Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Breathitt County Bobcats: "The Comeback Kids"?
wood_chuck Wrote:i dont know what youve been smokin lol. he had a better offensive line last year. breathitt wont even score 4 tds if they play central this year. and channing definitely wont pull off 275 yards.
I agree that Breathitt's line is not as good as last years team, but neither is Central's. The game is a lot easier if the offensive and defensive lines play well, and Breathitt's has not until recently against below average opponents. I am anxious to see how much they have improved, if any, against a solid Somerset team.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Breathitt's offensive and defensive lines are both playing very well at this point in the season and that is all that matters.
The game could go either way! I want to say Breathitt but everytime i have they have lost! Somerset is going to have a big leg up playing at home. Guess we will know friday. Anybody basing there prediction on a similar opponent they faced will do themselves a great disservice. I am taking the Briarjumpers by 6.
Considering the 4 teams that Breathitt has lost to this year are now playing for regional titles,(Johnson Central, Pburg, LCA, and Sheldon Clark) i would say they certainly havent played any sluches. They have also played and beat Hazard who is also playing for region this week. Keep writing Breathitt off as the underdog.....they love that.
fugate and company come up short of a state title somerset 34-19
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:Considering the 4 teams that Breathitt has lost to this year are now playing for regional titles,(Johnson Central, Pburg, LCA, and Sheldon Clark) i would say they certainly havent played any sluches. They have also played and beat Hazard who is also playing for region this week. Keep writing Breathitt off as the underdog.....they love that.
:Thumbs:

Looks like the Bobcats had one of the toughest schedules in the state. I think Holcomb knows his district is weak so he schedules the best teams for the Bobcats to play. They could and did win a few of those games. I think some people put too much credit into a record without examining the difficulty of the schedule...how the team actually played in the games, bad calls, ect.

I was looking on another site and the pros give the Bobcats a higher rating coming into this game...59.1 to 58.2 for the Briar Jumpers despite Somerset's 12-0. They must have taken Breathitt's tough schedule into account. :Thumbs:
Those vids I posted of Fugate and Haddix must have been a bit much for the Briar Jumper fans to swallow. Haven't heard anything from them since...Confusedhh:.

If you watch any of them click on the youtube link at the top of the vid and watch the #28 video. I did not post it due to the lyrics being R-rated.:yikes:
Somerset has not played anyone of the current Bobcats level all season. Somerset will be surprised by the Bobcat"s smothering D. Breathitt's D will continue to put points on the board or at least put the offense in great scoring position with their head's up, aggressive play.

Haddix will also catch the Briar Jumper's by surprise with his incredible speed and crisp passing. This will open the door for Fugate to have a big game. Somerset will be surprised by Breathitt's superior physical play. Could be a close game, but in reality will probably be a blow out if Holcomb leaves the starters in for the whole game.

Breathitt 42
Somerset 14
Flashman Wrote:Somerset has not played anyone of the current Bobcats level all season. Somerset will be surprised by the Bobcat"s smothering D. Breathitt's D will continue to put points on the board or at least put the offense in great scoring position with their head's up, aggressive play.

Haddix will also catch the Briar Jumper's by surprise with his incredible speed and crisp passing. This will open the door for Fugate to have a big game. Somerset will be surprised by Breathitt's superior physical play. Could be a close game, but in reality will probably be a blow out if Holcomb leaves the starters in for the whole game.

Breathitt 42
Somerset 14

Breathitt hasnt played any one either.....so no room to talk about schedules..
the 1 the only Wrote:fugate and company come up short of a state title somerset 34-19

i agree!
what Wrote:Breathitt hasnt played any one either.....so no room to talk about schedules..

Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
Jonson Central
LCA
Hazard
PCC

That's a pretty good non-district schedule. They only won one of those (Hazard). Those tough games have definitely prepared them for a playoff run. Their district is pitiful, but you have to play them. Breathitt was berated for playing a soft schedule last year and they got all the way to the championship game. Somerset is 12-0, no matter who they've played. I don't buy into all the Breathitt hype being cast out about a blowout. I think it will be a close game.
One more day and a wake-up and it will be game time. TongueirateSho
Flashman Wrote:One more day and a wake-up and it will be game time. TongueirateSho
Getting a little ahead of ourselves are we not? It is Wednesday! Go Bobcats!

mandan Wrote:Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
Jonson Central
LCA
Hazard
PCC

