Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 20 - Belfry 14
Way To go Cards!!! The Cardinals played a well orchestrated game. The hurry up offense was new for the Cards, also some new plays at just the right time in the second half kept the Pirates confused on defense. The Cardinal defense played an awesome game. I was also impressed because (If I'm not mistaken) the Cards didn't have a penalty the entire game, and we only had one turnover. Our boys showed they have talent this game, and I knew we had the heart to come back together for the playoffs after a few tough situations with injuries and ejections. I'm very proud of our athletes. Now we'll be getting ready for the Hawks. The Hawks won't soar just like the pirates couldn't sail..... Just kidding......Congratulations to the Pirates on another good season....Having such a great program makes beating you feel so good. Hats off to you Pirates......:rockon:
jammin' jamey Wrote:I don't believe Josey is being a hater Pink, I think he's just pointing out that Prestonsburg defeated Sheldon Clark so it's awfully hard to say Prestonsburg is rolling through a weak 2A class considering the Blackcats put the Cards in their place.

If anything, I think folks would agree 3A is weaker than 2A this season. JMO and not being a hater.

Thank you very much....

I'm definitely not a hater....and will fully support any team coming from the mountains to play the city dwellers (Louisville Central). In fact...I felt from the very early stages of the preseason that the Cards were clearly the best talented team in the district.

You're right though...3A is definitely weak.....and P-burg has smoked every 3A team left out of the "mountains" (no offense Somerset).

I've repeatedly stated that I couldn't see ANY team from the mountains giving Central a real test......

For someone who loves mountain football the way I do...and talks the quality of football in EKY up all across the state....it's not only discouraging...but very, very depressing....
jammin' jamey Wrote:I don't believe Josey is being a hater Pink, I think he's just pointing out that Prestonsburg defeated Sheldon Clark so it's awfully hard to say Prestonsburg is rolling through a weak 2A class considering the Blackcats put the Cards in their place.

If anything, I think folks would agree 3A is weaker than 2A this season. JMO and not being a hater.

No i said Pburg is the exception. They are rolling through 2a without even a speed bump. Howevery they played two close games with 3a teams. Has a 2a team even given Pburg a challenge? I think as a whole 2a is weaker than 3a. Maybe not at the top of the class but as an average.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Thank you very much....

I'm definitely not a hater....and will fully support any team coming from the mountains to play the city dwellers (Louisville Central). In fact...I felt from the very early stages of the preseason that the Cards were clearly the best talented team in the district.

You're right though...3A is definitely weak.....and P-burg has smoked every 3A team left out of the "mountains" (no offense Somerset).

I've repeatedly stated that I couldn't see ANY team from the mountains giving Central a real test......

For someone who loves mountain football the way I do...and talks the quality of football in EKY up all across the state....it's not only discouraging...but very, very depressing....

They didn't smoke SC. They played a very good game and barely came away with the win. But Pburg has smoked every 2a team they have played with the exception of SV.
Matman Wrote:No i said Pburg is the exception. They are rolling through 2a without even a speed bump. Howevery they played two close games with 3a teams. Has a 2a team even given Pburg a challenge? I think as a whole 2a is weaker than 3a. Maybe not at the top of the class but as an average.

I created a thread to continue the 2A/3A stronger/weaker conversation. Let's go there and carry on instead of in the Sheldon Clark/Belfry game thread... :Thumbs:
oneijoe Wrote:Before the season, who would have imagined Pike Central would host Sheldon Clark for the Regional Title ?!? Sometimes you just never know...

Confusedhh:

It was Friday the 13th....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats SC
Ldycard83 Wrote:Way To go Cards!!! The Cardinals played a well orchestrated game. The hurry up offense was new for the Cards, also some new plays at just the right time in the second half kept the Pirates confused on defense. The Cardinal defense played an awesome game. I was also impressed because (If I'm not mistaken) the Cards didn't have a penalty the entire game, and we only had one turnover. Our boys showed they have talent this game, and I knew we had the heart to come back together for the playoffs after a few tough situations with injuries and ejections. I'm very proud of our athletes. Now we'll be getting ready for the Hawks. The Hawks won't soar just like the pirates couldn't sail..... Just kidding......Congratulations to the Pirates on another good season....Having such a great program makes beating you feel so good. Hats off to you Pirates......:rockon:

No, they didn't have one called lol, those refs missed alot of calls on both sides.
Matman Wrote:They didn't smoke SC. They played a very good game and barely came away with the win. But Pburg has smoked every 2a team they have played with the exception of SV.

Didn't smoke Breathitt either.They played good but Breathitt wins 99 of 100 vs P-burg this year.We lost by 1 point because we let them hang around.They are good and should get to the finals but Come on.
Matman Wrote:No i said Pburg is the exception. They are rolling through 2a without even a speed bump. Howevery they played two close games with 3a teams. Has a 2a team even given Pburg a challenge? I think as a whole 2a is weaker than 3a. Maybe not at the top of the class but as an average.

You've obviously forgotten Shelby Valley. Believe me, they qualified as more than a "speed bump".

The Wildcats played the Blackcats just as tough as Sheldon Clark and Belfry. And played much better than Pike Central. I think SV, SC, and Belfry are very evenly matched teams. Pike Central is simply getting hot at the right time.

I know Belfry had a lot of young talented players that got a lot of playing time this year. I look for the Pirates to be pretty dang GOOD next year. All things considered, the Pirate faithful should consider this a good year. You pulled a lot of pretty big upsets over some good 5A teams.

