Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 20 - Belfry 14
Matman Wrote:SC just has some strong fast kids. Some of the strongest and fastest in EKY. 3a is stronger than 2a and weaker than 4a. Just how its supposed to be. Look at Pburg. They have been able to walk through their 2a games this season.

Keep telling yourself that.....:please:
I love that sc beat russell and belfry in back to back weeks congrats sc keep it going.
Congrats Cardinals!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Way to go Cards!
Great game SC. Good Luck next week. You dominated the second half, and deserved to win because you were the better team. That's all that needs to be said, IMO.
Belfry strong 1st half. Sheldon Clark strong 2nd half. Coach Haywood and Coach Hager you guys are great. I saw a great game. Evening well spent. Cheerleaders good job also.
Congrats SC. Belfry crumbled in the second half. SC shut down the running game and thats all it took.
Congrats SC, just like I told my dad sitting there with me at the half..Belfry should have stuck with their offense in the late part of the second quarter, if we could have punched another one in then I liked our chances. But SC owned the second half and we could never recover and made too many mistakes. Anyhow.. great season Pirates and get to work for next year as I am already looking forward to it!
1st great jobs Cards, second I hope Nathen is alright,also Pirates you played a hard game so keep your guys heads up,now Cards lets go to PCC,and take care of some more unfinished buisness.
congrats on the win!!! good luck next week!!
Congratulations CARDS!
Not what I wanted to see once I got to Nashville.

Anyhow, hats off to SC and Coach Hager (and to Pike Central as well). Hager had his boys on top of their game and to rally from behind and dominate Belfry in the 2nd Half is a testament to his coaching, his players, and the program all together! I hate seeing the season end so early for Belfry, but it take the edge off knowing how much Shawn Hager has wanted this.

It really was "Sheldon Clark's Year" and I can only hope whoever wins next week takes this thing all the way to Bowlling Green!

Good Job Cards!
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I've told you guys all season.....3A is awful......period.

It's been my position all season that SC had the best talent....so this outcome isn't surprising.

The problem is that despite the victory...SC is just barely north of average.

They have no chance.....and I mean no chance at beating Louisville Central. They are the measuring stick...especially since they haven't been beaten by a 3A school since the realignment...

OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Keep telling yourself that.....:please:
Can someone say hater? lol C'Mon Josey whats your deal? Congrats SC, i guess we saw what mightve happened in the first game but i guess thinking about it now id rather have it now in the playoffs than a month ago.
Big win for Sheldon Clark. It is weird to see Rockcastle and Belfry out in the second round. Grant it both lost to good teams.

Don't dwell on the loss Pirates, use it to motivate you for next year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not what I wanted to see once I got to Nashville.

Anyhow, hats off to SC and Coach Hager (and to Pike Central as well). Hager had his boys on top of their game and to rally from behind and dominate Belfry in the 2nd Half is a testament to his coaching, his players, and the program all together! I hate seeing the season end so early for Belfry, but it take the edge off knowing how much Shawn Hager has wanted this.

It really was "Sheldon Clark's Year" and I can only hope whoever wins next week takes this thing all the way to Bowlling Green
!

Good Job Cards!

:Thumbs:
Heres what I saw in the game for what its worth.It really was a tight game the whole first half. The pirates picked off a pass and took it down field which set up a pirate touchdown. Varney broke lose and went for a long TD run untouched. Sc got into the endzone and missed the XP and that was it. Second game was a completely different story. Belfry had a couple turnovers and just couldnt get anything going on offense. Sc's defense really swarmed the ball in the 2nd half. Also, I think Hager really stuck to the gameplan, mixed it up, and kept the Belfry D of their toes all night. Awesome game. Also didnt understand why after being down 1-2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, why didnt Haywood try to pass the ball?
Matman Wrote:SC just has some strong fast kids. Some of the strongest and fastest in EKY. 3a is stronger than 2a and weaker than 4a. Just how its supposed to be. Look at Pburg. They have been able to walk through their 2a games this season.