That's a pretty good non-district schedule. They only won one of those (Hazard). Those tough games have definitely prepared them for a playoff run. Their district is pitiful, but you have to play them. Breathitt was berated for playing a soft schedule last year and they got all the way to the championship game. Somerset is 12-0, no matter who they've played. I don't buy into all the Breathitt hype being cast out about a blowout. I think it will be a close game.
As far as strength of schedule, Breathitt has the tougher of the two. Both districts rank at the bottom of the state in all classes IMO. 4 out of 5 of the teams that Breathitt has lost to are in the regional finals, Somerset has one opponent.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Getting a little ahead of ourselves are we not? It is Wednesday! Go Bobcats!
It is a military expression that makes the time seem to go by faster. Today is Wednesday...one more day...Thursday and a wakeup which would be Friday...see what I mean? One more day and a wakeup and it will be Friday. TongueirateSho
If the Bobcats manage to win a title this year it will remind me of a Corbin team in the early 80's that pulled a similar feat off. I bet that some of you recall that if your a old guy like me who played back then
Flashman Wrote:It is a military expression that makes the time seem to go by faster. Today is Wednesday...one more day...Thursday and a wakeup which would be Friday...see what I mean? One more day and a wakeup and it will be Friday. TongueirateSho

Haven't heard anything from the Briar Jumper Dad since posting the videos of Fugate and Haddix. I hope I didn't cause the poor guy to have a heart attack or stroke. :yikes:
I think that Breathitt will have there hands full with somerset, they are huge up front . I think that is were the game will be won and lost, if Breathitt line can hold up and get Channing fugate in to the second level i think Breathitt wins. Alot people want to kind of dog Breathitt this year because of there slowstart but Holcomb and alot of wholes to fill and the type of offense he runs is not something the line can pick up easy, zone blocking is one of the most diffcult things you ever teach in highschool football. I also think that this is the strongest freshman class that has ever been through breathitt and that is saying alot. I think that Breathitt wins in a sqeaker 28-21.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!
Flashman Wrote:If Breathitt does steamroll Somerset like I think they will...win the next two games and the Class 3A State Championship this year after such a difficult regular season riddled with injuries and difficult losses....would not this be one of the greatest team turnarounds ever?

These guys could do it in my opinion. This team has just as much if not more talent than last year's team. Haddix and Fugate are two of the best in the state and Holcomb is one of the best coaches in the history of high school football. The rest of the team is healthy for the first time all season and the team is obviously firing on all cylinders.

This is the most dangerous team in the state 3A at this point in the season. I think some of you are too quick to write a team off after a few injuries coupled with a few losses. These guys are in top form at the right time and that is the most important thing. We will see....but my money is on the Bobcats.

breathitt was lucky to steam roll powell county:flame:breathitt is not cut out for bowling gree n this year
mudcat_32 Wrote:breathitt was lucky to steam roll powell county:flame:breathitt is not cut out for bowling gree n this year
Now that is funny!

Flashman Wrote:Haven't heard anything from the Briar Jumper Dad since posting the videos of Fugate and Haddix. I hope I didn't cause the poor guy to have a heart attack or stroke. :yikes:

Thanks for your concern, I'm OK. Just haven't seen anything worth replying to the last few days.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Thanks for your concern, I'm OK. Just haven't seen anything worth replying to the last few days.
Good to know. I was starting to feel bad for posting those vids.....like maybe I had overdid it a little. :Thumbs:
mandan Wrote:Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
Jonson Central
LCA
Hazard
PCC

Yea but they only won one game!!
I'm starting to get pumped for what promises to be a good game tomorrow night. I expect Somerset to do what they have all year, line up and play solid football! Coach Lucas deserves to be mentioned for coach of the year award.
Should be a good game. Too Much Fugate in the End. Breathitt Co. Wins!:zzz:
what Wrote:Yea but they only won one game!!

Not the point. I acknowledged that in my post. You said they didn't play anyone and I was simply telling you they did. I still maintain it will be a close game.
what Wrote:Yea but they only won one game!!

As a former coach I can tell you that a good loss can benfit you more than a easy win. On 3 out of 5 Breathitt's losses couldn't of went either way. I think that the bobcats have learned alot from them tough losses, the old saying goes what don't kill you only makes you stronger. I think that the bobcats are playing there best football right now and that when it counts.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:As a former coach I can tell you that a good loss can benfit you more than a easy win. On 3 out of 5 Breathitt's losses couldn't of went either way. I think that the bobcats have learned alot from them tough losses, the old saying goes what don't kill you only makes you stronger. I think that the bobcats are playing there best football right now and that when it counts.