I'm already looking forward to the P-burg/Belfry game on Pond Creek next year.

:Thumbs:
Also another interesting stat is that the Cards only allowed 1 yard rushing by Belfry in the second half...Way to go defense
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Didn't smoke Breathitt either.They played good but Breathitt wins 99 of 100 vs P-burg this year.We lost by 1 point because we let them hang around.They are good and should get to the finals but Come on.

Funny how differently we see that game. (Maybe you mean they win 99/100 over P-burg if Breathitt is spotted a 3 score lead at halftime? If so, I'll agree with that.)

I thought P-burg came out in let-down mode and were absolutely flat (even lazy) in the 1st half. Remember, P-burg was fresh off their win over Belfry (the Pirate win streak was something the Blackcats wanted badly to end this year).

In the 2nd half...well, that was Prestonsburg after they woke up. The proof of that ? The Blackcats have continued playing that way in running the table. OTOH, Breathitt Co. fell off the planet for awhile.
oneijoe Wrote:You've obviously forgotten Shelby Valley. Believe me, they qualified as more than a "speed bump".

The Wildcats played the Blackcats just as tough as Sheldon Clark and Belfry. And played much better than Pike Central. I think SV, SC, and Belfry are very evenly matched teams. Pike Central is simply getting hot at the right time.

I know Belfry had a lot of young talented players that got a lot of playing time this year. I look for the Pirates to be pretty dang GOOD next year. All things considered, the Pirate faithful should consider this a good year. You pulled a lot of pretty big upsets over some good 5A teams.

Belfry certainly played better than many expected at different points throughout the year. The Pirates are young, a little undersized....and will still be going through some transitioning next year.

IMO, 2011 is when they have the best chance to really be a legitimate threat...

Here's hoping the Blackcats continue to advance. Most Belfry fans...if not all...would enjoy seeing P-burg win a state championship.

Your school, players and fans deserve it....:Thumbs:
oneijoe Wrote:You've obviously forgotten Shelby Valley. Believe me, they qualified as more than a "speed bump".

Actually if you go back and look at all of my post you will see that i did mention SV.
Matman Wrote:Actually if you go back and look at all of my post you will see that i did mention SV.

P-burg was an exception...Shelby Valley was an exception...

Well, sure... you exclude enough and your point, whatever it is, can't be debated. FWIW, in the 2a/3a debate thread, you did NOT give Shelby Valley props.

Confusedhh: :biggrin:
louisville central???
they play pike central next at pike central.if they wana beat pike central, they better come ready to play bc PC is gonna be ready to play!
beasy_bo Wrote:i would really like to see SC go to state for the first time

Me too! :Cheerlead
Congrats SC!! Great game!! Way to get revenge on them Pirates!! SC didn't win this one in the regular season but they won it when it matters the most!
cecokley Wrote:louisville central???
they play pike central next at pike central.if they wana beat pike central, they better come ready to play bc PC is gonna be ready to play!

I'm pretty sure pc will have to play sc and possibly breathitt county first. And if the do make it that far they will play louisville at papa johns. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I'm pretty sure pc will have to play sc and possibly breathitt county first. And if the do make it that far they will play louisville at papa johns. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

PC plays SC @ home this friday.
If they win they play on the road against the winner of Breathitt Co and Somerset.
If they win the state-semis they would play the winner from the west in 3a @ WKU in Bowling Green.
A_Ray #5 :];886039 Wrote::]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]].

Good game young man.
irishcard16 Wrote:PC plays SC @ home this friday.
If they win they play on the road against the winner of Breathitt Co and Somerset.
If they win the state-semis they would play the winner from the west in 3a @ WKU in Bowling Green.

Do they not play at papa johns anymore??
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Nope!
Sheldon Clark played an outstanding game last night. One thing I hope for, for the boys is that their vision is in the right direction. By this I mean that I hope that beating Belfry wasn't they "yearly highlight" and they focus on the week to come. Although they accomplished what they set out to do, they must now move forward, forget Friday the 13th and focus on November 20th. Congrats again SC and I pray for an injury free game for both teams!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
This was indeed a great game.
I also feel like we did a good job answering your call in the spirit section. Even though alot of us lost our voice in the 1st half.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I also feel like we did a good job answering your call in the spirit section. Even though alot of us lost our voice in the 1st half.

I have to say the spirit section impressed me!!! Smile

phs1986 Wrote:I have to say the spirit section impressed me!!! Smile

Hey phs any chance we will see any of you all at the SC/PCC game this week
CardinalAlum Wrote:Hey phs any chance we will see any of you all at the SC/PCC game this week

It's a great possibility I'll be attending... I do want to go watch "The Blind Side" also but I could do that one Saturday couldn't I??? Smile

I do have to work the Gary Allen??? (have no idea who this is??)....concert this weekend at the Expo... I'll be in the Red Concession if you come to the concert... We do it for our baseball team!! Smile

phs1986 Wrote:It's a great possibility I'll be attending... I do want to go watch "The Blind Side" also but I could do that one Saturday couldn't I??? Smile

I do have to work the Gary Allen??? (have no idea who this is??)....concert this weekend at the Expo... I'll be in the Red Concession if you come to the concert... We do it for our baseball team!! Smile
OK now I know you are lying. Any good ole country gal, and that is definitely what you are, has to know who Gary Alan is. He has had more hits than the Reds.