(strange example...as P-burg beat every 3A team also, including 3 of the 4 Region 4 semi-finalists.. Confusedhh: )

Before the season, who would have imagined Pike Central would host Sheldon Clark for the Regional Title ?!? Sometimes you just never know...

Confusedhh:
Pink Flamingo Wrote:Heres what I saw in the game for what its worth.It really was a tight game the whole first half. The pirates picked off a pass and took it down field which set up a pirate touchdown. Varney broke lose and went for a long TD run untouched. Sc got into the endzone and missed the XP and that was it. Second game was a completely different story. Belfry had a couple turnovers and just couldnt get anything going on offense. Sc's defense really swarmed the ball in the 2nd half. Also, I think Hager really stuck to the gameplan, mixed it up, and kept the Belfry D of their toes all night. Awesome game. Also didnt understand why after being down 1-2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, why didnt Haywood try to pass the ball?

He didn't mix it up.. He ran the same play many times, Belfry just couldn't stop it. Belfry wasn't fundamentally sound this year as they often are. Too many arm tackling, and not wrapping up. Sheldon Clark & Shawn Hager were more prepared then Belfry, and it was clear, they wanted it more. Congratulations Cards, good season Pirates..
They ran wishbone as usual, jet sweeps, wildcat formations, traps from shotgun, passed the ball a little. That IS mixing it up for a team that like Sheldon Clark!
OUT COACHED!!!!!!! that is simply all that needs to be said and I don't mean disrespect to the boys from SC.
i would really like to see SC go to state for the first time
congrats to sc,i think you guys will represent the east this year..
Congrats SC, and great season Pirates.
I've been waiting to see this happen for a few years, These boys are something they never stop and they keep impressing me. SC has given up 28 points in the playoffs 14 in the 1st Rd to Russell and 14 to Belfry. We sure have stepped it up here the last few weeks and now we need to worry about PCC.
Congrats to the Cardinals they played a very good game tonight I knew if they would keep their heads and keep playing hard they would bring home the win now onto PCC bring it home boys you can do it.Proud of all the Sheldon Clark Players. Cheerleaders you do a great job also.
Ohh another thing Friday the 13th Strikes again
oneijoe Wrote:(strange example...as P-burg beat every 3A team also, including 3 of the 4 Region 4 semi-finalists.. Confusedhh: )

Before the season, who would have imagined Pike Central would host Sheldon Clark for the Regional Title ?!? Sometimes you just never know...

Confusedhh:

No i used Pburg to show that they are the exception in 2a from this area. They played a very tough game with SC and came out barely ahead. Pburg played Belfry very tough in the first half of their game and came out and lost the second half against the Pirates. But still won the game. Pburg has a very good team and these weak 3a schools seemed to be evenly matched with them. I'm saying 2a is not any stronger than 3a.
Awesome job Cards! I'm so happy for Coach Hager.... we all knew how much this meant to him and seeing him celebrate on the sidelines could make anyone feel good. Enjoy this win a little longer and get to work on PCC! We didn't get to show them true SC football during the regular season and we want to now. Give us more reasons to celebrate!

And good job to our cheerleaders!! The fans were on their feet and you led great crowd cheers, kept jumping up and down, and you looked excited. You are always my favorite group to watch and I'm always behind you!:Cheerlead
Pink Flamingo Wrote:Can someone say hater? lol C'Mon Josey whats your deal? Congrats SC, i guess we saw what mightve happened in the first game but i guess thinking about it now id rather have it now in the playoffs than a month ago.

Actually...not a hater at all. I said all along that the Card's were the best team in the district..
Pink Flamingo Wrote:Can someone say hater? lol C'Mon Josey whats your deal? Congrats SC, i guess we saw what mightve happened in the first game but i guess thinking about it now id rather have it now in the playoffs than a month ago.

I don't believe Josey is being a hater Pink, I think he's just pointing out that Prestonsburg defeated Sheldon Clark so it's awfully hard to say Prestonsburg is rolling through a weak 2A class considering the Blackcats put the Cards in their place.

If anything, I think folks would agree 3A is weaker than 2A this season. JMO and not being a hater.