Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checking in: Clark County
Checking in Clark County
By Jody Demling:

Checking in: Clark County

[Image: http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dem...749013.jpg]Clark County coach Scott Humphrey has two of the state's top five juniors and a fine supporting cast heading into the new season.

So, expect the Cardinals to garner a lot of attention.

Clark County should be ranked among the state's top five teams, will play in a number of marquee games this season and should be a draw wherever they play.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs...rk-county.html
I'm really looking forward to seeing GRC this saturday night and hopefully calling their game against Holmes.

The Cards should be fun to watch over the next two years with that deep, talented junior class.

Will they have all of their players Saturday night?
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing GRC this saturday night and hopefully calling their game against Holmes.

The Cards should be fun to watch over the next two years with that deep, talented junior class.

Will they have all of their players Saturday night?

To my knowledge all will be there. The football players just joined this week. They are, Rogers, Skinner and Dini. Not sure how much they will play.

You will finally get to see Purvis. Hope he plays well, It will take him some time to adjust for not playing all last year and summer due to the torn ACL. He is a banger on the boards, and good shooter. Very physical. Zollo has really been playing more physical too. Rogers has always been a force inside.
This will be a good test to see how much work we need at the guard position. Also remember the name Fatkin, a sophomore. He had a great summer with the Derick Smith AAU this summer. I can see Vancleve as our up and coming guard.
I agree the Cards will be a fun and exciting team to watch for the next two years.
Good luck to Holmes this year,look forward to keeping up with them....they are the team to beat this year I feel.
Gold Charger Wrote:To my knowledge all will be there. The football players just joined this week. They are, Rogers, Skinner and Dini. Not sure how much they will play.

You will finally get to see Purvis. Hope he plays well, It will take him some time to adjust for not playing all last year and summer due to the torn ACL. He is a banger on the boards, and good shooter. Very physical. Zollo has really been playing more physical too. Rogers has always been a force inside.
This will be a good test to see how much work we need at the guard position. Also remember the name Fatkin, a sophomore. He had a great summer with the Derick Smith AAU this summer. I can see Vancleve as our up and coming guard.
I agree the Cards will be a fun and exciting team to watch for the next two years.
Good luck to Holmes this year,look forward to keeping up with them....they are the team to beat this year I feel.

A few questions:

1. What type of rotation do you expect to see Coach H use in the scrimmage this Saturday? (starters, positions, first off the bench, etc.)

2. How long do you expect it to take GRC to come together since the football guys just joined the team this week?

If the Cards can get good guard play, they're going to be tough to beat.
kywldcat01 Wrote:A few questions:

1. What type of rotation do you expect to see Coach H use in the scrimmage this Saturday? (starters, positions, first off the bench, etc.)

2. How long do you expect it to take GRC to come together since the football guys just joined the team this week?

If the Cards can get good guard play, they're going to be tough to beat.

I look for him to use alot of players. This is a learning experience and ways to see your weakness. What he did in summer ball. Got beat bad in some of those games, but he was getting all kids ready, not just the starters. Look for the football guys to be ready by the KOB....sure hope so.
Gold Charger Wrote:I look for him to use alot of players. This is a learning experience and ways to see your weakness. What he did in summer ball. Got beat bad in some of those games, but he was getting all kids ready, not just the starters. Look for the football guys to be ready by the KOB....sure hope so.

I think using a lot of players is smart in the scrimmages.

With saturday being a game between two of the state's top teams though, I wouldn't be surprised to see both coaches use their top 6 or 7 a little more and get the remaining players in during the second half.

As important as it is to develop depth, you always want to see how your starters stack up against the best in the state early on.
Jv plays in the practice gym connected to the man gym so i would expect both teams to be playing the "big dogs" as i like to call them a lil bit more than people think
Peacedomes85 Wrote:Jv plays in the practice gym connected to the man gym so i would expect both teams to be playing the "big dogs" as i like to call them a lil bit more than people think

Thanks for the info.
Peacedomes85 Wrote:Jv plays in the practice gym connected to the man gym so i would expect both teams to be playing the "big dogs" as i like to call them a lil bit more than people think

Thanks for the info, didn't know that.

kywldcat01 Wrote:Thanks for the info.

Do you know the format they will be using, since it is a scrimmage?
Gold Charger Wrote:Thanks for the info, didn't know that.

Do you know the format they will be using, since it is a scrimmage?

It will be played just like a real game.
kywldcat01 Wrote:It will be played just like a real game.

Thanks, I know in some scrimmages they play a quarter, then start over with the score.
Gold Charger Wrote:Thanks, I know in some scrimmages they play a quarter, then start over with the score.

Oh, didn't know you were referring to that. I'm not sure if they'll be doing that or not in this one.

I know in the scrimmages at Male last year, that's how they did it.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Oh, didn't know you were referring to that. I'm not sure if they'll be doing that or not in this one.

I know in the scrimmages at Male last year, that's how they did it.

That is what I was wanting to know. You can mention the format when you do the broadcast.
No Problem. It Should Be A Fun Time
Did Anyone Else Hear The News That Neal Pawsatt Of Mason County Will Be Out For The Basketball Season, Due To A Knee Injury....If Anyone Can Confrim This PLEASE DO!!!....I Dont Want To Start Any Rumors, But If This Is True That Will Make GRC The Clear Favorite In The 10th
Gold Charger Wrote:That is what I was wanting to know. You can mention the format when you do the broadcast.

Will do. Do you know whether or not Coach H will have a roster with him or not for us?
Peacedomes85 Wrote:Did Anyone Else Hear The News That Neal Pawsatt Of Mason County Will Be Out For The Basketball Season, Due To A Knee Injury....If Anyone Can Confrim This PLEASE DO!!!....I Dont Want To Start Any Rumors, But If This Is True That Will Make GRC The Clear Favorite In The 10th

Old news. It is posted in a thread. He Tore his MCL, could be out 5-6 weeks or could sit out all of basketball and get ready for football next year.

kywldcat01 Wrote:Will do. Do you know whether or not Coach H will have a roster with him or not for us?

Coach Graham should have it.
Went to the web site you listed and it dosn't have the scrimmage listed to be on tomorrow night ???
[quote=Gold Charger]Old news. It is posted in a thread. He Tore his MCL, could be out 5-6 weeks or could sit out all of basketball and get ready for football next year.

Thanks For The Info :thanks:
Peacedomes85 Wrote:[quote=Gold Charger]Old news. It is posted in a thread. He Tore his MCL, could be out 5-6 weeks or could sit out all of basketball and get ready for football next year.

Thanks For The Info :thanks:

You are welcome.

Scrimmage with Holmes tonight...finally basketball season is here!!
Yes I Know..Good Luck Tonight:Thumbs:
Gold Charger Wrote:Coach Graham should have it.
Went to the web site you listed and it dosn't have the scrimmage listed to be on tomorrow night ???

It wasn't originally apart of our schedule. That's why there's no link yet. When I get everything set up tonight, I'll post the official link on here.
Peacedomes85 Wrote:Yes I Know..Good Luck Tonight:Thumbs:

Thanks, good luck to your team too...don't knwo who it is?

kywldcat01 Wrote:It wasn't originally apart of our schedule. That's why there's no link yet. When I get everything set up tonight, I'll post the official link on here.

Thanks!