the flame going for another two weeks.. play hard and leave it all on the field.... I hope the cards pull out the win...
Cat Daddy Wrote:After watching both teams play this year I think Somerset has the edge. Both teams have excellent offensive and defensive lineman. Both teams have good skill players but the difference maker is at Quarterback. Somerset's Quarterback can do it all. He can run as well as any quarterback I have seen this year and he can make any throw he needs to make. I think it will be a physical game but with Somerset playing at home I see them winning in a very close game. Somerset 35-28.

Pike central only moved the ball when there qb ran outside. so if somersets qb is fast that hurts sc chances. also if somerset has a big d line then sc might have trouble running there power run game. and thats the only offence sc has is running the ball between the tackles. i still think it will be a good game and look for sc d it do a better job containing somersets qb then they did pike centrals.
I know nothing about this Somerset team except that they beat Breathitt Co. So did SC. SC played a perfect game against them. If I am not mistaken they held them to something like -5 yards for the whole game. That is awesome defense. SC..... KEEP THE BALL ON THE GROUND. Your air attack is a little lacking except for B-RAD...Wow what a cannon on that kid.
Good luck Cards. I said after the LC game that you guys would go deep in the play-offs this year and here you guys are. Good luck next week and I will be pulling for you all. Would love to see you win STATE. GO CARDS